Poll: Would you like Vanilla-like 5 mans back?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    54 voted for yes, the longer the better? wow....... 3 hours BRD for a 5 man isn't enough cure? lol
    No, I certainly don't want that back. I favored the BC model though. Today's dungeons are too short.

Deleted
    no.. just gonna end up people not doing it..

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    These 5 mans in Vanilla were ofcourse really long. I could spend 3 hours in BRD just with a 5man and have excellent fun.
    You're missing an option from the poll "fuck no for 5 hour instances".

BRD wasn't exciting, just very very long. As long as the boss mechanics are faceroll adding time does not mean the same as adding fun. Also I'm sure 99.9% of BRD groups did less than full 18 bosses, probably around half of that.

something similar as that URBS/BRD/LBRS/Stratholme took really long
    There was nothing fun in Stratholme until you started doing 45min runs there. People did the instance to farm Righteous Orbs mostly.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'd really like them to include a single long dungeon for a patch - something on the scale of BRD that isn't broken down into separate queues.

Something that isn't quite as time consuming as a raid, but none the less, feels just as epic.

Yes and no. Vanilla dungeons like BRS and BRD were far too long. However I did appreciate that fact you felt like you were exploring them and that they didn't feel so linear. It added a lot of replayability to them imo.

So in short, they don't need to longer. Just less linear. Add multiple boss paths so they can feel different each time. And then people who want long dungeons can do each path and kill all the bosses. Its a win/win for everyone.

Would love it! I really enjoyed those during vanilla. Blizz would have to make it reward-appropriate now though. Perhaps no dungeon finder and it rewards LFR iLvl quality loot from boss drops. Basically a 5 man raid.

IMO

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hour long mazes with no maps, shit items and bosses with no strategies? No thanks!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    A couple, yes, but not a whole tier-worth of dungeons. Two of three here and there could be fun, as long as they are engaging and epic aesthetically.
    Exactly what I was going to say. A couple of long, cool and epic dungeons would be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just saw some comment in another thread. Saying something similar as that URBS/BRD/LBRS/Stratholme took really long and was really fun. And that if they created these again, while fun at first must have something thats worth going for.

These 5 mans in Vanilla were ofcourse really long. I could spend 3 hours in BRD just with a 5man and have excellent fun.

I would vote to have them back. I don't mean Blizzard should ONLY implement these kinds of 5 mans. But one or two would be nice. And yes the rewards should be nice. Personally I'd do em just for the kick of it. But I guess not everyone plays for the same reason as me.

So what do you think?

Edit: since more and more people seem to read... (dunno how tbh) that I want the exact Vanilla 5 mans back into current content... I just want to say: Thats totally not what I said or asked. Like the title says: I want Vanilla-like dungeons back - 1 perhaps 2.
    I personally loved every single vanilla dungeon. I found them all entertaining and ran them all countless times. I would love for a dungeon on the level of BRD to surface. UBRS was considered a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    People have become too used to do little for rewards, and powerful rewards that is.

I would love to have Vanilla like instances again, that are long and just cozy as they were. It was one of the best moments with guildies, long 5 man instances and you cordinated through vent with pack CC and just had fun.

Trash mobs now are just rush, rush, rush, rush, and all the tactics are at the boss. Sure, it's fine that way, but I think it's really, really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I like how the speed run of Stratholme was 45m.
    It was difficult if you were disorganized. But lots of fun.

-

I would vote yes. There is no harm with having a few like that in the game. You don't have to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current dungeons can take like 10-15 minutes, faster if you are geared. Even going slow you don't ever need to CC. There should be a dungeon where you have to actually think.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Yes it would be super fun to have to run multiple 2-3 hour 5 mans a week in order to cap valor. Also didn't we try this during the launch of Cata and the majority of players hated it? Running hard content with random pugs simply sucks.

If you want a challenge in 5 mans run challenge modes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep them off the LFG then definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Yes it would be super fun to have to run multiple 2-3 hour 5 mans a week in order to cap valor. Also didn't we try this during the launch of Cata and the majority of players hated it? Running hard content with random pugs simply sucks.

If you want a challenge in 5 mans run challenge modes.
    Why isn't "get better at game" an option? I ran heroics in cata like everyone else and loved them. I had little trouble after the first couple of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vanilla 5-mans existed in a quite different game, one that was about fantasy and exploration, not the skinner-box gear-treadmill WoW turned into. Would I like that game back? Absolutely. But the dungeons that were awesome in that game would be a frustrating and hated failure in modern WoW - difficult, hours-long dungeons simply don't fit in the game any more.

Vanilla dungeons were mostly long trash-fests sprinkled with easy bosses with few mechanics. And the longer and more complex you make a dungeon, the fewer people will run it. I never once did a complete BRD run in vanilla. I mean, I went in there to help friends kill certain bosses. And I solo'ed a few bosses for specific drops, but never ran the dungeon from start to finish.

Cool design, too bad people avoided it like the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool to have the long ones back again and also make them much harder.

It couldn't be part of the LFG tool though, people use that for speed runs for Valor, if they got a long 5 man, they would leave and queue again. Not a big issue for tanks or healers, but it is for DPS, you also get the deserter debuff.

5 mans being that long though, would have to be worthwhile, be it special looking gear or just raid level gear. If not, people will do them once, then never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players these days wouldn't do them. People like to pull fast and get things over with. Personally I wouldn't mind them bring back some more Vanilla 5mans.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Wouldn't mind it no.
    But doesn't have to be extreme long dungeons.
    Though some feeling of it being difficult and tactics needed even for trash is something I like a lot.