Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Fun things. You can't use it in COMBAT, while MOUNTED and it lasts 2 MINUTES with a 30 MINUTES cooldown. Yup, minor. They should just rename Minor Glyphs into Stupid Glyphs.
    I agree that the glyph is pretty underwhelming, but I believe it has its purpose and reasons for being the way that it currently is as a simple minor glyph for "fun" that the player can use if they choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Crittermorph is a minor glyph too, but you can spam it on everything in sight without restrictions.
    Regardless of how goofy it is to see turtles and penguins around sw instead of squirrels and bunnies, this is still a minior glyph doing a minor thing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Why is this glyph does this glyph have a cooldown while the pot does not? Consumable, gold sink, profession, profit. Why did you get this glpyh instead of some other glyph with who knows what affect that you imagine you would have got instead? You didn't...
    .... what ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, lets. Glyph of Arcane Language. Mages still win.
    Verdant Sphere. Game, Locks
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-01-29 at 12:05 AM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Just look at how many spells have been removed that have been around since day 1. The main reason is "balancing" and to avoid confusion of the new players. This game has taken a wrong turn somewhere. At least he have our Swirly Ball back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguing about which minor glyph is more useless is kinda like arguing whether cars or trucks take you places better.

Minor glyphs are not supposed to be useful. They are supposed to be fun, silly convenience or cosmetic things. So, yeah, you can pretty much complain that all of them are "useless" but you'd be missing the point.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

And this isn't a class war. Seeing this like "mages have it hard" are a thing I don't want to see here

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Arguing about which minor glyph is more useless is kinda like arguing whether cars or trucks take you places better.

Minor glyphs are not supposed to be useful. They are supposed to be fun, silly convenience or cosmetic things. So, yeah, you can pretty much complain that all of them are "useless" but you'd be missing the point.
    Well, I am not so sure about that. Show me a rogue that did take the Jesus Minor Glyph and I will kiss you. Or not.

I think it might be a better argument if we were to ask which one is the most useful. Some actually provide decent benefits such as the glyph of blackout kick which allows it to dot the target even if it is in front of you. This can be beneficial towards dps on some encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Verdant Sphere. Game, Locks
    Hey now, that may give better visibility depending on the color of your gear and surroundings. Or if you don't want a color clash.

Arcane Language is only useful if you want to eavesdrop on people doing ERP.

EDIT: Unless it can be dispelled separately in PvP? IDK.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-01-29 at 12:11 AM.

Rogue Jesus Minor Glyph is pretty useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    I think it might be a better argument if we were to ask which one is the most useful. Some actually provide decent benefits such as the glyph of blackout kick which allows it to dot the target even if it is in front of you. This can be beneficial towards dps on some encounters.
    Glyph of Nightmares, best glyph

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are enjoying the glyph, it's not pointless.

If they don't want people running around looking like other people keep a cooldown, but 30 minutes is a bit of a joke, 5 minutes max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I use Glyph of Rapid Teleportation to literally run circles around people.

Yes, lets. Glyph of Arcane Language. Mages still win.
    Something tells me Shamans win with Glyph of the Lakestrider (autocast water walking when you enter ghost wolf, also happens to auto-cancel when you leave ghost wolf).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Something tells me Shamans win with Glyph of the Lakestrider (autocast water walking when you enter ghost wolf, also happens to auto-cancel when you leave ghost wolf).
    Avenging wrath glyph that gives you 4 wings. You could say visibility, but AW isn't proc'd, it's casted

This is World of Warcraft where you play to have fun, some times.

Glyph that I love is the rogue one that leaves an illusion of yourself for a few seconds after vanishing. Kinda like Phantom Lancer hero from WC3 dota map. Shame the illusion doesn't stay a bit longer or is interactable so ppl actually think it's you. It's those little things that could be great, but they just suck cuz they lack details.

Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    Mages get a free potion every 30 minutes. If they want to look like someone else during the other 28 minutes, they'll just have to pay up like the rest of us.
    Which is why the glyph is the most worthless waste of space in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun was detected; nerfed.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    What reason or purpose does this glyph serve now? None. It is vastly inferior to the potion that does the same thing. I dont see an issue with classes being able to do fun, unique things that other classes can't. That's not being "unfair" it's called variety. Blizzard presented us with an interesting concept: transforming into other humanoids. The only reason this glyph exists is for rp purposes and dumb fun. 2 minutes is NOT enough time to accomplish the former,with or without a potion, and many dont even think it's fun the wY it is. What do you have to lose by freeing some of the restriction on this glyph? Are people that obsessed wih making every class uniform and "even"? What do you lose by letting us do some silly rp spell when we want. If it was something practical I'd understand, bu it's not. As it stands now, I had an entire rp scenario planned out that I cant do because of the way this glyph is. Even if I had potions, it wouldn't work because it only lasts 2 minutes and I cant guarentee I'll transform into the same person every time.

I know this is meaningless to non-rpers, but this glyph is meaningless to you anyway.

There's no reason to be so maliciously restrictive on something that's just plain old fun.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:26 AM ----------

Also to be fair, rogues have it bad too with their glyph of disguise.

"When you Pick Pocket a humanoid enemy, you also copy their appearance for 5 min. Your disguise will unravel upon entering combat."
    So dumb, you are in stealth, you can't even show it off? this is just going to have rogues going out and pickpocketing something just to hearth and walk around in town for 5 minutes. Its a pretty cool minor glyph idea, but how about making it not useable on things that are huge and just skim the list of humanoids that it works with down and let you be in combat as them..I dont understand these pointless limitations. Who are they benefiting? Who loses by giving us a little more freedom. It's not like being able to transform into another random player without a huge cooldown will dissuade us race-changing, so why nerf our fun?