Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Legion's return

Now, many people speculate that the Legion will come back again next expac. It might even take one more expansion but the Legion definitely is on the move once again.

My question is, what's their plan this time? As we all know, there were a corrupted/tricked/possibly only power hungry Azshara, the Orcs, the Scourge and obviously the Burning Crusade. Will they even try to invade Azeroth this time or are we going to beat them on Argus for example? Have they something like the Scourge still up their sleeves? Once more someone along the lines of Azshara?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their plan is simple, overrun Azeroth by force of numbers.

Since their expansion would be set on Argus, we may even get the jump on them.

My personal theory is they will start by attacking Outland, justifying new races and Demon Hunter, plus giving an excuse to revamp the old questlines there.

Blades Edge and Netherstorm become 90-92 zones, with Argus then being 92-100.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't think we will go to Argus seems like a suicide mission with 0% of succes. And since the scourge was the plan of Archimonde (i think) the best guess would be they plan to pull another Azshara. Maybe even Azshara herself will be the one who brings them to azeroth who knows difficult to tell at this point in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Their plan is simple, overrun Azeroth by force of numbers.

Since their expansion would be set on Argus, we may even get the jump on them.

My personal theory is they will start by attacking Outland, justifying new races and Demon Hunter, plus giving an excuse to revamp the old questlines there.

Blades Edge and Netherstorm become 90-92 zones, with Argus then being 92-100.
    You might be right, but I don't think it will be completely set on Argus (end game/leveling wise). Maybe they will even pull a big content patch with our Assault on Argus but we fail or only do some minor damage and then a seperate Argus expansion. Outland revamp sounds nice to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasus View Post
    I don't think we will go to Argus seems like a suicide mission with 0% of succes. And since the scourge was the plan of Archimonde (i think) the best guess would be they plan to pull another Azshara. Maybe even Azshara herself will be the one who brings them to azeroth who knows difficult to tell at this point in time.
    Sounds about right. The Scourge was Kil'Jaeden's project though, at least he was the one to torture Ner'Zhul's soul and bind it to a block of ice (more precisely: to armor and a blade forged by the Nathrezim, who were also Kil'Jaeden's project), then shoot him to Azeroth and align the Nathrezim with guarding him and letting Kil'Jaeden's plans come to fruition. Still, it was Archimonde who went to conquer Azeroth.

Considering their previous defeats it seems likely they'll leave nothing to chance and just go for an all-out invasion this time. No schemes, no attempts at corruption or manipulation, just brute force.

Rather then them having the scourge up their sleeves, what if we now have it? I have a very hard time imagining KJ, if forming plans to invade Azeroth again, would not consider the Lich King as an enemy or a target. He did try to kill the Lich King and everything in TFT because he was afraid he was getting out of control. Obviously he knows if he tries to invade Azeroth the Lich King is going to oppose him. Let's get Bolvar to send all the undead through a portal to Argus, we'll follow up behind with entirety of the horde and alliance forces and have a grand ole time kicking some legion ass since the horde of undead might even out the numbers a bit. Doubt it would happen though, but I like to hope, how epic of a fight would that be?
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-01-28 at 05:53 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Rather then them having the scourge up their sleeves, what if we now have it? I have a very hard time imagining KJ, if forming plans to invade Azeroth again, would not consider the Lich King as an enemy or a target. He did try to kill the Lich King and everything in TFT because he was afraid he was getting out of control. Obviously he knows if he tries to invade Azeroth the Lich King is going to oppose him. Let's get Bolvar to send all the undead through a portal to Argus, we'll follow up behind with entirety of the horde and alliance forces and have a grand ole time kicking some legion ass since the horde of undead might even out the numbers a bit. Doubt it would happen though, but I like to hope, how epic of a fight would that be?
    I meant something like the Scourge as in different along the lines, but not THE Scourge. But yeah, us lining up with Bolvar would be too awesome.

Deleted
    We can't forget Azshara and N'zoth. Unless blizz can force those two plus legion invasion into one xpack, i'd say we're looking at 6.0 being old god themed and 7.0 legion invasion.
    Having Bolvar and the Scourge fighting alongside us is a cool idea. Blizz left that part of lore open ended, we don't know if Ner'zhul conciousness will take over Bolvar or perhaps he'll be able to resist it. Either way blizz has options with LK, lets see what they come up with.
    Last edited by mmocc3ed71bf3e; 2013-01-28 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect anything with sargeras for the next 3 expansions, it is way to soon.

expect emerald dream or something, Blizzard won't go straight to sargeras, maybe we see him or something or burning legion, but killing sargeras already? Nope, that aint happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    You might be right, but I don't think it will be completely set on Argus (end game/leveling wise). Maybe they will even pull a big content patch with our Assault on Argus but we fail or only do some minor damage and then a seperate Argus expansion. Outland revamp sounds nice to me though.

Sounds about right. The Scourge was Kil'Jaeden's project though, at least he was the one to torture Ner'Zhul's soul and bind it to a block of ice (more precisely: to armor and a blade forged by the Nathrezim, who were also Kil'Jaeden's project), then shoot him to Azeroth and align the Nathrezim with guarding him and letting Kil'Jaeden's plans come to fruition. Still, it was Archimonde who went to conquer Azeroth.
    I feel any time someone calls it an Outland Revamp I have to preface my belief.

