Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Worgen are immune to "undeath" in the weak, valkyr-enabled methods the Forsaken use. All non-humans are immune to that as well. The Lich Kings necromancy is far stronger than the Forsaken's. It was able to raise any race into undeath and turn any race into a ghoul as well. He could even raise dragons with it. Orders of magnitude stronger.
    Yes, I know the Val'kyr can only raise humans as undead, but the worgen curse also grants immunity to undeath.

Anyways, here's what he captured worgen you talk to in the Death Knight starting zone tells you:

Come to finish the job, have you?
    You'll look me in the eyes when...
    <Name>?
    <Name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, <name>?
    You don't remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep.
    Without you I would have died. YOU! The most noble worgen I ever knew.
    What have they done to you, <name>? How could this have happened?
    Remember the worgen you once were, <brother/sister>! You were our savior! Fight this!
    Listen to me, <name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
    Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <name>?
    There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <Name>... Remember Gilneas, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
    Do it, <name>! Put me out of my misery!
    This reveals that the player worgen Death Knight and the captured worgen were servants of Arugal in Shadowfang Keep. These worgen aren't immune to undeath, unlike Gilnean ones who were afflicted by the Worgen Curse, but if I remember correctly the worgen in SFK were night elves not human and aren't able to shift back to humanoid form. At the end the captured worgen tells you to "Remember Gilneas", which I don't get at all. Is he from Shadowfang Keep or Gilneas? There must be something I miss here.

Even if this made sense, Worgen Death Knight would still be a bad combo as the chance of a worgen escaping form SFK is already minuscule. How many could have escaped, got killed AND raised as Death Knights by the Lich King?
    Last edited by HowlingMoon; 2013-01-28 at 08:58 PM.
    | Signature by Khallie |

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yep, I am one of "them". I could say the exact same for everyone else who does otherwise. Its only a matter of opinion, who can deny that Blood Elves, Undead and Draenei females are the only decent looking models in game?
    I can deny that pretty easy. But as you said, opinion. I, for one, think that Blood Elf males are god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Because Shamans are supposed to be intune with nature, have a connection with the elements thats deeper than a mere contract, and revere their ancestors and nature spirits. Goblins destroy nature, would sell their dead for profit and only revere gold.
    Orcs also destroy the nature by cutting the forests, and they're still the greatest shamans of Azeroth.
    Shaman =/= droods, they aren't intune with nature but with the elements and their plans.

Night elf death knight.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    undead monk , seriously how do they not fall in pieces?
    The necromantic magic that keeps them alive, most likely.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-01-28 at 09:37 PM.

Given the reading most people go with these:

-Tauren Paladins / Priest
    -Gnomes... Anything
    -Goblin Shamans
    -Night Elf Mages
    -Undead Monks

Rest are just evenly spread out.

My opinion:
    The following males: Dwarf/Orc/Tauren/Draenei Mages/Priests/Warlocks (Cloth gear meaning robes and skirts). They're muscular and savage, don't fit the caster type for me.

Second: Gnome Warriors/Monks, Tauren Monks. Too small/big for that role.

Draenei DK

These threads are always so insightful and breed nothing but positivity in the community. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yep, I am one of "them". I could say the exact same for everyone else who does otherwise. Its only a matter of opinion, who can deny that Blood Elves, Undead and Draenei females are the only decent looking models in game?
    I like night elves but I'm kinda old school like that....also fem goblins >.<

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    ^Only non-kaldorei are those classes that couldn't be kaldorei (i'm going to assume the mage is made pre-cata...or is Kaldorei, can't tell from picture)
    These are my class icons from end of wrath...mage is forsaken, druid has been both tauren and night elf. Warrior is an orc. Paladin was originally human, then draenei, and is now....a blood elf. Haha.

She's the worst kind of blood elf too, a slutmog belf. *shame

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/...yn/Saryia2.png

I don't mind belfs on their own, there's just so many of them.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-01-28 at 10:53 PM.

Dwarf anything. But hunter especially.

i really dislike hunters.
    A typical raid leader command would be something like "Yo Scrub, why don't you YOLO 1337 yards to the left because the boss's Swag is about to hit us in 3 seconds".
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.
    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

Gnome anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

Gnome anything

Tauren Priest.

Safari Type: Bug. Friend Code: 5043-2200-3518.

Human/night male anything, dranei male cloth users.

most of you are going by lore and not game play itself

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    most of you are going by lore and not game play itself
    Valid enough reason, certain race/class combos just don't make sense from a lore perspective.

Class: X
    Race: Gnome

Although..
    Class: Mage
    Race: Nelf

Pandaren: Everything.

Night Elf Mages

Troll Druids

Tauren Paladins / preist

Worgen: Everything.

Orc mage. Uninspired ("The Forsaken taught us; shut up and move along") and... random, I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Orc mage. Uninspired ("The Forsaken taught us; shut up and move along") and... random, I suppose?
    I think its about them revising arcane arts from the past, the Gul'dan days, nothing more or less than that.

Man, I have a 3 way tie, Tauren paladin, Goblin Shaman, and Bloodelf DK. Every DK I see is a bloodelf, I don't understand. I hate the fact that goblin shamans have dumb mechanical totems. Shaman is a element/nature class, they shouldn't have mechanical stuff implemented in there.