Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikazig View Post
    Yes today. They interrupted my Jormag event for this patch.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1326255
    Ah, thx didnt know that, cheers.

Necromancer
    Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.
    Mark of Evasion: This trait no longer enables players to break knockback effects.
    Necrotic Traversal: Fixed a bug which caused this skill’s descriptionto display an incorrect amount of poison damage.
    Spinal Shivers: Fixed a bug which caused this skill to enter its full cooldown if used when facing away from the target.

Sweet jesus raptor christ, STILL no proper minion fixes.

I wish ANet would get their head out of their asses and finally fix them. Stop making content and fix what's broken.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Necromancer
    Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.
    Mark of Evasion: This trait no longer enables players to break knockback effects.
    Necrotic Traversal: Fixed a bug which caused this skill’s descriptionto display an incorrect amount of poison damage.
    Spinal Shivers: Fixed a bug which caused this skill to enter its full cooldown if used when facing away from the target.

Sweet jesus raptor christ, STILL no proper minion fixes.

I wish ANet would get their head out of their asses and finally fix them. Stop making content and fix what's broken.
    take a number, your's isn't the only one which is broken and content is made by an entirely seperate team. They have only so and so many developers responsible for profession specific development.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    take a number, your's isn't the only one which is broken and content is made by an entirely seperate team. They have only so and so many developers responsible for profession specific development.
    Please don't comment on a profession you know nothing about. Necros have been in the worst shape of any profession (bug/gameplay-wise) in the game since launch, with a goddamn laundry list of issues painstakingly compiled by players by ANet's direction on their own forums, the vast majority of which have barely even been addressed let alone resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    No reason to go to Southsun Cove now. Another dead map.
    When was it ever not dead after the initial event?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-01-30 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Please don't comment on a profession you know nothing about. Necros have been in the worst shape of any profession (bug/gameplay-wise) in the game since launch, with a goddamn laundry list of issues painstakingly compiled by players by ANet's direction on their own forums, the vast majority of which have barely even been addressed let alone resolved.
    ask Rangers
    ask Mesmers
    ask Engineers

everybody feels this way, wheter it is the truth or not. And why is he thinking that the content-guys work on profession-balancing? We know how few people are working on balancing.

OH

you did NOT just go there girl.

In terms of order of brokenness:

Mesmers = necro
    Eng = ranger
    ele
    theif
    guardian
    warrior

Let's not turn this thread into a "My profession is in worse shape/more broken than yours!" argument guys. Those types of conversations are generally beyond pointless, and rarely lead to anything other than thread warnings, infractions and thread closures.

Thanks
    Property Management

Property Management
    This is.... new?

Anyone see any changes yet to the FF prelude events? They said it changes slightly over time

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    OH

you did NOT just go there girl.

In terms of order of brokenness:

Mesmers = necro
    Eng = ranger
    ele
    theif
    guardian
    warrior
    Hah, to be fair Mesmer is the only prof I don't have at 80 right now and I'll take your word that they're just as broken. However, they have portals, so by default are ranked behind Necros in brokenness

Though funny story, just went into Fractals a few days ago with a Necro/Mesmer/Mesmer/Engineer/Ranger team and it worked out surprisingly well. Take that ANet.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-01-30 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Though funny story, just went into Fractals a few days ago with a Necro/Mesmer/Mesmer/Engineer/Ranger team and it worked out surprisingly well. Take that ANet.
    of course it does, that's what I'm trying to say: everybody thinks of him as victim but in reality it works just fine, even though there are some things that need tweaking.

Nearly every class I've played that I felt sorely needed help were supposedly a "l2p" issue with the exception of mesmer, which as a PvEer feels weak as Hell no matter what I do. I may be adding engineer to their ranks soon though once I've gotten some more experience with it.

I recently resumed playing my necro and I think it does well enough. Necro's never been on my short list of broken classes. I'm not saying there isn't anything wrong with them, just that I don't notice it as much as with other classes.

I have no clue what's supposed to be wrong with ranger. It's second only to my warrior in terms of performance, IMO.

Thief I haven't played enough and guardian I ashamedly have barely touched since they nerfed GS. Last I heard most people were moving to hammers, which didn't particularly interest me.

Mesmers are broken?
    Aw man, I got two of them!

(Of course, I don't pvp/wv or do many dungeons, so... I guess I"m fine being broken.

I don't play my Mesmer much but when I do, she seems fine. When I do go into the WvW, it's actually my preferred class.

I've tried a few different mesmer builds, but ultimately I always feel like I do 1/5 of the damage of another class while having to expend 5x the effort. It's difficult not to feel gimp. I don't PvP though, which is apparently where they're largely favored.

I know my necro way outdpses my mesmer, which is why I can never wrap my head around mesmers being fine while necros are hopelessly broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Nearly every class I've played that I felt sorely needed help were supposedly a "l2p" issue with the exception of mesmer, which as a PvEer feels weak as Hell no matter what I do. I may be adding engineer to their ranks soon though once I've gotten some more experience with it.

I recently resumed playing my necro and I think it does well enough. Necro's never been on my short list of broken classes. I'm not saying there isn't anything wrong with them, just that I don't notice it as much as with other classes.

I have no clue what's supposed to be wrong with ranger. It's second only to my warrior in terms of performance, IMO.

Thief I haven't played enough and guardian I ashamedly have barely touched since they nerfed GS. Last I heard most people were moving to hammers, which didn't particularly interest me.
    I'm using a Rifle and Grenade type build for my engineer with gear that favors toughness and power the most and I've felt like I've been doing just fine with him. I do usually only solo stuff or join events with him though, so I don't know how well I would do in a more team based activity such as a dungeon.

