Thread: Random Ninjas!

Random Ninjas!

I hate how people can need on stuff that isn't specific to their class (eg: Rogues needing on str trinkets etc....) I don't understand why BLizz has not addressed this and also I think they need to revise their loot system specifically on os over ms rolls because I hate it when I'm tanking and lose the roll on tanking gear. They should make it so that others can need on OS gear only after the MS player has passed it or hit greed on it. I'm not a loot whore or anything, I always ask before I need on OS gear. I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas on the matter, thank you

Deleted
    At what level was this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's not ninja'ing to need on anything that the game lets you need on. Annoying, perhaps, but not against any rules.

I don't really have much of an issue with it. I don't personally do it, but blue gear from heroics is so easy to get (along with crafted/rep/vp/jp stuff) that I find it just isn't important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    At what level was this?
    All levels

Honestly if you are QQing over dungeon loot on a main toon by now you have issues larger than being "ninja rolled" against.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by jasilv21 View Post
    I hate how people can need on stuff that isn't specific to their class (eg: Rogues needing on str trinkets etc....) I don't understand why BLizz has not addressed this and also I think they need to revise their loot system specifically on os over ms rolls because I hate it when I'm tanking and lose the roll on tanking gear. They should make it so that others can need on OS gear only after the MS player has passed it or hit greed on it. I'm not a loot whore or anything, I always ask before I need on OS gear. I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas on the matter, thank you
    Usually if you're the tank in an instance the DPS will usually ask, "Can I need that for tanking off-spec?" first before Needing. Sounds like you have just grouped with a bunch of asses lately, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because it's not ninja'ing to need on anything that the game lets you need on. Annoying, perhaps, but not against any rules.

I don't really have much of an issue with it. I don't personally do it, but blue gear from heroics is so easy to get (along with crafted/rep/vp/jp stuff) that I find it just isn't important to me.
    Yeah I understand its not against the rules but i also feel it might help some players understand what their class can and can't use it they can't need on it, I saw a mage stacking spirit the other day lol

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Honestly if you are QQing over dungeon loot on a main toon by now you have issues larger than being "ninja rolled" against.
    Well thanks for adding your useless input to the thread bro

Deleted
    Some people go back and collect BiS ilvl 463 gear to ensure that they have an optimal challenge gear set.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Usually if you're the tank in an instance the DPS will usually ask, "Can I need that for tanking off-spec?" first before Needing. Sounds like you have just grouped with a bunch of asses lately, unfortunately.
    Yeah I guess I have bad luck lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was on my Frost DK trying to get to 460 for LFR, I was in a LFD str ring drops hunter rolls need and wins the ring, ask why they needed on it as was big upgrade for my DK, but got no reply from the hunter. Got even by casting a vote to kick the hunter, and vote passed got rid of the hunter just before the end got dungeon done end of story.

I've been ninja'ed a lot, and it can be really frustrating. I know its just blue gear that you can easily get, but it annoys me that people can just be a dick like that without any punishment.

Making a new system that allows gear to go to the ones that actually need it will be very expensive and time consuming, and Blizzard is simply too lazy and greedy for that. They already said that they won't do a thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I was on my Frost DK trying to get to 460 for LFR, I was in a LFD str ring drops hunter rolls need and wins the ring, ask why they needed on it as was big upgrade for my DK, but got no reply from the hunter. Got even by casting a vote to kick the hunter, and vote passed got rid of the hunter just before the end got dungeon done end of story.

most likely was doing the same as you. "gearing" for LFR. or saw the secondary stats and a need button. that is actually an easy mistake to make.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Community can sometimes suck on this game, just got to grit your teeth and deal with it sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As annoying as it is, blizzard keeps saying it is nothing wrong with needing on anything you can need on.
    Then again they did fix the loot drama in in LFR with the current system over the old, I bet they will add it to 5 mans as well some day.

