Deleted

Gem/Reforge Oddity

Hi All,

yesterday I've got the first Sha's weapon and, as usually, I've ran a simc session to see the changes! I've put the scale factors into mr.robot's custom weights, once again as usually, and got warned about I need to replace all my strength gems with haste and hast/hit, loosing a lot of my attack power.
    Just I wonder how much mr.robot is reliable?

this is my profile:

EU
    well of eternity
    chûcknorris

Please.

On a more serious note: Once you reach a certain gear level, simulationcraft will always value haste gemming more than strength gemming on a Patchwerk encounter. Seeing as though it doesn't take into consideration the fact that Patchwerk is a pure single-target encounter and exists only in Naxxramas or AMS soaking, or for that matter, how well you handle your runes during Bloodlust for example, haste's value diminishes significantly in practice.

So in essence, it's up to you to decide which way you want to gear. My personal advice would be for you to get to a comfortable level of haste and then go all out on strength.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-01-29 at 10:51 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Please.

On a more serious note: Once you reach a certain gear level, simulationcraft will always value haste gemming more than strength gemming on a patchwerk encounter. Seeing as though it doesn't take into consideration the fact that Patchwerk is a pure single-target encounter and exists only in Naxxramas or AMS soaking, or for that matter, how well you handle your runes during Bloodlust for example, haste's value diminishes significantly in practice.

So in essence, it's up to you to decide which way you want to gear. My personal advice would be for you to get to a comfortable level of haste and then go all out on strength.
    Many thanks Vereesà, I've already read old topic with same object. I've just was worried to loose all this amount of attack power :-/ to be honest I don't feeling the need to have so much more haste. I'll try another sim with heavy movement instead patchwork style.

Do a simcraft reforge plotting for haste & mastery.

Otherwise stat weights will constantly change depending on what you do with each stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    that gif is new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinityzx View Post
    Hi All,

yesterday I've got the first Sha's weapon and, as usually, I've ran a simc session to see the changes! I've put the scale factors into mr.robot's custom weights, once again as usually, and got warned about I need to replace all my strength gems with haste and hast/hit, loosing a lot of my attack power.
    Just I wonder how much mr.robot is reliable?

this is my profile:

EU
    well of eternity
    chûcknorris
    Askmrrobot is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Askmrrobot is crap.
    Sorry for derailing the thread, but askmrrobot is great tool for if you set it up, just like every other tool...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    Sorry for derailing the thread, but askmrrobot is great tool for if you set it up, just like every other tool...
    The default settings are generally crap though :P

Deleted
    Thanks to all for your answers! I've always used askmreobot with custom stats got from simc, so should be fine.
    Anyway I've tried to sim using heavy movement, where strength gem are far ahead the green/yellow ones.
    I'd try to re-gem everything as well, just to try all the available options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    If it takes me time to set up a tool using another tool (simcraft) I don't need the first tool in the first place. Just like icy-veins stat weights at the start of the xpac, which were simmed for 496 ilevels, when most people had between 460-470. Sure, LATER ON it was correct, but at the time it was inaccurate.

Askmrrobot is supposed to be a general tool, where you can import your character and find out how to fix stuff. But it doesn't work without doing all other kinds of crap to get it set up first. And at that point, you're better off just using simcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    If it takes me time to set up a tool using another tool (simcraft) I don't need the first tool in the first place. Just like icy-veins stat weights at the start of the xpac, which were simmed for 496 ilevels, when most people had between 460-470. Sure, LATER ON it was correct, but at the time it was inaccurate.

Askmrrobot is supposed to be a general tool, where you can import your character and find out how to fix stuff. But it doesn't work without doing all other kinds of crap to get it set up first. And at that point, you're better off just using simcraft.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, apart from simcraft saying "x amount of haste is optimal" it can't tell you the best way to reforge your gear, right?

Askmrrobot is a good tool, all it takes is some custom stat weights... Not sure about their BiS lists though

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    AMR is a horrible resource to use right now, unfortunately. My best advice would be to just flat out avoid that site. Your best bet is to use several tools, like wowreforge.com and reforgelite, that allow you to plot break points in stats. Research what you can and most importantly, test everything.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, apart from simcraft saying "x amount of haste is optimal" it can't tell you the best way to reforge your gear, right?

Askmrrobot is a good tool, all it takes is some custom stat weights... Not sure about their BiS lists though
    Last I checked the BiS lists were inaccurate.

And wowreforge is a much better tool to use for reforging. Personally I just use wowreforgelite.