Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    This is a bit extreme, also Blizzard shouldn't be able to give out that information. Since it is not their character ;p
    you should really read the ToS... Blizzard says in plain english that the characters are infact there property, you pay for the right to "use" that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If they want to find you they will.
    Pretty much this. You have to not care that they do find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    its a lot cheaper to just tell them that your goals no longer coincide with theirs and that you don't want to be a part of the guild anymore
    And, if "one of the officers is, awkward I guess", put that person on your ignore list. If that person continues to hound you for whatever reason, report them for harassment and move on.

There's no reason to go changing names and such.

so much thought and effort put into passive aggressively cutting ties with a guild. The only reason someone would go through any effort to track you down would be if you looted the guild bank or they're your friend. Either way going through the hassle of all this says a lot about someones social faults. If you don't have the assertiveness to politely leave a guild, how are you going to get on in real life situations?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Which is information blizzard aint allowed to give out
    This is correct. We are not at liberty to discuss anyone's account with anyone other than the registered account holder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Server transfer + name change. If you stay on the same server, you'll easily be tracked.
    You can still be tracked if you move servers, and change your name now. Wowtrack will show all of the names on that character. And transfers. I think it's a little weird that they can do that, but they can.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Do whatever you want man, it's a game, if they grief you which they shouldn't since it's not a big deal like you said, tell them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    its a lot cheaper to just tell them that your goals no longer coincide with theirs and that you don't want to be a part of the guild anymore
    pretty much this why waste 10 bucks, when you can you don't wanna be in the guild if you get bugged after.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if you name change and/or change servers. Thanks to the wonders of the armory they'll be able to find you if they want to. Blizzard don't want players to have privacy in their game!

Anyone with minimal stalking experience in Wow can find your new name and new server easy with shared achivments. on wowhead anyone can go to one of your alts and find out your main in less then 10 sec

And if you plan on not ending your raiding history make sure you leave your guild on good or at least semi-good terms so if your new guild wants a referral from old guild you are not fucked
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-02-05 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    And if you plan on not ending your raiding history make sure you leave your guild on good or at least semi-good terms so if your new guild wants a referral from old guild you are not fucked
    As much of a friendly warning as this sounds (that reputation that has to be maintained), I've found in practice this statement is really... unneeded.

If you're clearly in bad terms with your guild, most guilds will realize that it may not be your fault, particularly if you explain the situation. I would wager (though I've never been in this position) that recruitment officers, and other guild officers/members, realize that most people try to avoid leaving guilds they are on really good terms with (unless for instance, they just can't make the schedule).

I really have to question guilds that specifically require a positive referral from your last GM. I think most guilds realize that a big reason you may be leaving a guild on bad terms is because the guild is the one causing problems for you, and not you causing problems for the guild.

Even people who *actually* are the guild problems I've seen still find new guilds (even if they don't last long there), just because you can always paint the situation in the former way. Not that I would recommend doing that, if only because it's not a positive experience for you nor others.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-02-05 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    You will be tagged "unknown" in guild log.

Deleted
    just send a mail to gleader or anyone high in rank in guild and tell him that you are quitting the guild and don't want to be bothered by anyone.

Deleted
    Just ignore anyone that bothers you and gquit. Waste of money to namechange just to leave your guild.

Deleted
    God forbid anybody in WoW ever takes some responsibility and actually says something instead of just leaving like some sort of coward.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    God forbid anybody in WoW ever takes some responsibility and actually says something instead of just leaving like some sort of coward.
    The idea is that you don't want people to haggle you after you say you are leaving, especially if it's bad terms. In that case (if you're leaving with "prejudice") you're just drawing attention to yourself by making a big announcement. Telling someone in advance you are leaving I find doesn't serve much of a purpose - you're not going to be the same in the guild after. At best, you'll be in "lame duck" status for the remainder of your days. You will have people bothering you about really why you are leaving, you'll have people try to convince you to stay, and perhaps others will badmouth you. At an absolute worst, you'll just get kicked anyway, people will start talking shit about you to other guilds, and you'll just get hate.

That said, any notification - maybe a mail to the GM, or a post on the guild, is probably worth it in the long term if you transfer. Just I find "pre-notification" unnecessary, unless you're leaving because of schedule or something. But if you were, you wouldn't be asking why you can ninja-transfer on the MMO-champ forums.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-02-05 at 11:43 AM.

Just tell the GM or an officer that you want to leave as said before: your goals aren't the same as the goals of the guild anymore (or never were).
    That is the most honest answer you can give. And if they want to know what goals you exactly have, tell them that it is not their business and wish them well. Then you /gquit.

Then again if you are a longstanding member of a guild for several years, as a former GM I would like to know exactly what happend (if it isn't obvious) and I am sure that you would tell the whole story then. it is the most fair for everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnner View Post
    I'm not trying to avoid people enough to server transfer. :-) I was just wondering about the guild log is all. Thanks for the replies.
    Unfortunately, your new name will appear in the guild log instead of your old.

You're willing to pay cash to not be bugged by some dudes on the internet?

How about putting them on ignore or something.

Deleted
    They will search the name of one of yur alts on wowprogress and that site will track the new name and realm of your main.