One thing that I hope changes in February (with the daily achievement/laurel changes that went into effect), is that they take WvW kills off of the PVE MONTHLY ACHIEVEMENT! Why the hell am I forced to PvP in order to earn a PvE achievement? People aren't being forced to do PvE activities in order to get the PvP monthly achievement done. I mean wtf? I can somewhat understand why they put the WvW kills on the PvE monthly back before they introduced the PvP monthly, but now that there are two separate monthlies to complete, please remove the damn PvP kills from PvE. It annoys the hell out of me when I go to do the monthly every month and get everything done on it except for WvW kills. Cuz then I have to drag myself into WvW and join the LOL ZERG FEST in order to get it done. And it's made even more annoying when about the only time you see enemy invaders to kill is during sieges where they either run away before you can kill them, they hide on top of the walls, or they run through the portals before you can kill them....which makes the killing take forever. It took me about 4 hours the other night to get 50 kills. And I was playing as an ele, AoEing and tagging EVERYTHING that moved....and it still took me 4 hours to complete it. I dunno about you, but doing something for 4 hours that I don't really like doing really puts a damper on the game for me. And don't say,"If you don't like it, then don't do it." That's not the point. The point is I'm being forced to PvP in order to get my PvE monthly achievement done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    One thing that I hope changes in February (with the daily achievement/laurel changes that went into effect), is that they take WvW kills off of the PVE MONTHLY ACHIEVEMENT! Why the hell am I forced to PvP in order to earn a PvE achievement? People aren't being forced to do PvE activities in order to get the PvP monthly achievement done. I mean wtf? I can somewhat understand why they put the WvW kills on the PvE monthly back before they introduced the PvP monthly, but now that there are two separate monthlies to complete, please remove the damn PvP kills from PvE. It annoys the hell out of me when I go to do the monthly every month and get everything done on it except for WvW kills. Cuz then I have to drag myself into WvW and join the LOL ZERG FEST in order to get it done. And it's made even more annoying when about the only time you see enemy invaders to kill is during sieges where they either run away before you can kill them, they hide on top of the walls, or they run through the portals before you can kill them....which makes the killing take forever. It took me about 4 hours the other night to get 50 kills. And I was playing as an ele, AoEing and tagging EVERYTHING that moved....and it still took me 4 hours to complete it. I dunno about you, but doing something for 4 hours that I don't really like doing really puts a damper on the game for me. And don't say,"If you don't like it, then don't do it." That's not the point. The point is I'm being forced to PvP in order to get my PvE monthly achievement done.
    while I don't see why people won't love WvW where you participate with PvE gear and get all kinds of PvE-rewards (hell, I love WvW ^^) I agree that they should split the Achievements. I'd say they do this when they have enough to do in WvW, so those monthly WvW-achievement can be offered with a variety of activities (which at the moment isn't really possible imho).

so, as I mentioned not long ago, I'd love to see:

-) PvE-Monthly
    -) sPvP Monthly
    -) new WvW Monthly (when you have enough different things to do)
    -) new MiniGame Monthly (when they have those 30 Minigames in the game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I run the Jump puzzles in WvW everyday for a chance at a precursor. I have my kills loooong before the month ends.
    Valar morghulis

I still think the best idea is to treat the monthlies like the holiday event achievements. I got the Mad King Emissary and Apprentice Toymaker achievements without having to do anything I didn't want to do. There were plenty of choices depending on your play style.

The couple of times I've gone into WvW my experiences weren't good, but that could also be because apparently my server sucks. :P There just didn't seem to be any direction. Usually whatever groups I was with got overwhelmed. I tried to get some map completion done, but even that fell flat because there are apparently enough roaming groups of enemy players that you don't get very far. Plus, I really hate that your armor takes damage when you die. I'm just too used to PvP being a free pass when it comes to armor repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    while I don't see why people won't love WvW where you participate with PvE gear and get all kinds of PvE-rewards (hell, I love WvW ^^) I agree that they should split the Achievements. I'd say they do this when they have enough to do in WvW, so those monthly WvW-achievement can be offered with a variety of activities (which at the moment isn't really possible imho).

so, as I mentioned not long ago, I'd love to see:

-) PvE-Monthly
    -) sPvP Monthly
    -) new WvW Monthly (when you have enough different things to do)
    -) new MiniGame Monthly (when they have those 30 Minigames in the game)
    Honestly to me it feels like they don't want to spread the achieves too wide. Separating them and such, specially making WvW on their own. WvW is just as PvE as PvP really so it would fit both, so much that I do my Monthly achieve of 100 events basically in WvW. It's faster and fun. Getting camps, preventing supply dolyaks, capping sentry points. And occasionally (even more than occasionally) I will run into some people and start awesome duels (that contributes to the WvW kills).

I do agree that it might suck for the ones who dislike WvW to get the kills. But I do think that it's not that much to do, 50 kills is really nothing. Doing 100 events is much longer than that, and if you combine both in WvW it goes very fast (I did both yesterday XD).

@Zephyr Storm:
    I don't think AoE tagging works that well in WvW. Might want to re-think that. I did my 50 kills much faster assaulting camps alone than in Zergs. Or I would ask if there was some small striking team (which usually there is) and then it just goes 100 times faster. But I do agree with you (Just don't think it's possible yet).

@Lane
    To go WvW alone you need to be a good sneaky bastard with good gtfo skills and specially think how the enemy would think so you don't get caught. It's usually easier to go with a small group too. I've had some interesting duels/epic fights yesterday there and we were up against Sanc of Rall which outmanned us by too many (aka map crawling with them). Was very fun and made quite abit of new "friends" there.
    Last edited by Zilong; 2013-01-31 at 06:52 PM.