10+ Year Old Account

Elvui and mouseover macros

Does anyone else have the issue which I have:

I have your average mouseover macro. Am using Elvui v 5.31.

If I bind the macro to any button on my keyboard and hover over my raid frame and press the key, it works as a charm. But as soon as I bind it to my mouse button 5, 4 or something else on my mouse, the macro doesn't work anymore.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I did file a bug report, but it got declined by Elv.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue which I have:

I have your average mouseover macro. Am using Elvui v 5.31.

If I bind the macro to any button on my keyboard and hover over my raid frame and press the key, it works as a charm. But as soon as I bind it to my mouse button 5, 4 or something else on my mouse, the macro doesn't work anymore.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I did file a bug report, but it got declined by Elv.
    I found your ticket over on the tukui forums and it was declined because its not an issue of ElvUI.

Maybe you need to install some mouse drivers for wow to recognize your mouse(if its one without extra buttons)

Or just get the addon clique, if you're going to just bind things to mouse buttons. It binds and you can make the binds specific macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use this -> http://shop.steelseries.com/en/mice/...y-edition.html

There are no newer drivers for this one on steelseries page.

It cannot be a issue of the mouse, if ALL the bottons which are bound to macros/skill work, as long as I don't try to use mouseover macro on party/raid frames.

For instance - I have my Savage Defence boud to mb13, works as a charm. On my other char I have mb10 for dispel. On my paladin I have my macro for WoG bound to mb5. IF I use it either on a target when it is selected or myself or hover over a nameplate and press mb5 it works. BUT as soon as I try to use the same mouseover macro bound to mb5 on any of the unit frames when I hover over those, it doesn't work... Thus this cannot be the issue of the mouse or drivers if it works fine everywhere else.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-01-29 at 11:26 AM.

can you perhaps paste the macro in here incase there is a problem with it?

what are you using to bind the macro to a mouse button?

I have a Logitech 12 button mouse, and I had to change my mousekey bindings in Windows to some inane keystrokes like "Scrollpage up" in order for mousebuttons 4-12 to recognize. The default key settings of Mousekey 12 didn't recognize in WoW.

Deleted
    All key bindings - no matter if they're on the keyboard or the mouse - trigger as soon as the event reaches the WorldFrame at the bottom of the frame stack.
    For key bindings, this means that no other frame may currently be keyboard-enabled. For example, if your chat edit box is open (e.g. intercepting keyboard input) you cannot use keyboard binds to cast spells.
    In the same venue, if any mouse-enabled frame is between your mouse and the WorldFrame, mouse button binds will not register.
    However, all frames that support @mouseover need to be mouse enabled. Thus, [@mouseover] macros cannot simply be bound to a mouse button in the key bindings menu. Instead, you need to use Clique or equivalent to bind the macro to the frames' click handlers directly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Treeston.

I got a link to US forums as well - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6551965701

Clique sounds rather complex to set up... I guess I will give it a shot and see how many hair I loose trying to config it.

Deleted
    I got a link to US forums as well - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6551965701
    Feel free to copy and/or link my post if there if you'd like. I don't have an active US account myself.

Clique sounds rather complex to set up... I guess I will give it a shot and see how many hair I loose trying to config it
    Not really, to be honest. Install it, open your spellbook. Click the "Clique" tab (below the spec tabs) to open the config panel and enable binding mode. Now simply click every spell you'd like to bind with the button you'd like to bind it to. In your example, you'd click WoG with MB5.

PS: You can also use the "Frame blacklist" (I think it's called that) to limit Clique's frame-changing to your raid/party frames only be excluding player/target/focus etc frames.

With my Naga, I bound all the mouse keys to the numeric keypad on my keyboard. As long as the number lock is on, they behave as a completely different set of keys than the regular number keys. I had to get inventive when I got both the Naga and a Nostromo.
    Last edited by Junkdepot; 2013-01-29 at 02:47 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.