Arcane mage, to sacrifice 4 set bonus or not ?

hi there.

im in a little bit of dilemma, thought that ur opinion might help. i have a 4 set pieces, 3 normal and gloves heroic. since my guild killed garalon heroic tonight, i happened to won head that drops from garalon, Head of Intoxicating Vapors (i cant post any links due to shortage of posts)

Now, i have a dilemma whether i switch the set head with this one and lose 4 set bonus or not.

My ilvl is 500 atm without heroic head equipped, if u need to check me on armory, just type Zyncc on EU-Twisting Nether server

i was thinking maybe to get a normal chest from grand empress, and switch it with hc chest from msv and then switch the heads, and keep 4 set. dunno tbh

we have to kill couple of bosses before going on empress hc, so getting a hc chest set is not an option atm.

what do u guys/gals think?

thnx in advance

Unless you've got LFR pieces, the Arcane set bonus is quite strong and the secondary stats are unlikely to make up for it.

You lose Haste for crit, all around secondary stats, a bit of Int, and you get the 4p in exchange.

Um... Yeah, use the 4P until you get the 5th piece you're missing, ESPECIALLY if you're a Mastery build (as both pieces have Mastery anyways)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should keep the 4P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You lose Haste for crit, all around secondary stats, a bit of Int, and you get the 4p in exchange.

Um... Yeah, use the 4P until you get the 5th piece you're missing, ESPECIALLY if you're a Mastery build (as both pieces have Mastery anyways)
    no im actually haste build. im gonna try with simcraft to see what results ill get

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same issue. I currently have two set bonus:legs+ shoulders and i dont know if i should replace and which two of the other pieces .Spec is also arcane haste.

The pieces are
    Head:Xaril's Hood of Intoxicating Vapors
    Chest:Imperial Ghostbinder's Robes 2/2 upgraded
    Gloves:Claws of Amethyst

What do you think?...i m gonna run some sims when i find some time...just a rough idea if you guys know
    Last edited by Jimm3; 2013-02-06 at 08:45 AM.

thnx for hijacking the post btw

i simcrafted with both items, and without the 4 set bonus im losing 1.5k dps overall according to simcraft. so ill just stick to 4 set bonus for now, maybe if i get the normal chest ill run sim again, to see if its worth dumping hc non set chest for normal set and keep hc head.

here is my armory link btw http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Zyncc/simple
    Last edited by Akiris; 2013-02-06 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiris View Post
    thnx for hijacking the post btw

i simcrafted with both items, and without the 4 set bonus im losing 1.5k dps overall according to simcraft. so ill just stick to 4 set bonus for now, maybe if i get the normal chest ill run sim again, to see if its worth dumping hc non set chest for normal set and keep hc head.

here is my armory link btw http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Zyncc/simple
    He hijacked your post because you asked a question, got three absolutely identical answers and then decided to ignore all of them and do what you should have done in the first place (and got the same answer as three people had already told you)
    You didn't even have a post at that point

PS: Jimm3 unless you are deciding to wear LFR gear when you are perfectly capable of doing heroic bosses the answer isn't going to magically change for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiris View Post
    hi there.

im in a little bit of dilemma, thought that ur opinion might help. i have a 4 set pieces, 3 normal and gloves heroic. since my guild killed garalon heroic tonight, i happened to won head that drops from garalon, Head of Intoxicating Vapors (i cant post any links due to shortage of posts)

Now, i have a dilemma whether i switch the set head with this one and lose 4 set bonus or not.

My ilvl is 500 atm without heroic head equipped, if u need to check me on armory, just type Zyncc on EU-Twisting Nether server

i was thinking maybe to get a normal chest from grand empress, and switch it with hc chest from msv and then switch the heads, and keep 4 set. dunno tbh

we have to kill couple of bosses before going on empress hc, so getting a hc chest set is not an option atm.

what do u guys/gals think?

thnx in advance
    No.

As HArcane I think the head is your best off-piece (from memory, might want to check that) but it's not worth breaking your 4-set for, especially as you have the HC MSV chest.

The stat gain will be minimal as you're sacrificing a Heroic piece (also think about Intellect here) AND you're losing a relatively strong bonus.

The fact that various people above have said this and you still dispute it makes me wonder why you're even asking it in the first place. There's apparently a difference between the answer you want to hear and the correct answer.

well to cut story short, ive decided to keep the 4 set bonus. Thnx to all who answered the post and as fas as im concerned this thread can be locked,.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 4pc with lei chest piece is so much better than any combination of offset stuff.