Unlike Cata, where the old world was rebuilt from the ground up. Mountains changed, whole new zones, New tree layouts, New buildings. This revamp would not touch the land in Outland. It would exclusively touch mobs and quests so the experience makes sense.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    Don't expect anything with sargeras for the next 3 expansions, it is way to soon.

expect emerald dream or something, Blizzard won't go straight to sargeras, maybe we see him or something or burning legion, but killing sargeras already? Nope, that aint happening.
    It'll never happen. He dies, Warcraft dies. Not just WoW, the whole series.

Deleted
    You've said WoW cannot support an infinite number of classes.With DK and now Monks added will we ever see a Demon Hunter class
    Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior? (Source)
    - From Todays Tweets.

Sounds like Demon Hunter might be a thing that might not happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasus View Post
    Doesn't seem likely, at all. Don't forget that Azshara's life was spared by the Old Gods and in turn she allied herself and her Naga with them.

She has no more connection to the Burning Legion. Just like the Scourge giving the Burning Legion the finger, so too has Azshara and the Naga.
    At best, she could pretend to be allied with them for old time's sake just to backstab them. But I don't think that's very likely, she'll probably stay 100% loyal to the Old Gods and/or her own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Their plan is simple, overrun Azeroth by force of numbers. Since their expansion would be set on Argus, we may even get the jump on them. My personal theory is they will start by attacking Outland, justifying new races and Demon Hunter, plus giving an excuse to revamp the old questlines there. Blades Edge and Netherstorm become 90-92 zones, with Argus then being 92-100.
    I theorized something very similar to this last year... I think that the next two expansions will involve the Legion. First one will see us venturing out to other planets to stop the Legion's advancements, using the deactivated portals on Outland to get to places like Argus and other demon worlds where we'll find Turalyon and Alleria. The next will see us form the Army of the Light and take the fight to the Burning Legion itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I theorized something very similar to this last year... I think that the next two expansions will involve the Legion. First one will see us venturing out to other planets to stop the Legion's advancements, using the deactivated portals on Outland to get to places like Argus and other demon worlds where we'll find Turalyon and Alleria. The next will see us form the Army of the Light and take the fight to the Burning Legion itself.
    2 Expansions in a row with the same theme might get dull. Sure, different planets and enviroments might be cool and all that, but twice in a row the same type of enemies? Also, MoP's idea of no major villain for once wasnt really an idea that was embraced enthousiastically by the majority it seems, so they'd have to set up a major legion villain for both xpacs me thinks (eventually they did drop hints of Garrosh being the final boss of MoP, prolly to please the people).

Deleted
    It's too early for the Legion expac, especially if the vision from Wrathion comes true and they are going to invade Azeroth.

My bet still is on Azshara & N'Zoth as the baddies in the next expac, fllowed by some portal thing from Azshara in her last attempt to bring the Legion to Azeroth. Then in the expansion after that we face the invasion, drive it back and go after them to Ag´rgus, incl. Alleria & Turalyon and us forming the Army of the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    - From Todays Tweets.

Was that Ghostcrawler? He's said on his account he dislikes flying mounts, but we will never see them removed.

As for if there's design space, yes there is. Warlock isn't using metamorphosis to its full potential so long as it cannot tank. They also aren't using immolation aura. Mana burn was removed, evasion isn't a cool ability. Warrior is nothing like a Demon Hunter, as we all agree they'd melee more like a DK. And don't forget the idea of giving then a ranged spec so hunter isn't the only ranged class.

2 Expansions in a row with the same theme might get dull. Sure, different planets and enviroments might be cool and all that, but twice in a row the same type of enemies? Also, MoP's idea of no major villain for once wasnt really an idea that was embraced enthousiastically by the majority it seems, so they'd have to set up a major legion villain for both xpacs me thinks (eventually they did drop hints of Garrosh being the final boss of MoP, prolly to please the people).
    I didn't say there was no major lore villain.

Azshara could be the major villain for the first one and Sargeras (or one of his remaining lieutenants) for the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    You act like Bolvar is still working with the Alliance. He's not. The Alliance has a history of abandoning their people if they become abominations. When Bolvar's secret is revealed, the Alliance likely won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Considering their previous defeats it seems likely they'll leave nothing to chance and just go for an all-out invasion this time. No schemes, no attempts at corruption or manipulation, just brute force.
    Like they did during the War of the Ancients? When they had a lot more muscle to bring the the fight and were fighting fewer enemies and still lost?

10+ Year Old Account
    - From Todays Tweets.

I dunno dude, sounds more like misdirection. Just like when they were asked about the MoP rumors, they avoided a direct answer and instead gave an answer that would lower people's hopes, but not downright declining it.

I still doubt we'll have demon hunters, but they're leaving it open enough and not giving direct answers so that they can't be accused of saying they wouldn't do demon hunters, so it's still a possibility, despite me believing they won't do it.

I'm of the opinion that we'll be having a Legion expansion soon, but I STRONGLY doubt we'll be dealing with Sargeras. Probably putting down Kil'jaeden, maybe even another avatar of Sargeras. But not Sargeras himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.