10+ Year Old Account
    most likely was doing the same as you. "gearing" for LFR. or saw the secondary stats and a need button. that is actually an easy mistake to make.
    I did that once, on my monk with the STR trinket in Scholo. I saw the stats and rolled need. The ret pally and the warrior tank was like WTF? i looked again and i saw the it was a plate dps trinket, lost the roll, said sorry i didnt read it and carried on.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Hardly easy to get when anyone thats in the group that can roll need on an item that you really need can do so and wins it. It doesn't make me rage or anything but I find it to be inconsiderate. If you sign as Tank roll on Tank gear and ask to roll on OS gear if you want it, same goes for heals and dps. So many times I have had dps monks roll on healing gear or mages/locks roll on spirit items, I do think Blizz should look into refining the loot system, but for now I try to run with guildies/friends that way you know you at least have a chance to gear up your alts in a decent time frame.

I mean really, I have had a few groups where I am the druid healer, and have had 3 dps monks, and one tank monk, all rolling on healing leather... wheres the consideration?
    Maybe I just think differently, but I wouldn't dream of rolling on OS gear if someone in the party actually needs it for their main spec.

On the other side, I have had some great groups that the folks have mentioned at the start their purpose for being their is to gear and off spec and asked if they can roll on anything so long as those in the group do not need for main spec. And this usually makes me tell them that I don't mind them rolling on stuff even If I need it, because they had the decency to ask and be polite about it. Manners cost nothing but can make a huge difference.

Drama like this is exactly why we have the current LFR loot system where players have entirely lost control over the loot. I'll give you another point of view.

You down a boss in a group. You couldn't do so alone, you needed the help of the other players, and let's assume for once that the others really helped. The boss drops one piece of loot everyone in the group worked for. Now of course this piece of loot is meant for a specific class and maybe spec, and maybe you really need it. On the other hand, the other players have deserved a just chance to get this very item by helping you, the reasoning behind this doesn't matter immediately. It could be for item level, style, for money, for disenchanting. From this point of view every player that helped has the same right to get this item.

Now you come in and want to equip it. What happens in most cases is that people who can't equip or don't need the item would simply roll greed while you roll need, however they are not required to do so. Blizzard has already limited the roll possibilities even for uncommon items, but that was more an effort to keep inexperienced players from equipping stuff that is simply not meant for them, e.g. hunter wearing int or such. However if you are ever in a situation where you desperately need more gear you might find yourself equipping certain agi items as ret or spirit items as mage simply because it is an improvement in some way; it might not be 100% appropriate, but neither is it totally invalid.

You probably see that it is not an issue as black and white as you might think. However, before starting to rant about it, you should probably consider that you do not have significantly more or less other classes / specs that may roll need on tank pieces than other players have, but as a tank in 5 man heroics you are also in a unique position where you can run about 2 or 3 times the number of instances a dps could in the same time, so at the end of the day you've probably had more chances on loot than 3/4 of the other players you meet.

And then, as soon as you enter LFR, you'll be done with other players for the next year, maybe two if they don't bring any new 5 man dungeons this xpac.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-01-28 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Hardly easy to get when anyone thats in the group that can roll need on an item that you really need can do so and wins it.
    You're unlucky when it comes to people all wearing leather...that's unfortunate, but the same can be said for a team of mages/locks/priest + tank all rolling on cloth (sans tank, of course), or paladins/dks/warriors and all rolling on plate gear, especially as you can fill all 5 slots with plate-wearers.

Most of the time, you'll win against the person needing against you for your MS. The times you don't, you tend to rage (I'm speaking in general, not to you) and remember those above all the times you've lost, but in the grand scheme of things it's not really a big deal.

I do like the people that are kind enough to let you know that they'd like to roll on gear for their offspec, of course. I also regularly do dungeons on toons that need no gear for VP or for the fun of it and I like that by doing so I can allow someone else to get gear for their offspec because I sure don't need it.

Had the str boe 471 neck drop in a 5 man heroic. This monk needed and insta left the dungeon. Really cool how he needed it so it became soulbound, wasting it. Making it bop vendor trash. Insted of greeding like the rest of us. i was there with my rogue so i couldnt need on it myself. But my dk really needed that neck. Was gearing it up for lfr