Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Gear disparity is becoming out of control

    In the past(BC/Wrath/Cata) the difference between honor gear and conquest gear was 13 ilvl, and it was even less since the gear lacked one sub-stat. Now there is even more disparity between gear of same ilvl difference because now gear upgrade increases main+2sub+power+resil.

    Now in Mop the gear difference is just too huge; comparing the ilvls-

    450-458(464)-483-491

    The difference between honor and conquest gear is 25(19), and counting upgrades 33(27).

    The next season's would be

    458-476(483)-493-515-523(with upgrades back)

    so the difference between honor and t2 conquest is like 39(32), and with upgrades 47(40)

    Basically we are having a whole expansion's worth of gear difference in just a single season.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire shell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    420
    Maybe I misread but I thought the new gear was Tyrannical Gladiator's Chain Armor which is 496. With a weapon being Tyrannical Gladiator's Cleaver which is 503. Also, upgrades won't be here for this upcoming patch. They said the plan was to not have upgrades with new tiers, so they should be back in 5.3.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

  3. #3
    Shell, at which point you can upgrade your elite gear and then curbstomp people wearing the 476 honor gear or even quest greens. Good times ahead, good times.

  4. #4
    How things should be. Everything is fine. Power is great.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    How things should be. Everything is fine. Power is great.
    Not quite convinced about that. I accidently entered a WSG that just started as elemental instead of resto. Came out with 17:0 stats and I'm a horrible elemental. Because people couldn't really deal damage to me while I myself did a hell of a lot of damage to them.

    Hell I can kill quite a few classes wearing full honor gear as resto shaman, it just takes some time.

  6. #6
    Remove the rating based weekly cap and instead have a season cap that increases weekly for all players.

    Anyone can catch up at any point in the season.

    Yeah, you'll still get stomped if you are just starting, but you'll be able to catch up. Right now you can never catch up if you are low rated or miss a week.

  7. #7
    Resilience and Power barely increase at all between tiers. Increases in secondary stats mean less than they did in Cata and Wrath.

    Most of their ilvl juggling now is to keep PVE gear from being good in PVP and vice versa, and they're succeeding far better than in previous expansions.

  8. #8
    BEFORE worrying about pve vs. pvp, the main concern should be allowing player starting mid season to have a chance. As it is, battlegrounds will suck balls. Even if they allow for crafted pvp gear at an ilvl of 483 people in conquest gear will so easily wipe the floor with them it's ridiculous.

    And the problem isn't gear as much as it is weapons. T2 weapons provide a massive gain of pvp power above T1. Nevermind the weapon dps difference which is the even bigger culprit for this gear disparity.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  9. #9
    Epic! Zaxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,568
    Well yea is pretty stupid when you put all your effort and at the end you have less than 350k HP in full honor upgraded gear and some conquest parts
    Its ok PvP items to have less Ilv than pve i`m agree with that but they need to have more better main stats because all your pvp power goes nowhere when you meet some imba geared pve raider with 450k HP.Honor gear should be more powerful than normal raid gear but that stamina difference makes it now useless i stood much beter in mine pve gear using only pvp weapon have shit loads of HP and crit like idiot ppl dies before understand where i am

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Resilience and Power barely increase at all between tiers. Increases in secondary stats mean less than they did in Cata and Wrath.

    Most of their ilvl juggling now is to keep PVE gear from being good in PVP and vice versa, and they're succeeding far better than in previous expansions.
    This is false, it does increase and quite a bit so. Also another important factor are the normal stats increasing because PvP power and PvP defense directly benefit from you having more stats.

    I am pretty much done with any kind of upgrades there is, and people in honor gear hardly even tickle me at this point. I can keep healing myself with unleash weapon and riptide against two or three of them. Sure many of them aren't necessarily good players, some however are and it hardly makes a difference.

  11. #11
    This only shows how bad the developers are at this game. It truly does not take a rocket scientist to do a little math and figure this shit out. And yet Blizzard never does.

    They are truly one of the most incompetent group of developers in any game, Ghostcrawler and his crew.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    This only shows how bad the developers are at this game. It truly does not take a rocket scientist to do a little math and figure this shit out. And yet Blizzard never does.

    They are truly one of the most incompetent group of developers in any game, Ghostcrawler and his crew.
    \
    They wrote an entire blog post about.
    Explaining the problem and why it needs to be this way, also with some possible solutions.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    BEFORE worrying about pve vs. pvp, the main concern should be allowing player starting mid season to have a chance. As it is, battlegrounds will suck balls. Even if they allow for crafted pvp gear at an ilvl of 483 people in conquest gear will so easily wipe the floor with them it's ridiculous.

    And the problem isn't gear as much as it is weapons. T2 weapons provide a massive gain of pvp power above T1. Nevermind the weapon dps difference which is the even bigger culprit for this gear disparity.
    I'd say the problem is pvp power itself, damage seems too high without it let alone with it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I'd say the problem is pvp power itself, damage seems too high without it let alone with it.
    And without it PvE gear would be superior forcing players to participate in heroic raids on order to be able to PvE as PvP resilence itself just wont be enough. The damage itself is the problem, it's insanely high compared to hp pools in Pandaria.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And without it PvE gear would be superior forcing players to participate in heroic raids on order to be able to PvE as PvP resilence itself just wont be enough. The damage itself is the problem, it's insanely high compared to hp pools in Pandaria.
    We went through 3 expansions with only resil and pvp was fine.

    The resil stat was intended to stop burst going out of control in pvp (which is why in its first incarnation it targeted reducing crits) it was always a bandaid to the fact that damage always scales too much in game. Also remember most expansions HP pools always got inflated to compensate for damage and then damage also went up to compensate for the HP pools going up!

    Now that we have a stat that directly counters Resil burst has already reached levels not seen since the final days of classic, and it is worth bearing in mind we are still only in the first PvP season of the expansion with higher ilevel gear to come!

    I already fear what it will be like when we hit the final season when it is this stupid now.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    We went through 3 expansions with only resil and pvp was fine.
    It wasn't fine. Having to get trinkets/weapons from PvE to play competetive PvP is in no way fine.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

    Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal


  17. #17
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,384
    What difference does it make if the stat-weights aren't that big of a leap from stage 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 in numerical order?- are people really so blindside by that stupid ilvl system that their unable to think anymore?

    It's not like you go from 450 > 458 and gain 800+ in your main stat with another 500 - 1k in your secondary stats on 1 item.

  18. #18
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by CompromisePlease View Post
    Remove the rating based weekly cap and instead have a season cap that increases weekly for all players.

    Anyone can catch up at any point in the season.

    Yeah, you'll still get stomped if you are just starting, but you'll be able to catch up. Right now you can never catch up if you are low rated or miss a week.
    You, good sir, are a genius.

  19. #19
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Resilience and Power barely increase at all between tiers. Increases in secondary stats mean less than they did in Cata and Wrath.

    Most of their ilvl juggling now is to keep PVE gear from being good in PVP and vice versa, and they're succeeding far better than in previous expansions.
    I still don't understand why they can't just apply the challenge mode mechanic and do away with dedicated PvP gear entirely. Why do I need to grind items in PvP?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  20. #20
    I kinda like when you can go to bg and one hit people just like in the old days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •