Thread: Blood Fear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    But we still lose fear ? because it will be annoying to not be able to fear non melee classes :P
    Nice that hey made it a horror effect though, but now people will scream OP I bet.
    Of course not.. that would be stupid... Makes no sense lose the only one 'active' CC in trade for a passive and not so reliable one...

Anyway, nice change to locks... Its kinda though...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is the new horror blood fear worth taking now or am I going to go to Unbound will or something?

It still need changed, 30s just one charge is still likely to be worked on pets.
    Why not try this:
    when you suffer attack, you have a chance(10%) to make your next fear(an effect like DC) instant. It still should work on magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    It still need changed, 30s just one charge is still likely to be worked on pets.
    Why not try this:
    when you suffer attack, you have a chance(10%) to make your next fear(an effect like DC) instant. It still should work on magic damage.
    Agreed would be much more appealing if it worked with magic attacks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Is it so OP? Are warlocks dominating arena because of it? Last I checked we were the third least represented class in arena.

IMO its a fair trade off for normal fear having it instant and -10% health. Maybe slightly better but it has to be desirable in some way or no one takes it.
    I guess it's just a pain in the end to be on the receiving end. I'm a lock, but I can totally relate thinking back to rogues. I'll miss blood fear, but even I as a scrub got to admit it was a skill-less, basically 'use on cd' spell.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Why not try this:
    That's way too RNG, the whole argument is that Blood Fear is OP and skill-less, how is this any more skillful to just hope and pray for a proc - or else in all likeliness die if you don't do something else? Furthermore, fast attacking melee classes would be at a disadvantage again. I seem to recall they did something to tweak Thorns damage to rogues back then, but even still, it seems like a farfitched, old, non-fitting solution.

yo guys, my first post

My suggestion > "blood horror: the warlock "curse" (undispellable debuff) a target for X sec, when the target hit the warlock ( with all ranged attack and melee), the target is horrorified for 4 sec, 1 charge, last X sec, 30 sec CD."

No probs with pets or demons "eating" charge, blood horror become a defensive spell, and a warlock can choose the target.

The new blood horror in ptr is very useless vs caster team and team with hunter....

p.s. make "carrion swarm" baseline + slowing effect can help us in pvp maybe! Or a "thunderstorm" ability anti-melee, "shadow nova" for affliction - "carrion swarm" (360°) for demonology, "cataclysm" for destruction. Usable under CC/stun, istant, knock-back enemy and apply a % slowing effect, 10y radius.

sorry for my very bad english
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-01-31 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I guess it's just a pain in the end to be on the receiving end. I'm a lock, but I can totally relate thinking back to rogues. I'll miss blood fear, but even I as a scrub got to admit it was a skill-less, basically 'use on cd' spell.
    Mindless? Maybe. I still don't agree 100% on that as you have to think about your health bar and what's coming next. I don't know about you guys but I've killed myself before when I've noobed on this spell. I don't get why so many warlocks are beating themselves up over this spell when all other classes have instant CCs (please don't make me list them) and none of them come with a health cost (sorry if I'm forgetting a spell).

Rogues maybe getting a slight short stick atm but they are insane on the ptr right now. Rogues counter us hard aswell I am really not looking forward to going into this next season with them so strong especially with nerfing one of our most effective CCs against melee.

Mindless? Maybe. I still don't agree 100% on that as you have to think about your health bar and what's coming next. I don't know about you guys but I've killed myself before when I've noobed on this spell. I don't get why so many warlocks are beating themselves up over this spell when all other classes have instant CCs (please don't make me list them) and none of them come with a health cost (sorry if I'm forgetting a spell).

Rogues maybe getting a slight short stick atm but they are insane on the ptr right now. Rogues counter us hard aswell I am really not looking forward to going into this next season with them so strong especially with nerfing one of our most effective CCs against melee.
    agreed 100%
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Cloak of shadows being reduced to 1 minute

Enjoy your pvp warlocks! Spriests got gutted hard as well. Melee will shine next patch.