Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new dk enchant opportunity?

Since we haven't had a new enchant in a while. This would be the perfect opportunity for blizz to create a pvp power/resil enchant specialized for dks, since they are creating the Tyranny wep enchant. It would add flavor and give dks something besides fallen crusader to use if it was equal to it just for pvp. What do ya'll think?

No need, actually the only reason for pvp power is to make pve items become useless in pvp, so pvp players run happy, so givving such a enchant to dks would be like change wolve for wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    No need, actually the only reason for pvp power is to make pve items become useless in pvp, so pvp players run happy, so givving such a enchant to dks would be like change wolve for wolf.
    Except a PvP weapon with a PvP enchant is still far superior to a PvE weapon with a PvP enchant.

A PvP runeforge would be interesting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    Since we haven't had a new enchant in a while. This would be the perfect opportunity for blizz to create a pvp power/resil enchant specialized for dks, since they are creating the Tyranny wep enchant. It would add flavor and give dks something besides fallen crusader to use if it was equal to it just for pvp. What do ya'll think?
    especially since they have now baked in 50% disarm duration. Tyranny should be the new go to enchant for pvp. Hopefully we get a runeforged version
    Glorious Tyranny weapon enchant was modified to 400 PvP Power, 200 Resilience, and 50% disarm Duration.

(No melee classes would have used it without the disarm duration.)
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-bonus-issues/

Oh... I did not know this new Tyranny enchant :O.

I'm actually surprised they're adding a new enchant. Haven't had enchants added during an expansion since WotLK with Ulduar drops.

Yeah, I think they really should. Fallen crusader is one of our minor advantages atm, but that new enchant especially now with disarm reduction looks amazing.

yeah i wish they would just redo the swordbreaking/shattering runeforges into pvp ones. So many of our runeforges we never get to use. Fallen Crusader is just so good it makes the others too bad, regardless of fun aspect.

I kinda of wish they made all of the runeforges viable instead of fallen crusader being the obvious one, kinda makes our class boring.

They just need to turn "Fallen crusader" into a passive buff for the class doing the exact same thing as the runeforge version. gg 99% of the problems fixed instantly.

Eh, that passive buff would make dks op when combined with enchants. They would have to scale alot of spells down if they did that. They just made fallen crusader to important with the way gear has scaled and having so much strength now. Percentage wise, lined up with other cds is crazy strong.

its the only way they can fix it though, and our runeforges are still better than any enchant even with fallen crusader gone. i mean that 10% extra damage for frost dks would rock

I think they just need to rehaul runeforging entirely so it doesn't replace enchants and so that they all do something useful, rather than having one PvE one, one tanking one and one PvP one with a bunch of useless ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think they just need to rehaul runeforging entirely so it doesn't replace enchants and so that they all do something useful, rather than having one PvE one, one tanking one and one PvP one with a bunch of useless ones.
    There's more than one tanking one. There are 3 tank runeforges that make sense to use, 2 of them pull ahead a bit and it's hotly contested which is best for ordinary use, and 1 which is very nice for niche fights. The DPS one is done in a way to make it not terrible for tanks who want to up their dps without totally sacrificing survivability.

They're good as they are, and allow for an extra bit of customization. Plus they save gobs of gold.

The thing is, I think this is going to be the 2200 one with the unique spell effect that Ghostcrawler said was coming in. So I doubt they will give DKs something everyone else has to get to 2200 for

They should just add in another runeforge to cover pvp.

Rune of the Fallen Gladiator

Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that has a chance to increase total Strength by 7% or 15% for 15 sec and reduces the duration of Disarm effects by 50%. Modifying your rune weapon requires a Rune Forge in Ebon Hold.

Done.

I should edit: And don't allow it to work with RotFC.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-01-28 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    yeah i wish they would just redo the swordbreaking/shattering runeforges into pvp ones. So many of our runeforges we never get to use. Fallen Crusader is just so good it makes the others too bad, regardless of fun aspect.
    No Swordbreaking/Shattering should never be made PvP, I use it as a tank and I find it to be far superior to the Stone Gargoyle and Carapace ones. If anything they should take one of the shitty old enchants like Lichbane and make it a PvP one, in its current state its 100% useless.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No Swordbreaking/Shattering should never be made PvP, I use it as a tank and I find it to be far superior to the Stone Gargoyle and Carapace ones. If anything they should take one of the shitty old enchants like Lichbane and make it a PvP one, in its current state its 100% useless.
    This exactly! (Was just about to make a similar post)

unless it comes with disarm reduction, any new forge would be either useless or OP for pvp - there's just no middle ground.

i agree with the above that Lichbane should be remade.

Just some work done on the current aesthetics of our runeforge enchants would be nice. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with RotFC, SSG, and Sword Shattering.