Thread: Old boss raid

Deleted

Old boss raid

ok im sure many many people have talked about this, but i will try put my own twist on it

imagine blizz released a raid witch housed past end bosses or bosses we loved, 16 bosses

ok let me get a few things out of the way. is is sentiment? yes it is, would it destroy the love you had for that old encounter? it may. would people dislike it? of course they would

but lets just say blizz decided they were gona release a raid with old bosses, how would they do without making it look like its just a rehash of old content, well they could do this

make it like a bonus raid, a raid made purely for fun. make it that guilds get invites from NPC's to go kill a boss. the invites could be required from killing bosses in other upto date raids

LOOT

the old boss raid loot doesnt have to be progression, it could be more exciting, instead of gear, you get mounts, new pets, trinkets that do fun things, many things can be done

it could drop loot for transmog, i know the old raids do that, but some items could have a new skin, or weapons could be even bigger over their counterpart

cake!! the bosses could drop cake

BOSSES

ok let me get some bosses out of the way that i think shouldnt be in the raid, im NOT not including them cos they are not worthy, ill explain below

Ragnaros- reason is that we had him in firelands in cata, existing in 3 raids would be silly
    Deathwing- reason is we had him in cata
    C'thun- reason is that an old god should exist where they are
    Yogg-Saron -reason same as C'thun
    Any Cata & MoP bosses really as they are still NEW, if you will

ok bosses who i think should be in it, ok 16 bosses, not in order of favourite, or in order of the encounter

1-Illidan Stormrage 2-Kel Thuzzad 3-Twin Emperors 4-Teron Gorefiend
    5-Kael'thas Sunstrider 6-The Four Horsemen 7-The Opera Event 8-The Chess Event
    9-Shade of Aran 10-Lady Vashj 11-Majordomo Executus 12-Ossirian the Unscarred
    13-Magtheridon 14-Gruul 15-Kil'jaeden 16-Archimonde

well that would be my list, everyone would have their list and your list would be just as good or better than mine, its just my own list. i know none from Ulduar or ICC.
    i was gona add Nefarian, but we have seen him twice now, i really wanted to add him.

BOSS ENCOUNTERS

what would the boss encounters be like would the be....

The same as they where, but for lvl 95 players?
    New abilities?
    Or both?

well who knows, they could use the same abilities but for the higher lvl. would it work? who knows

would the encounters be as hard as they were when they were current content? probably not thats just silly, Sunwell was still kicking peoples asses at lvl 80

they could add new abilities on top of the old ones, look at raggy and Nef

im sure the encounters would be tough, we would face boss abilities that we havent seen in a very long time, we have had it easy for a few years now

RAID LOCATION

where would the raid be? in a zone in the new expansion? maybe..or the fights could take place in their raid itself...for example

were gona fight illidan, the NPC who invites us (lets call him Brann) portals us to blacktemple, were in a lvl 95 phased location of BT, same goes with Shade of Aran etc etc

the story behind this could be that "Brann" wants us to reenact battles form the past, and he gets more & more excited as we kill boss after boss

there could also be an achievement after killing Kil'jaeden that says "world first? sorry 5 years to late"

i was gona say some sort of Emerald Dream like location (not the emerald dream) where the bosses would be trapped in a some sort of time continuum

or the location could be a new building itself, but that wouldnt work

thats pretty much it

im sure Blizz will never do it, players may not want it

but as i said, it doenst have to be a progression raid, the loot is for fun, it can be just a fun 16 boss raid that doesnt conflict with other raids, just a raid to fight bosses you love at the right lvl again

its an idea that i have had for years, this is my idea of how they could do it, im sure blizz would have better ones

Daedralord

I certainly wouldn't mind doing my favorite encounters in the past at the proper level once more, but, the fact that 95% of the population of WoW would cry aside, this would take a lot more development time than it would seem at first glance, especially if they would have to be tuned for 10 and 25 man alike. Plus, last time they did this with a whole instance, they pretty much killed it, with Naxx...I never did the original but I know that the two can't even compare in epicness. I'd also rather see entire raids buffed up, if they are going to bother with this at all, then just random bosses that may or may not be ones people like best. I honestly think the best viable thing Blizzard could do with old raids if they were to touch them is buff them up and turn them into 10 man challenge mode content, but that would be still be an awful lot of work for little enjoyment out of players, I would imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind doing my favorite encounters in the past at the proper level once more, but, the fact that 95% of the population of WoW would cry aside, this would take a lot more development time than it would seem at first glance, especially if they would have to be tuned for 10 and 25 man alike. Plus, last time they did this with a whole instance, they pretty much killed it, with Naxx...I never did the original but I know that the two can't even compare in epicness. I'd also rather see entire raids buffed up, if they are going to bother with this at all, then just random bosses that may or may not be ones people like best. I honestly think the best viable thing Blizzard could do with old raids if they were to touch them is buff them up and turn them into 10 man challenge mode content, but that would be still be an awful lot of work for little enjoyment out of players, I would imagine.
    it was only the absolute minority who complained about a rereleased naxx

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    it was only the absolute minority who complained about a rereleased naxx
    Well, I think re-releasing Naxx was a good idea. But they dumbed it down way too much. But people flipped their shit over Onyxia 2.0 even though it was a 100% bonus thing (and a one boss raid at that) Blizzard did just for the fuck of it. Hell, thousands of noobs said Nefarian from Cata said it was rehashed content from the Nefarian in BWL when all it shares is the same lore boss which only proves they never did it and just like to complain. Case in point, whiny little brats are annoying and Blizz will probably never do it just because of that.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-15 at 05:46 AM.

main idea is good but make it something like challenge mode raid something super hard
    and i want to see illidan demon form again
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas