Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Realm Ignore Feature

I play in WoW US and these "geniuses" from Azgalor/Tol Barad/Goldrinn/Nemesis/Gallywix/Azralon are ruining my gaming experience whenever I get shackled with them in pugs.

Most of them
    a) roll "Need" when they have better gear in that slot
    b) love to stand in fire
    c) do stuff which is not related to the spot they queued in for (frost dk rolling in blood presence)
    I can go and on....

I know you can ignore individual players but can I ignore entire realms ?.
    Is there an addon/macro/setting or anything that I can use to avoid to get myself grouped with these "geniuses" from these realms ?.

Deleted
    you could just hide all chat channels?

This feature would not likely happen as it would adversely affect queue times too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    you could just hide all chat channels?
    The language is not the issue.
    These dudes can speak to each other in Swahili for all I care.

I don't think there is such a feature and Blizzard will certainly not implement it.

Does ignoring players help anyway? I ignore bots in bgs (after reporting them for cheating) and often see them in my group only one match later.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a Realmwide ignore function would be that helpful. I haven't noticed that any one server tends to be more asshats than the others.

Now, an *accountwide* ignore feature...I could get behind that. If I don't want to group with an asshat, I don't want to wind up with his alt at some point in the future.

Though I can see the server side of this being kind of difficult. But it'd be so, so nice.

If you ignored a realm every time you came across a stupid person you would end up with no realms left very quickly.

Your best option may be to just not pug, since that's the result you'd get with that kind of ignore feature anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sauron123 View Post
    The language is not the issue.
    These dudes can speak to each other in Swahili for all I care.
    You wish. That'd make them at least somewhat intelligible. :P

I honestly think most of us have similar experiences with a particular realm... I have no idea what sparks it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the people from that particular realm think the people from your realm are stupid gits.
    I don't know; there's a few realms I'm always happy to see people from (my own included), and there's two realms that always seem to produce eejits. Either it's realm-culture, or it's just really bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your prejudice against certain realms is nothing more than a logical fallacy. You ran into a few bad eggs from those servers and decided the whole server was bad. Then you run into more bad eggs, which confirms your theory that the server is bad. Confirmation bias, nothing more. There's nothing inherently bad about those servers, you just happened to form a bias against them based on your experiences.

Thus, a realmwide ignore feature is never going to happen as there is no logical reason for one.
    Putin khuliyo

Its a bit silly to hold an entire realm responsible for just a few of it's inhabitants.

Only the Moon Guard server is completely void of any skill or competence, try not to generalize with the others.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your queues would be abysmal if you're blocking entire realms.

It is very unlikely that everyone from those realms is bad. It is more likely that you noticed some bad players and that was reinforced by confirmation bias. You're probably a lot less likely to note the realm of those quiet players who are average and forgettable and never disrupt PuGs or make horrible mistakes.

If you do this with every bad player you encounter, you will quickly run out of realms to group with. All of them have a lot of bad players.

You can't expand your experiences from PuGs -- which are often made up of people who don't have guilds or friends either because they are super casual (and therefore more inexperienced and probably less knowledgeable skill and etiquettewise) or because they are total jerks. Heck, if I were to extrapolate my LFD experiences onto the realms as a whole, I would probably conclude that US Illidan was a server entirely full of unskilled morons. But they are, in reality, a world first server and highly competitive in PvE, and I know objectively that isn't true -- if anything, the average skill level there is probably much higher than most realms. It just happens all the good players probably aren't doing a lot of PuGs. (but that is probably true of every server)
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-01-29 at 04:26 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Its a bit silly to hold an entire realm responsible for just a few of it's inhabitants.

Only the Moon Guard server is completely void of any skill or competence, try not to generalize with the others.
    Moon Guard's fine.

You use to be able to right click people and ignore them but blizzard nerfed that as it always comes back player not found. Now you have to manually type in their full name, God forbid it has special characters, and then their server. Its a pain in the ass. Its like Blizzard wants us to not ignore people or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    It takes mad skill to pull off what they do in Goldshire

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play in one of the realms you cited and have only seen this behavior as exclusive to those realms when leveling alts.

Actually, when doing random dungeons, bg's and LFR, i often see bad players and assholes from many other servers as well.

Maybe you are mad because they refuse to speak your language, just like i do when i am in a group with friends, and we need just a random player to fill the group.

But i have to say it would be nice to have a feature to block unwanted realms.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2013-01-29 at 04:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Your prejudice against certain realms is nothing more than a logical fallacy. You ran into a few bad eggs from those servers and decided the whole server was bad. Then you run into more bad eggs, which confirms your theory that the server is bad. Confirmation bias, nothing more. There's nothing inherently bad about those servers, you just happened to form a bias against them based on your experiences.
    Doesn't make it any less significant.

I remember a few years ago, when Drakkari and Warsong players were the bane of everyone's existence.

But it will never happen for the same reason there will never be a "100k DPS Queue". Eventually their queue times will plummet or just become very unpredictable.

I'd much rather they just let me ignore way more people. A few days of heavy amounts of random BGs will usually wind up with me ignoring about 20 people in a single day.

Also, a random bit off topic, but for me personally, the worst people in WoW (as in, they're terrible human beings, not so much bad players) are from Kil'jaden and my own server, Blackrock. It's actually pretty amusing. If someone is being a jackass to someone, I say to myself that I bet that's where they're from. 9 times out of 10, it's right :x

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

Thus, a realmwide ignore feature is never going to happen as there is no logical reason for one.
    I take my hat off to you sir

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Screw logic, let me never see anyone from Kazzak again.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Everyone says 'logic' but almost every time I'm in LFR, when it's a fail in the group it's someone from a brazilian server. Maybe they all started playing the game later, and it'll take them some time to catch up but.. almost every player on those servers in pugs? terrible, doesn't help you can't help them because they don't speak english, too. Means they usually don't learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmunin View Post
    Everyone says 'logic' but almost every time I'm in LFR, when it's a fail in the group it's someone from a brazilian server. Maybe they all started playing the game later, and it'll take them some time to catch up but.. almost every player on those servers in pugs? terrible, doesn't help you can't help them because they don't speak english, too. Means they usually don't learn.
    This is the truth imo