Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Vaughn
    We're still tuning the downscaling, but didn't want to make things immediately difficult. What level are you downscaled to, vs. the level of the creatures you're fighting? One issue we found is that many areas in the starter zones are scaling you down, but you're still 2+ levels higher than the creatures, which is making them rather trivial to deal with.
    (Source)

On the other hand, anybody have any actual idea what the heck the "2 Warrior Gear" boxes are? Like yes, random rares/exotics, but is it random skin as well?

What makes it a warrior gear and not a guardian gear?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Too bad about the problems some are having with the combo daily. I didn't get that for my daily. The new ones I got were Daily Healer (Revive 10 Allies) and Daily Dodger (Dodge 15 attacks). Of course, in Wayfarer Foothills, me and the rest just rezzed each other as we jumped off of a Sons of Svanir tower and then sat and dodged ice ballistas until that achievement was done.

I got that daily combo after the reset, carnifex. I think they said the combo killer would be taken out of the rotation for now.

For the healer part, I just found a bunch of dead npcs in orr and got that part done quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Has any1 found a Laurel vendor that actually has the Ascended gear and infusions in it? A-net just posted something on their website, claiming these are being sold for Laurels , yet i tried too (Charr city and LA) and neither sell them. Unless its inside those boxes. Which is weird cause it says its Rare and Exotic items ranging from 78-80.
    Also haven't found any of the events?
    The Living Story content and events will start tomorrow at noon server time.

Anyone tried doing Grenth yet? Lol pretty brutal and awesome. Also Orr is finally what it should have been since launch. Still waiting on Events improvements there tho.

Overall is pretty awesome patch.

Edit: Lol @ Champion Abomi facerolling people really hardcore with his new charge skill.
    Last edited by Zilong; 2013-01-29 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Do you still get the karma jug and random fluff from the daily like before + 1 laurel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Targetter View Post
    Do you still get the karma jug and random fluff from the daily like before + 1 laurel?
    That is correct, you still do.

Most notable class changes: Engineers got their kits fixed (at last!), Guardians got the Spirit Weapons butchered

The list is massive! cannot wait to check it out when i get home. Was busy rooting my Archos gamepad and totally forgot about the updates.
    Last edited by androidftw; 2013-01-29 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Archos gamepad , not tablet

Deleted
    You can get 2 laurals a day, one from pvp and another pve dailies, not to mention the 10 you get for your monthly.
    for pvp you get no laurels

Anyone enlighten me on the new story? I can't seem to find it or where to to go. (feeling stupid)

Edit: Nvm, didnt see the post above.
    Last edited by Exroyal; 2013-01-29 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    This actually sux. Alot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    This actually sux. Alot.
    Might it be since one cant get ascended in pvp otherwise either?

Anyhow, I really like what I have read about the patch. Tons of fixing loot, orr, polishing and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    I was under this impression too, hence why 1 laurel a day to get Ascended items is quite sad for people that dont want to do dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    (Source)

On the other hand, anybody have any actual idea what the heck the "2 Warrior Gear" boxes are? Like yes, random rares/exotics, but is it random skin as well?

What makes it a warrior gear and not a guardian gear?
    That's what I want to know as well, but I guess we will have to wait until someone gets enough laurels to buy them. Considering it only costs 5 laurels it may not be some new skin. I'm thinking though, what if it's 5 laurels for one piece of armour and it doesn't contain a whole set ? I have no idea if they have said anything about that, but if it contains only 1 piece of gear then we may see a new skin!

I'm hoping it's a new skin btw

10+ Year Old Account
    So the only way to get laurels is running dungeons, right?

I dislike the way this is going very much. It's against the 'Play the way you like'-concept, that was promised so long ago.
    Haven't set foot in a single dungeon and I hope I'll never do it, but all I'm reading in the map chat is 'LFG Fractals Lvl X'.

Whatever, I'll stick to my crafted / Karma-gear.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    So the only way to get laurels is running dungeons, right?

I dislike the way this is going very much. It's against the 'Play the way you like'-concept, that was promised so long ago.
    Haven't set foot in a single dungeon and I hope I'll never do it, but all I'm reading in the map chat is 'LFG Fractals Lvl X'.

Whatever, I'll stick to my crafted / Karma-gear.
    No you get one laurel for the daily and 10 laurels for doing your monthly. The monthly of course usually has dungeons so people who do the monthlies and dailies will of course get their laurels faster, while those who only do dailies will take much longer to accumulate laurels.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    No you get one laurel for the daily and 10 laurels for doing your monthly. The monthly of course usually has dungeons so people who do the monthlies and dailies will of course get their laurels faster, while those who only do dailies will take much longer to accumulate laurels.

Plus in a later patches dungeons will not always be there. There will be more variety and chose what you want to do for daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post

Oh really? Well if this is true, forget my nerdrage above. Didn't notice getting a laurel for the daily. Maybe because I finished it on a Lvl 10 Char, couldn't find more than 2 different types of enemies during several hours in Orr -_-
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Oh really? Well if this is true, forget my nerdrage above. Didn't notice getting a laurel for the daily. Maybe because I finished it on a Lvl 10 Char, couldn't find more than 2 different types of enemies during several hours in Orr -_-
    Yeah finding more enemy types in Orr can be quite difficult, I started there and then hopped to a different map since I'm trying to do map completion.