Poll: Would you like Vanilla-like 5 mans back?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd like if they were an option. The epically long dungeons of Classic (which were more like raids, what with the 10-15 people caps) were fun when you had time to sit down and do them, but I wouldn't want them all the time... Sometimes I don't have time to sit down and spend two hours on a five man dungeon, which is when the 15-20 minute long dungeons we have today are nice.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-29 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Nah, there are raids for that. I want my HC's to be about 15-20 minutes long.

I miss having to use CC in 5-mans. I think the reason Blizzard keeps pushing more CC for PvP is because it never gets used in PvE anymore.

While some may like a couple of dungeons this long, I'm pretty sure 99% don't. I mean, all I see in Dungeons and LFR these days is members of the world's largest guild. You know them as team GOGOGO! Had one of the tanks throw a hissy fit last night in LFR, because they tried to skip the 2 big adds on the way to Amber shaper and got pulled. "OMG NOOBS! we don't need to pull that trash". I can't help but giggle at people raging because we have to spend an extra 2 mins killing trash.

Then there are the people who pull the boss, before the last add hits the ground. Sometimes I even ask why they can't wait an extra 60 secs and I get responses back like. "I waited 55 mins in que, I don't feel like waiting any more" Of course, every so often those guys cause a raid wipe because they locked out healers and such, and I'm kind enough to point out their hurry to save 60 secs just cost us 5 mins.

But to the point at hand. You would have to offer some major reward for asking people to run a dungeon that might last 1-3 hours. Hell, we barely see any people running Challenge mode dungeons. If you made a dungeon that took an hour to clear, you'd probably see people chain dropping out as soon as they zoned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    While some may like a couple of dungeons this long, I'm pretty sure 99% don't. I mean, all I see in Dungeons and LFR these days is members of the world's largest guild. You know them as team GOGOGO! Had one of the tanks throw a hissy fit last night in LFR, because they tried to skip the 2 big adds on the way to Amber shaper and got pulled. "OMG NOOBS! we don't need to pull that trash". I can't help but giggle at people raging because we have to spend an extra 2 mins killing trash.

Then there are the people who pull the boss, before the last add hits the ground. Sometimes I even ask why they can't wait an extra 60 secs and I get responses back like. "I waited 55 mins in que, I don't feel like waiting any more" Of course, every so often those guys cause a raid wipe because they locked out healers and such, and I'm kind enough to point out their hurry to save 60 secs just cost us 5 mins.

But to the point at hand. You would have to offer some major reward for asking people to run a dungeon that might last 1-3 hours. Hell, we barely see any people running Challenge mode dungeons. If you made a dungeon that took an hour to clear, you'd probably see people chain dropping out as soon as they zoned in.
    So far the proof is:
    Yes the longer the better > 41 32.54%
    Yes but not exactly as long > 40 31.75%

So don't know where your 99% comes from.

And where does it say that we have to keep implementing this type of dungeon... together with the others? If you read this thread it keeps popping up that people want a different set of rules and stuff. They don't want it included in the current LFD, which I agree with. So why attack something that doesn't even exist and then put it in todays perspective of 5 mans? That makes no sense bro. You can imagine it working a differently and more to your liking can't you? And then ofcourse you can still say that this type of dungeon is not something you want. Obviously that is your opinion
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-01-29 at 02:47 PM.

Yes, for the love of God yes, bring them back already. Stratholme >>>>>>>>> any Cata and MoP dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, thanks. I'll keep my nostalgia.

With regard to the "almost-Vanilla" dungeon vein, they'll get boring just like they did during Vanilla and TBC. Not to mention the time investment will keep most people out.

And to those suggesting that you bump the loot reward up, LFR is still a point of contention among the community, I'm not sure they're going to add to that.
    Last edited by Dunker; 2013-01-29 at 03:03 PM.

Vanilla was a great game. Probably my favorite out of the WoW's. As much as I loved those dungeons back then, bringing the same type of style back now would not bring excitement at all. People would complain in a week after they were released.

This game has changed a lot over the years, and people just would not want to go back to that from what's been implemented into the game now.

The only way it would work is if they offered epic loot for the entry tier. Remember that we ran those dungeons over and over again because there was a lack of content and the entry level raid gear was the entry level tier found in those dungeons. It would be akin to dungeons in MoP giving out tier 14. So yeah we would always be going back for a chance to land something like that. otherwise they're just really long trash fests that require cc, timing, etc.

not going to happen.

I don't think it is going to happen either I just made a poll to see what the reaction would be. One can dream right?

I blame BC which was the xpac that started this shitty 5man model.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really want it to go back to long mini-raid like hour(s) long slogs that only offer rewards on par with stuff you can get from questing nowadays?

I'm gonna wager that would be up there with people asking for "Vanilla" servers. People might dink around on it for a day or two to relive the nostalgia, then realize it wasn't actually better before going back to their normal servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Strat was 10man (infact dungeons could be raided back in the day!) it got changed to 5man.
    Apologies if I've missed someone else tidying up this point elsewhere, but Stratholme was a five-man which you could raid with ten people; the quests within it were only completable in a party, though, not a raid (I recall one rewarded a blue cloak with an amazing 7 sta and 15 int or so!)

UBRS was the only vanilla dungeon that had raid-completable quests in it IIRC, since as mentioned it was designed for more people.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of short dungeons, I waite 45min to an hour as DPS just to get in and experience about 10-15min worth of content with people who do not talk and do stupid shit then blame other people.

Id much rather have a nice engageing dungeon like BRD or U/LBRS which had a nice story that was layed out over multiple quests and objectives and bosses that where fairly difficult for thier time. A dungeon should require some bit of class skill, not auto pilot. Anymore I question why some of the mechanics in the game still exist such a crowd control or tanks with ranged abilities for pulling, how often does a tank actually make a ranged pull anymore let alone utalize CC to make things easy?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    Apologies if I've missed someone else tidying up this point elsewhere, but Stratholme was a five-man which you could raid with ten people; the quests within it were only completable in a party, though, not a raid (I recall one rewarded a blue cloak with an amazing 7 sta and 15 int or so!)

UBRS was the only vanilla dungeon that had raid-completable quests in it IIRC, since as mentioned it was designed for more people.
    Additionally, many of the original UBRS bosses were considered true ??? (Boss), like the Beast and General Drak, so it stood to reason it was expected you roll through with a little mini-raid.

No thanks. Dungeons were large and a lot of times disorienting (I got so lost in BRD my first few trips). First time doing Deadmines and taking almost 2 hours was intense for an "intro dungeon" as well.

Wouldn't mind seeing a return to TBC dungeons tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the dungeons today are all about being fast for the sake of valor, yes. Would like to get immersed in some of the WoW content for a change...

10+ Year Old Account
    I will concede that a lot of them felt really epic due to their size, but in reality it was a pain in the ass to carve out a huge chunk of time to do dungeons, and you always had to deal with people leaving because it's gone so long and oh look here we are rekilling trash for the fifth time because the dungeon takes so long the general trash respawns behind us.

It's just not practical anymore. If I am going to spend five hours in an instance, it better be a raid, or giving me six bajillion levels.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

with the current player base being wipe once = group is shit ill leave

no

10+ Year Old Account
    Very long 5 man dungeons with completely uninteresting (by todays standrad) boss mechanics? No, I do not want that.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.