Major Flooding in Queensland (Australia)

Hey all, incase you don't know there has been major flooding in Queensland ( Australia) A large portion of the coastal cities have been affect and Thousands of homes have been destroyed. Heres a video I took from just outside my work this morning.

http://s877.beta.photobucket.com/use...5248a.mp4.html

And heres a pic.

The water height was at 9.4 meters and rising at the time the Video and Photo were taken.

And heres a link to some news coverage.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-2...-coast/4488032

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I know it's horrible and all that, but the only thing I can imagine is flood waters full of giant poisonous spiders floating along the surface...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I know it's horrible and all that, but the only thing I can imagine is flood waters full of giant poisonous spiders floating along the surface...
    It's worse... Crocodiles

Nah, they'll all bunch up in a giant net and wait for anyone that happens to walk by and just drop down on them:P

OT: Really sucks this, gotta love the weather here.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I think the big issue is the Live stock in the flood waters... Theres a piggery (? spelling ) further up river that lost over 1000 pigs all alive at the time the water came through and most if not all went for a swim =(

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that when there was flooding in Australia, there was supposed to be a landscape covered in spider webs as the little demons climb into the trees to escape the water.

You mean like this....

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

aaaaaand I think we're done with this thread!!

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Why don't you get some big pumps and long hoses, and pump the flooding waters towards the part of your country that is on fire? :P

Yes, they would have to be very long hoses.

4 Deaths so far last i checked

it is also pretty bad in northern nsw

If it makes you feel better, nobody has died from a spider bite in all of Australia since 1979. Not one person.

Spiders just really aren't that deadly.

http://www.burkemuseum.org/spidermyt...downunder.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Why don't you get some big pumps and long hoses, and pump the flooding waters towards the part of your country that is on fire? :P

Love that... Yes long hoses and big pumps...

OT: We have fires one week the next floods and im waiting for is a earthquake... Then hey we in the land down under are having a good time
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Love that... Yes long hoses and big pumps...

OT: We have fires one week the next floods and im waiting for is a earthquake... Then hey we in the land down under are having a good time
    Where beer does flow and men chunder...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in Brisbane not two weeks ago, and my boyfriend is still there (our home is right in a flood zone). I guess this is the year the north gets flooded and the south gets burned.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Mountains_Scheme Don't encourage them, they have done it before, albeit not for fires :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Spiders just really aren't that deadly.
    Oh good, so I won't die when it tries to chew on my face! I am comforted!

rain and wind here was awful...didn't get flooded, but still really bad

The power outs are painful, 48 hours without left me bored as hell (read 3 books...)