Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gquit and name change question

Ok, so long story short, I wanna quit my guild, and not have to worry about being bugged by any of them in it, so I was gonna gquit, then change my name. Does anyone know if that changes the guild log to my new name, like it does for the friends list? So, if my name's bob, and I change it to george, will it say bob left the guild, george left the guild, or unknown left the guild? Thanks for your help.

Yes they will see your new name no matter what. In fact it pretty easy to track down anyone in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Server transfer + name change. If you stay on the same server, you'll easily be tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I'm not trying to avoid people enough to server transfer. :-) I was just wondering about the guild log is all. Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by johnner View Post
    I'm not trying to avoid people enough to server transfer. :-) I was just wondering about the guild log is all. Thanks for the replies.
    If any of them have your on their friend's list, it'll automatically update with your new name. Either way, quitting a guild isn't worth the 15 dollars (Or whatever the price is. it's still not worth it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Name changing won't do anything, if they want to find you they will.
    Hi Sephurik

Why do you want to hide from them? Just curious....

Deleted
    Also, if any of them have you on their friends list, your name will change on there. There really is no hiding without server transferring.

Alternatively, own your actions. If you're ashamed of it enough to not want to talk about it, don't do it.

Good code to live your life by.

Gquit in the middle of the night and just ignore any whispers or mails from them and pretty soon they'll forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Of course, in any case the guild can still contact Blizzard and ask what happened to your character.
    Which is information blizzard aint allowed to give out

Deleted
    Don't waste the money on a name change, wow progress will link your new name to the old one, its so easy for someone to find you its just not worth even trying.

Easier way to do it would be to tell them(not in wow chat) that your giving your account to a family member so it wont be you playing anymore and they will leave you alone.

Yeah, I knew about the friends list thing, and I Didn't do anything, it's just one of the officers is, awkward I guess. I don't really know how to describe it. Thanks for the tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    A guildie quit and transfered, not exactly the case here, however it says his name in the guild log still, even though if you tried to, for example, add a char named that to friends list, it says character does not exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think if you delete your character you'll lose all guild relationships altogether and you'll leave no information in the the guild log as you never actually left the guild. Then wait a day or two for Blizzard to restore you character and then change your name (use paid service) if you want to.

Of course, in any case the guild can still contact Blizzard and ask what happened to your character.
    This is a bit extreme, also Blizzard shouldn't be able to give out that information. Since it is not their character ;p

Deleted
    Server transfer away while keeping the old name and then transfer back 3 days later while changing the name. It will reset your character ID, becoming untrackable to anyone who doesn't have your battle tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be, but what about in the case if someone does this to steal something from the guild? Probably they'll just restore what was stolen and leave it there..
    Anything the guild permissions allow a person to take from the guild bank, they are free to take. Blizzard won't restore these items unless an account was compromised.

If someone cleans out your guild bank then leaves, too bad. You shouldn't have given them that kind of access.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a lot cheaper to just tell them that your goals no longer coincide with theirs and that you don't want to be a part of the guild anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    its a lot cheaper to just tell them that your goals no longer coincide with theirs and that you don't want to be a part of the guild anymore
    Great advice.

Also, they don't care nearly as much about you as you think they do.
    Bigger than Life.

lol.. Dude... just put together alittle speach and tell them all, your not happy so you are going to find another guild. and then go.. most of the time people are pretty positive when you tell them your gonna leave. Theres alot to be said for doing things the right way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    Also, if any of them have you on their friends list, your name will change on there. There really is no hiding without server transferring.

Alternatively, own your actions. If you're ashamed of it enough to not want to talk about it, don't do it.

Good code to live your life by.
    Actually WoWProgress for example updates no matter where you're transferring to, unless you make an account, verify the characters and choose to hide them from the list.
    But anyway, it's just pixels in a virtual environment, you can just ignore everyone if you wish.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-01-28 at 08:24 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.