Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

MN state senator compares Marriage equality to GMO

Please share this. A girl I graduated high school with got a response when she messaged a state senator asking for marriage equality. Here is what he said.

Please click link and up vote it so we can help bring equality and stop the ignorance. http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/com...as_bad_as_gmo/
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well than, that's very...... special. Special? Probably too kind a word.

While I appreciate that others are entitled to their own views, saying that the reason for misconstruing marriage in such a way due to... GMO of all things is fairly ridiculous.

I don't support gay marriage at all, and even I think that's a dumb connection to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Well than, that's very...... special. Special? Probably too kind a word.

While I appreciate that others are entitled to their own views, saying that the reason for misconstruing marriage in such a way due to... GMO of all things is fairly ridiculous.
    I'm currently drafting a strong response.

he said something about genetically modified animals? is this what gmo is? if so... what the fuck is so bad about that?

This is spectacularly stupid.

Well, check down Dan Hall as a man that's spectacularly fucking stupid in multiple ways. This guy's really not so keen on gay people or science, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    This is spectacularly stupid.
    What is even more perplexing, is that his district even voted against the marriage ban in MN. This dude apparently has no clue how to represent his electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    he said something about genetically modified animals? is this what gmo is? if so... what the fuck is so bad about that?
    he said marriage in it's current state is the institution that holds things together. without it, these things, such as genetically modified organisms, will bring about a worse future.

He's saying that if gay marriage is legalized, GMOs are certain to destroy us. /facepalm
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just barely rates above the senator that stupidly asked if (e.coli i think it was?) could evolve into a human

That's embarrassing... Just one more generation. I believe this type will not be in this kind of work anymore by then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Hall_(politician)

A Republican, he is the CEO of Midwest Chaplains, a former director of the Minneapolis YMCA, and a former Christian school principal.[1][2]
    Oh. I see.

In April 2011, Hall criticized social integration and desegregation, saying "I watched Minneapolis get destroyed, so I not only didn’t want my kids in the school system. I took them out of Minneapolis because they ruined our neighborhoods with integration and desegregation."[6]
    Fuck you Dan Hall. How is this prick even remotely qualified to hold any position other than his previous religious jobs?

So... Why should we take someone seriously if they don't even have a basic grasp of grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    What is even more perplexing, is that his district even voted against the marriage ban in MN. This dude apparently has no clue how to represent his electorate.
    MN is very strongly in support of gays. The ones who aren't don't voice it often unless you're out in the middle of the sticks. He campaigned on equality which makes it that much worse.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

Oh. I see.

Fuck you Dan Hall. How is this prick even remotely qualified to hold any position other than his previous religious jobs?

You also have to remember... my state also elected Michelle Batshitcrazy Bachmann

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    TBH I blame the voters for re-electing a pro-segregationist. What can you expect from a brainless bigot?

“I watched Minneapolis get destroyed, so I not only didn’t want my kids in the school system. I took them out of Minneapolis because they ruined our neighborhoods with integration and [de]segregation.”

EDIT: got beaten to it

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    So... Why should we take someone seriously if they don't even have a basic grasp of grammar?
    Because he's a senator and what he says and does can and will impact people more than you're average person who can't use grammar.

dude is... i don't even know -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Because he's a senator and what he says and does can and will impact people more than you're average person who can't use grammar.
    Which, really, is absolutely mindboggling. How the fuck do people that stupid get elected to public offices? I suppose because they're representative of their electorate.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if that guy and this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8gFXt5MFY8) got together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

Oh. I see.

Did he just outright say he's a racist? How the hell is this guy allowed to hold office?