Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Field Marshal HavokFURY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    bind A and D to strafe left and right. turn the sensitivity on your mouse way, way up. just practice.


    have you ever played a fps?
    ^This.

    If you've ever played a FPS on PC, it's the same thing. You could always practice on a FPS (there are plenty of free ones on Steam) and then apply your experience to WoW. Good luck!
    RIP <SoP>

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Muschi View Post
    All I can say to help is unbind the turning keys, bind strafe to A and D, run some LFR or whatever floats your boat. That's the only way I see it happening.
    do this..

    use your mouse to move the camera, bind everything, stop clicking anything. tada
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  3. #43
    Checking back in to say thank you all very much for you helpful suggestions.

    To those questioning the reality of my post because of my post-count and asking logs, please reflect on the fact that I prefer to keep myself anonymous because I feel ashamed. Otherwise I would have asked my guildmates first before coming here! To some doubting the rankings I posted, keep in mind that I never said anything about arena..Indeed, I have never even tried to get an arena team (apart from CP capping) because it is blatantly obvious that I would never be able to succeed above a specific rating with keyboard turning.

    On topic now, do you guys have an good Left-Handed gaming mouse to suggest?
    And, should I bind A and D to strafe left/right or turn left/right (I swear, I really am so inexperienced with mouseturning).

  4. #44
    Stood in the Fire frigoffrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    364
    I think I found out about mouse turning a week into the game right after Vanilla launch. I keyboard turned for a week in my 8 years of WoW. Thank god.

    I don't understand how you can play this game and constantly keyboard turn, especially in competitive/endgame content.

  5. #45
    Actually keyboard turning in pve is not that big of a deal. If you are for some reason really stuck with that habit, you will eventually know how to manage your character by clicking and stuff. And because of general cooldowns, it is theoretically possible to be as succesful as anyone with just clicking in pve because you will have enough time to move your mouse to another skill during GCD. PVP pretty much requires you to use mouse to turn around because it is just alot more complex.

  6. #46
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    142
    i dont see how can u get server first doing keyturns.. either you was being carried or i dont know... imagine on ragnaros heroic...moving from fire and shit...or omfg theres to many situations where you are going to fail for keyturner... this is like... trolling must say... i can understand a clicker but not a keyturner...

  7. #47
    That was his first post on MMO, and he does not even link his armory. Just saying, his credibility is not really top notch.
    "I bring light where there is darkness. Hope where there is despair. Judgement where there is injustice. I AM PALADIN!"

  8. #48
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by FringeR View Post
    Hello all,


    Short introduction about myself...
    Heroic Raider (ranged dps) since Vanilla, countless Server Firsts, several top-50 world kills, a plethora of top10 ranks on WoL raid leading, 2500+ rbg rating in all seasons........and....Keyboardturner

    Yes, you heard it right..Keyboard-turner all the way.

    In the past, I have had some problems with it, which have increased through time...However, my experience and the sacrifice of additional time to plan ahead on encounters (many [MANY] macros), always managed to save my dps, raidspot, guild rank, wol rank etc etc.....

    Up until now..MoP changed it all..Stone Guards heroic? Will of the Emperor heroic? Imperial Vizier Zorlok HC attenuation dancing? Garalon N-HC/HC!!!?

    In this tier, keyboard-turning just doesnt cut it...Low overall dps, low targeted dps, failure at tactics, many deaths...


    I really seem to have reached a dead-end at the moment..I have even considered very seriously the option of quitting raiding (and the game as a whole)..

    I would really like to hear your thoughts/ideas/proposals..

    (a) Should I select a different class? Is there one more appropriate for keyboard turning? (currently playing a shadowpriest)
    (b) Should I try some new methods? (new macros, new keyboard, whatever)
    (c) Should I try to adapt to mouseturning? If yes, please be more specific as to how because - as you may imagine - it seems very hard for me and that is why I havent done so so far..(I am left-handed, if that makes any difference)


    Any comments are welcome - positive, negative, I wouldnt even mind flaming to the extent allowed by the mods. Just to make clear, for anyone doubtful, that this is far from a troll post and feedback from this Community is my final option before quitting (as you may imagine, I am shy to admit to my guildmates or other wow-friends that I keyboard turn). So please: bring it on!!!
    Link to your character armory. That is all

  9. #49
    I was top dps in cata and top heals in mop in my server first guild. Die to the least amount of mechanics than anyone in my raid as well as call raid cds. I 100% keyboard turn. There is nothing mouseturning gives me that keyboard turning doesn't. If you know how to strafe and set up your direction there is no point in mouseturning. The only time I mouseturn is when I am feared to go back the direction I want right away. People think they are superior because they mouseturn, its just a different playstyle.

    Clicking your spells, however, deters your raid awareness as you use eye-traffic to find those buttons on a consistent basis.

    If you are having issues surviving because of keyboard turning, then you should switch though. Although its usually just because you are bad.

  10. #50
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I was top dps in cata and top heals in mop in my server first guild. Die to the least amount of mechanics than anyone in my raid as well as call raid cds. I 100% keyboard turn. There is nothing mouseturning gives me that keyboard turning doesn't. If you know how to strafe and set up your direction there is no point in mouseturning. The only time I mouseturn is when I am feared to go back the direction I want right away. People think they are superior because they mouseturn, its just a different playstyle.

    Clicking your spells, however, deters your raid awareness as you use eye-traffic to find those buttons on a consistent basis.
    Top dps / heals in your guild. Ok well that is a different issue entirely.

  11. #51
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,881
    I only use few keybindings but I kinda keyboard turn.

    I'm perfectly fine and I whoop on the DPS meters, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Top dps / heals in your guild. Ok well that is a different issue entirely.
    Dps on my warlock, not my paladin. If thats what you were talking about.

  13. #53
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,228
    Guys, we're not turning this into a "I'm better than you are because I do (fill in the blank)" debate. Stay on topic, and everyone who is posting just to try to insinuate that the OP is trolling needs to stop. That's not posting constructively, it's spam, and it's not allowed here.

  14. #54
    Well, if you are willing to spend a lot of time preparing encounters to maximize your performance, you should optimize the most basic part, which shouldn't pose more than 3 to 6 hours of playing awkward to adapt, regardless of what you think.. So pick c). Then you can fulfill your dream of being a top player.

  15. #55
    i dont see it would be possible to keyboard turn on attenuation hc

  16. #56
    Have you never played an FPS game before? You look around with your mouse, not your keyboard.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,069
    I don't always keyboard turn, but I am mostly a clicker (with some keybinds for ultility spells like interupt), currently 13/16 HC, aiming to fully clear this tier before 5.2 come out.

    You said you used to raid HC all the time, then it should be no issue to you at all, it is not like fight like Warmaster HC (pre nerf) give you much breathing room if you don;t react fast, Sindragosa HC with the pulls and shit, Putricide HC with the goo, movements and reaction had always been there, if you did fine before no reason you can't now.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 07:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    i dont see it would be possible to keyboard turn on attenuation hc
    You don't turn, you side step, but turn on the opposite direction (side step right but turn left same time for example) that way you will "circle around" your target, circling it while side stepping while facing your target always so you can cast movement spells while moving.

  18. #58
    unbind your arrow keys. rebind A and D to strafe left and right. tape your right hand to your mouse.
    i mean it.
    go get some packing tape and tape your hand to it, get a cheap mouse that you don't care if you get sticky stuff all over it if you have to.

    then go do random bgs/random dungeons/lfr/2s until you are blue in the face and you get used to playing with your hand on your mouse.

    the key to muscle mouse turning is muscle memory, you just have to forcibly retrain it.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  19. #59
    High Overlord kennyisnotdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    150
    Nostromo + naga is amazing

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    As a tank player I disagree.
    I really like tanks that back up if there is no hurry. Sometimes backpedaling is exactly what you need.

    Like on that rogue boss with the smoke bomb in Hour of Twilight. Whenever I healed it I was silently begging for a tank who would just back out of the cloud.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •