Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series - Douglas Adams. Much much funnier than the recent movie or the BBC tv series.
    2001, 2010, 2061, 3001. - Arther C Clark. The master of the genre. Highly recommended

The Kingkiller Chronicles, first book is The Name of the Wind. Patrick Rothfuss.

- Deathgate Cycle from Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
    - Riftwar Saga (and following saga's) from Raymond E. Feist.
    - Dragonlance Chronicles from Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman (again)
    - Saga of Recluce from L. E. Modesitt
    - Warbreaker from Brandon Sanderson
    - Elantris from Brandon Sanderson

Should give you something :P
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Wheel of Time as other have already mentioned. The Sword of Truth series is great,
    Nope.
    first book of that is Wizard's First Rule. Also, look into the Way of Kings by Robert Jordan.
    What the hell did you just write? Robert Jordan certainly isn't the author of Way of Kings.
    Only the first one is out so far, but the second one comes out Fall 2013 I believe.
    I'm absolutely confused why people are listing all these fantasy and sci-fi series when the stuff listed in the OP is pretty much all Urban Fantasy.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2013-02-01 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Nope. What the hell did you just write? Robert Jordan certainly isn't the author of Way of Kings.
    I got the authors confused. Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. He guest wrote some of the Wheel of Time books when Jordan died(though I haven't gotten to that point, only on book four of WoT).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Wheel of Time as other have already mentioned. The Sword of Truth series is great, first book of that is Wizard's First Rule. Also, look into the Way of Kings by Robert Jordan. Only the first one is out so far, but the second one comes out Fall 2013 I believe.
    pretty sure Robert Jordan won't be releasing ANY more books..

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:08 AM ----------

Nope. What the hell did you just write? Robert Jordan certainly isn't the author of Way of Kings.

I'm absolutely confused why people are listing all these fantasy and sci-fi series when the stuff listed in the OP is pretty much all Urban Fantasy.
    [Books] Looking for sci-fi/fantasy recommendations

thats the thread title.
    hes looking for Sci-Fi and Fantasy series. everything listed certaintly fits that profile. just because all hes read so far is urban fantasy does not mean hes not looking to expand what he reads.
    if no one ever expanded upon what they read wed all be reading Dr Suess until the day we died.

and your awfully antagonistical. say what you want about you not likeing SoT/WoT (I agree with you on SoT not being that great) but the fan base for Wheel of Time is huge, the reviews for the books are normally great, and the series has had a lot of books become best sellers.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-02-01 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post

thats the thread title.
    hes looking for Sci-Fi and Fantasy series. everything listed certaintly fits that profile. just because all hes read so far is urban fantasy does not mean hes not looking to expand what he reads.
    if no one ever expanded upon what they read wed all be reading Dr Suess until the day we died.

and your awfully antagonistical. say what you want about you not likeing SoT/WoT (I agree with you on SoT not being that great) but the fan base for Wheel of Time is huge, the reviews for the books are normally great, and the series has had a lot of books become best sellers.
    I didn't say a thing about WoT in this thread. I said I'm pretty damn sure Robert Jordan didn't write The Way of Kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say a thing about WoT in this thread. I said I'm pretty damn sure Robert Jordan didn't write The Way of Kings.
    sorry from
    Nope.
    that quote right there i thought you were saying nope to the wheel of time reccomendation.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    pretty sure Robert Jordan won't be releasing ANY more books..

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:08 AM ----------

thats the thread title.

Pretty much this. he came in asking in the thread title for sci-fi fantasy. That means maybe he wanted sci-fi. hell one of the series was military sci-fi.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

A Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin is one of the best if not the best Fantasy series of all time IMO. The first and second books have been made into HBO adaptations called "Game of Thrones"

My favorite Sci fi books

"Neuromancer" av William Gibson (stor insperationskälla till bla Deus Ex)
    "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheeps?" av Philip K. Dick (Blade Runner)
    "Snow Crash" av Neal Stephenson
    "Ender's Game" av Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    Based on the books you listed, The Chronicles of Amber series by Roger Zelazny might be right up your alley.

Deleted
    Arthur C. Clarkes - The Songs of Distant Earth.

A book that also has album full of music made to by Mike Oldfield. Bjuuuutifuul stuff!