View Poll Results: Will you race change to Troll for 5.2 Throne of Thunder ?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 25.00%
  • No

    57 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,961
    okay, okay, enough with the off-topic stuff guys, back on track.

    This thread is about trolls. There is plenty of fawning still to be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    wrong, trolls are the worst race of all time because being a cannibal primitive is pathetic
    we gonna throw down now
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Me and my brother have a common ancestor, doesn't mean i evolved from my brother.
    you don't know what a common ancestor is, do you. I'm not talking about family groups. Common ancestor to cetaceans -> ambulocetus. Do you know what a cetacean is?

    you said that it would be "On par with a human reverting to a chimpanzee just to gain some bestial strength" Reverting to a chimpanzee implies that A) humans evolved from chimpanzees and that B) Chimpanzees are a less evolved form of life. Neither of which is true.
    Reverting to a chimpanzee would be an image people can understand because I doubt most people know what an australopithecus and I haven't learned enough to know if they determined what *its* ancestors were. Chimpanzees are a simpler form of life compared to a humans. They lack the opposable thumb, complex brains, tool-making abilities and abilities to run over long distances that humans have at their simplest.

    Don't be a smartass when you say something blatantly wrong and get called out on it
    It's called being SMART not a "smartass". Im sorry this is beyond your ken but you wanted to take a joke and dissect it to attempt to prove what? you can read wikipedia?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    we gonna throw down now
    elf vs troll was already recorded in the annals of Azeroth history. You guys lost so bad you've been bitter and destitute ever since

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,138
    Might be a little too overpowered. It worked on the ToC Northrend Beasts tho.

  4. #24
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    you don't know what a common ancestor is, do you. I'm not talking about family groups. Common ancestor to cetaceans -> ambulocetus. Do you know what a cetacean is?

    Reverting to a chimpanzee would be an image people can understand because I doubt most people know what an australopithecus and I haven't learned enough to know if they determined what *its* ancestors were. Chimpanzees are a simpler form of life compared to a humans. They lack the opposable thumb, complex brains, tool-making abilities and abilities to run over long distances that humans have at their simplest.

    It's called being SMART not a "smartass". Im sorry this is beyond your ken but you wanted to take a joke and dissect it to attempt to prove what? you can read wikipedia?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:00 PM ----------



    elf vs troll was already recorded in the annals of Azeroth history. You guys lost so bad you've been bitter and destitute ever since
    Not going to bother answering the first two, since you will just assume I read wikipedia. (also, I said less evolved, not simpler. I choose my words carefully)

    The purpose is to dispel ignorance which is much to prevalent in today's society.

    OT: Trolls are best race because Troll Dance is best Dance
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  5. #25
    I'll stick with Femtaur since they're my favorite race. Unless I was doing world's firsts, I would never race change.

  6. #26
    18 people are actually planning to race change for a little possible buff? Blizzard must make a fortune with their race changing service :S

    As a tank, I have no reason to race change anyway. I'll stick with my tauren. Even if I was a dps, I'd never race change for that :P

  7. #27
    Most of my toons are already Trolls ... so no changing for me :P

  8. #28
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    no, because im healer and im a troll :3

  9. #29
    The Patient Wolfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    On par with a human reverting to a chimpanzee just to gain some bestial strength. nty
    Your comparison is actually wrong, since NE did not evolve from trolls, its in fact troll AND night elves who evolved from a common ancestor...just saying

    on topic: even if they gonna give trolls a 20% passive boost, m orc for life!
    Last edited by Wolfster; 2013-01-29 at 06:46 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    18 people are actually planning to race change for a little possible buff?
    Small?! 5% is a shitload of dmg, i sim 120k in femaledwarf as BM and 5% of that is 6k dps, thats like 2 items.
    If all the dps that can be troll in a raid are, that's almost 1 extra player.
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-03-02 at 08:19 PM.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Lol right. Do you honestly think Blizzard is going to give a race that big of an advantage over all others? The bosses may be tagged as beasts, but I'm almost 100% sure that trolls 5% damage boost against beasts won't work on them.
    It's a Horde race, don't entire discount the idea.

    And isn't there some kind of weapon enchantment that you can buy which will boost your dps against beasts?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    It's a Horde race, don't entire discount the idea.

    And isn't there some kind of weapon enchantment that you can buy which will boost your dps against beasts?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13653 not exactly worth dumping any current enchants to get :P


    Awesome sig thanks to i4ni

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,238
    A race should either be attractive (read: Aesthetically pleasing, not sexy) , or have good racials. The curious case with the Alliance is that Humans have both and Dwarves/Gnomes have neither
    Last edited by Humbugged; 2013-03-02 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13653 not exactly worth dumping any current enchants to get :P
    lol yes, I guess not

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Me and my brother have a common ancestor, doesn't mean i evolved from my brother. you said that it would be "On par with a human reverting to a chimpanzee just to gain some bestial strength" Reverting to a chimpanzee implies that A) humans evolved from chimpanzees and that B) Chimpanzees are a less evolved form of life. Neither of which is true.

    Don't be a smartass when you say something blatantly wrong and get called out on it
    dont make dumb posts then get mad when people talk about how dumb they are

  16. #36
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,307
    They've got to change this. Sure, in the past some races have had advantages in some situations but this is a bit too far.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They've got to change this. Sure, in the past some races have had advantages in some situations but this is a bit too far.
    They will not nerf racial perks because of one raid. Instead the bosses are not really beasts like it has always been, except a few tamable exceptions.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  18. #38
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    They will not nerf racial perks because of one raid. Instead the bosses are not really beasts like it has always been, except a few tamable exceptions.
    I mean the situation, they have to change something.

  19. #39
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,671
    Trolls were already awesome thank you very much!
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •