First Mount In GW2!... Sort Of.

I LAVE IT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that it seems to be going faster than running speed, but I guess that's just because ooc running speed is already fast enough.

As long as not everyone is blocking NPCs with their Dolyaks I'm fine with that addition.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Am I the only one who really doesn't understand a broom being added in what is almost February? This seems like something they should have done back in October.

I don't have a problem with its function, but the appearance they chose for it seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Am I the only one who really doesn't understand a broom being added in what is almost February? This seems like something they should have done back in October.

I don't have a problem with its function, but the appearance they chose for it seems odd.
    I think this is a probable request of sorts. We had the witch outfit for october with the broom and If I recall correctly it was fairly popular even being like 800 gems (I think). So they basically had the thing almost "done" and a lot of people want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I think this is a probable request of sorts. We had the witch outfit for october with the broom and If I recall correctly it was fairly popular even being like 800 gems (I think). So they basically had the thing almost "done" and a lot of people want it.
    Pretty much this. Also I wouldn't be surprised if some people didn't realized there was a ridable broom with the witch's outfit until after the event was over, so they couldn't get it. Adding this seems like a bit of a compromise

Really cool mount, but I hope we will get some horses at some point!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yberion View Post
    Really cool mount, but I hope we will get some horses at some point!
    but we do have horses, they're just not rideable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m4XAPdXzqAY
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really excited that they decided to add cosmetic mounts to the game. Surely this means they are open to the idea, which makes me very excited for future mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I am really excited that they decided to add cosmetic mounts to the game. Surely this means they are open to the idea, which makes me very excited for future mounts.
    Well they did say back in those horrible post launch days how if mounts were ever implemented they'd be purely cosmetic, so.... Yeah...

And this broom thing has been in game since Octobers patch, it was just part I the witch outfit and has other costume brawl abilities, I know I flew around A LOT on my broom xD, that being said I am glad they gave people a way to get the broom (riding portion, not more awesome costume brawl portion) at a significantly cheaper price and year round.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I hope they have mounts because I'm trying to play without reading any guidebooks or web advice and my character movement is still slow.

Quote Originally Posted by runewell View Post
    I hope they have mounts because I'm trying to play without reading any guidebooks or web advice and my character movement is still slow.
    I don't see how guidebooks or web advice would do much in Gw2 honestly. And as far as character movement goes outside combat you are quicker, (usually in PvE I use either an active boosting speed skill or passive "signet" 25% boost utility) so that doesn't hurt at all. Not to mention the millions of waypoints you can discover and use.

They said a lot of things before the game launched, and now we have ascended gear and bots farming merrily at all the hotspots. Real mounts are really not that much of a stretch. Would make wiping in WvW a lot nicer that's for sure.

Can you imagine all the people who will buy it thinking it gives a speed boost?
    Are real-money purchases refundable in GW2?