Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Seemed to me that its not that it has to be a combo finisher but that the finisher has to kill the mob. That or there is some hidden progress im unaware of cuz i saw tones of combo notices going off but even when they did i didnt get any progress.
    I managed to do it in 10/15 min of zerging Orr events with 5+ players, seemed to be totally random tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Tbh, I really don't like the combo system, never have. I don't actively use it and if I happen to get one by accident then, yay, I guess. I'm probably gimping myself, but meh. I hit stuff, it dies, I'm happy.

I have five 80s and I admit I don't know what a combo finisher is (or maybe I do and just don't know it), so rack me up with the other baddies. :P
    I really like the idea of it. It should provide team work. But it needs to be fleshed out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Seemed to me that its not that it has to be a combo finisher but that the finisher has to kill the mob.
    I don't think so. I had the most reliable success for progressing on the achievement when fighting champion mobs, even if I wasn't using a finisher or combo field during the last few seconds of the event.

Are the refugees from Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau not active yet? I was just roaming around Wayfarer and didn't really see anything different, and map chat was filled with people asking about the refugees too with no one having come across them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Are the refugees from Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau not active yet? I was just roaming around Wayfarer and didn't really see anything different, and map chat was filled with people asking about the refugees too with no one having come across them.
    Don't think they are tbh, haven't found them either.

I got exactly 0/10 combos completed after doing a ton of events in orr and doing arah story. It's broken, period. I also have 1000/1000 "Teamwork Gets it Done" so I know I CAN combo.

Grenths is broken, just oneshots everybody.

In Arah everyone was falling through the floor and dying

Can't see mobs in PvE because it seems they turned pve culling way up.

Having a really hard time selling anything BLTC is giving errors right and left, left and right.

Lets see what other broken things I can find! Wouldn't be an Arenanet patch without breaking more than they fix!
    Last edited by Rukh; 2013-01-29 at 12:41 AM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

they removed the combo-killer achievement from the weekly rotation since it was obviously (for some professions impossible) not working as intended. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../3#post1311854

I'm really disappointed of two "changes":

from the update notes:
    Dynamic Leveling

• Attribute calculations for dynamic level scaling have been rebalanced. In general, this means weaker when adjusted down, stronger when adjusted up. Rewards when adjusted down have been increased to compensate. It is now possible to receive your own level of loot from any level of enemy.
    + they told us that they reworked creature-skills...

-) and then as a lv.80 I still 2-hit any lv.4-10 mob and defeat veterans without any problem. (is this working at all?)
    -) and then I can stand still in front of tequatl and spam GS Skill 1 (Mesmer) without being hurt, occasionally feared but no resistance at all.

Make the whole world more interesting by making it more challenging, please.

positives though:

+ better loot from mobs (not sure about veterans/champions)
    + nice achievement UI
    + Orr Map shows temples/statues as contested or not + effects
    + Laurels and the stuff you can buy with it
    + Minis from PvE stuff (in the Orr Karma-Boxes)
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-01-29 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can any1 clarify me what Ascended gear exists?
    Is it only rings and amulets?
    Also is it true it costs 35 Laurels for most of it? ( /wrist)

rings, amulet and backpiece

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    rings, amulet and backpiece
    Can all those be purchased with Laurels =/?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Can all those be purchased with Laurels =/?
    amulet is the only one with laurels at the moment.

Back piece and rings are from fotm. Back piece you buy with currency you get there then upgrade it in the mystic forge if you want an infusion slot I believe.

Really the stat differnce is minimal at best and you really only want rings because they have agony resist (which only works in fotm only).

Anet plans to spread ascended gear across other things. Like next they will put earrings in a new jumping puzzle as an example.

IMHO if it doesn't look cool it's not worth the money or effort to go above green level gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    amulet is the only one with laurels at the moment.

Back piece and rings are from fotm. Back piece you buy with currency you get there then upgrade it in the mystic forge if you want an infusion slot I believe.

Really the stat differnce is minimal at best and you really only want rings because they have agony resist (which only works in fotm only).

Anet plans to spread ascended gear across other things. Like next they will put earrings in a new jumping puzzle as an example.

IMHO if it doesn't look cool it's not worth the money or effort to go above green level gear.
    Not really interested in dungeons myself, i have exotic in all other slots though, except the Backpiece i think? only have a green one. If 1 ascended item costs one month of dailies , ill just politely say fuck that and buy the pets or the boxes with gear that i can sell.

Not really interested in dungeons myself, i have exotic in all other slots though, except the Backpiece i think? only have a green one. If 1 ascended item costs one month of dailies , ill just politely say fuck that and buy the pets or the boxes with gear that i can sell.
    It's just a reward for logging in and doing what people commonly do on a daily basis. Not something to grind out, nothing in that laurel vendor is game breakingly *i gotta have this* unless its choncy von snuffles III.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a reward for logging in and doing what people commonly do on a daily basis. Not something to grind out, nothing in that laurel vendor is game breakingly *i gotta have this* unless its choncy von snuffles III.
    Eh, i guess you're right, still abit irked that Ascended things cost that much though, was really hoping they (the laurels) could be reliably used to get those items in a decent timeframe. A-net also claims you can buy rings with them besides amulets, according to a post on their website. And some forum posters say you can also buy infusions like 30%money, magic find etc.

there is a tab with rings for laurels too. Not sure if there is one for backbacks too.

Anyone know what the "tradeskill starter pack" stuff is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    there is a tab with rings for laurels too. Not sure if there is one for backbacks too.
    Is this on the Laurel vendor or on the Fractal one Maarius?

Is this on the Laurel vendor or on the Fractal one Maarius?
    laurel vendor, he has a lot tabs

10+ Year Old Account
    I somehow seem to have missed this. I'm so blind <_<. Still my concern remains. 35 Laurels for one item =/? talk about grind. Eh.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-01-29 at 02:36 AM.

I somehow seem to have missed this. I'm so blind <_<. Still my concern remains. 35 Laurels for one item =/? talk about grind. Eh.
    You can get 2 laurals a day, one from pvp and another pve dailies, not to mention the 10 you get for your monthly. The new way of earning ascended items is not to make it easier to obtain them outside of fractals but give you another way to earn them. Also these ones you get to choose what item you want while the fractal ones that drop are random. So random items should be easier to get time wise than specific items that are the same as the random items.