mistweaver channeling for spriest

So after playing the Mistweaver monk i really like how some of the spells you use don't disrupt your channeling spell. I think it would be kinda cool if we could see some of this put to use with mind flay and the spriest instant cast spells, any thoughts?

Deleted
    But Mindflay is like lowest on priority... why not Disprupt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    A) Soothing Mists is the MW go-to heal for healing people up. If they have to use another GCD to get it back up whenever they cast another heal, ppl would probably die.

B) Mindflay is just filler. Its the lowest priority for Shadow Priest, you only cast it if you have no other damaging spells that need casting. Certainly, maxing your uptime on it in movement situation will help further dps even more (Thus the Mindflay glyph), but the big reason why its channeled is so you can interupt it WHENEVER you feel like and not feel like you just lost some dps, akin to any dps that have to do a full cast time spell, such as mages... and... Balance Druids!

So, no. Mistweavers get the channel non-interuption because they are HEALERS, and because thats thier go-to heal for most situations. Spriests SHOULDN'T because this is our filler spell, and the fact that its channeled is SO that our dps isn't disrupted by movement/having to cast another spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) Soothing Mists is the MW go-to heal for healing people up. If they have to use another GCD to get it back up whenever they cast another heal, ppl would probably die.

B) Mindflay is just filler. Its the lowest priority for Shadow Priest, you only cast it if you have no other damaging spells that need casting. Certainly, maxing your uptime on it in movement situation will help further dps even more (Thus the Mindflay glyph), but the big reason why its channeled is so you can interupt it WHENEVER you feel like and not feel like you just lost some dps, akin to any dps that have to do a full cast time spell, such as mages... and... Balance Druids!

So, no. Mistweavers get the channel non-interuption because they are HEALERS, and because thats thier go-to heal for most situations. Spriests SHOULDN'T because this is our filler spell, and the fact that its channeled is SO that our dps isn't disrupted by movement/having to cast another spell.
    Your argument is a bit lacking. If we've already established that having a channeled filler spell helps minimize the effect of disruptions, then presumably borrowing the Mistweaver tech would help minimize them even more. Unless you can show that that would be too much of a good thing, it makes sense to add the mistweaver tech to Mind Flay/Sear.

Really though, I'm more interested in whether or not it would make our rotation more fun, rather than how it would effect our "scaling" to movement fights.

Mind Flay is already very short, with its global taking half of its duration. If it had the Mistweaver effect, then we'd either end up with a rotation that went MF-DoT-MF-DoT-MF-MB... or MF's DpET would still be low enough not to delay other casts to keep it up, in which case the change would do nearly nothing. So I actually agree that the Mistweaver channeling model should not be applied to Mind Flay. At best it would do no harm, and it might wreck the rotation.

On the other hand, Mind Sear is long. Its global takes 30% of its duration, leaving 2 1/3 globals for other spells. This could be a bit more interesting, as currently our AoE priority is dreadfully simple and overpowered: Halo > Mind Sear. If Mind Sear got the Mistweaver treatment, we would end up with a more interesting AoE rotation, reminiscent of WotLK/Cata, wherein we would roll Mind Sear, and during its channel, roll multi-DoTs. I think it should be applied to Mind Sear. The MS/multiDoT rotation would be more engaging than MS-MS-MS-MS-MS...

Let's be realistic. Mind Sear is overpowered right now. It does more AoE DPS than most other specs, and does so mindlessly. It's due for some kind of nerf. If we could keep the same maximum damage potential, but increase the effort required, it might save us from ending up with weak boring AoE instead.

If I could design us a new AoE rotation (that didn't involve bringing back Mind Flay refreshing SW:P for multi-DoTing, which worked, but would mess up our new single-target setup.) I would reduce Mind Sear's damage (probably 50-70%) to compensate for the rest of the changes, increase its duration to 6sec, and give it the Mistweaver channeling effect. Then I would make Mind Blast deal 40% of its damage in Mind Sear's area instead of its usual single target damage if cast during the channel. Similarly, I would have procced Mind Spikes from Surge of Darkness/FD,CL deal 40% of their (boosted as per usual by Surge of Darkness' 50% - so 60% of a basic Mind Spike) damage in Mind Sear's area. Those two are already our go-to AoE talents, so I don't see a problem with working them into the AoE rotation. Mind spikes would be a bit weaker, but proc more often, making the two talents roughly equal. If my math is right, the resulting priority would be Halo > MSear > MB > MSpike (proc) > DP > VT > SW:P. Approximately 4-6 DoTs could be kept rolling, due to the globals consumed by MSear and MB.