Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    65k dps, impressive.
    Hi Sephurik

Originally Posted by GC

Priest
    - We are reverting the change to how Devouring Plague deals damage. It will have more up-front damage in 5.2 as it does in 5.1. We think the more recent nerfs to Shadow healing and Phantasm are more appropriate changes for PvP.

Deleted
    W00000t GC realised that Spriest damage is awful. Smart guy!
    TBH they've no clue what they're doing. Like babies trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Now increase MF base DMG by 30% and buff shadowform to +35% DMG.
    Last edited by mmoc8b1766084d; 2013-02-05 at 10:07 AM.

I guess they realised that making DP to deal damage evenly through its duration was actually a buff, not a nerf, so they are reverting it back. Sad.

Deleted
    I think by "more upfront DMG" he means that they partially moved DP's DOT DMG to its up-front DMG. PVP wise more up-front DMG will be welcome, but that doesn't make up for horrible singletarget DMG.

Deleted
    Gutted. This would have been a nice dps gain.

Maybe they will see a dps gain is needed elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still pretty hopeful for a Shadowform 30% damage bonus up from 20% on Live - I think it's a reasonable fix to PvE, it's very predictable so they don't have to think hard about what it means, and it doesn't really impact PvP (but now that DP change is reverted, it would have a slight impact). Still, the nerfs to healing and phantasm and dispersion and mind spike and etc should make up for it in PvP.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Hurray for pve. Would be nice if a glyph actually made the damage evenly. Was a small pve buff. And we need as much as we can.

Deleted
    Does he mean it will be the exact same as it is now on Live? Or that it will do more up front damage than it does now on live?

I think the former. Which is a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    If you are struggling to make shadow effective dps in PVE.. THE PROBLEM IS YOU!
    Shadow is as strong a dps class as they can make and people need to stop complaining about burst damage since burst is for other classes. If youve played shadow for any real amount of time you wouldnt be making this complaint, you would be pleased that a hybrid class can and often does lead the meters... thats if you were a decent enough player.
    Dear blizzard.. please ignore these ignorant players who think that because they stink, its blizzards fault.
    Thanks. This made for an enjoyable morning at work laughing by me and other coworkers who play WoW. You obviously have no idea at all what you're talking about. I really don't know if you're just trolling, or if you are that stupid. Either way, it's funny.

Deleted
    i don't think it was a troll. those kind of arguments happen all the time. it's even better when ppl use LFR recount data as a proof.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    i don't think it was a troll. those kind of arguments happen all the time. it's even better when ppl use LFR recount data as a proof.
    Hey Mom, look at my 200k DPS in ICC.......

Lulz
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

someone dug up a log of him doing 60k on reg will of the emperor so... yeah. TOP DEM METERZ BOYEEE.

Personally, I find DP working the way it does on live a good thing. It distinguishes SPriest DoTs from other classes, which I appreciate. PvE-wise, the change to DP would have been a very marginal buff (in the 1-2% range), and again, we've yet to see a numbers pass so it's still way too early to write off the class as hopeless.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are struggling to make shadow effective dps in PVE.. THE PROBLEM IS YOU!
    Shadow is as strong a dps class as they can make and people need to stop complaining about burst damage since burst is for other classes. If youve played shadow for any real amount of time you wouldnt be making this complaint, you would be pleased that a hybrid class can and often does lead the meters... thats if you were a decent enough player.
    Dear blizzard.. please ignore these ignorant players who think that because they stink, its blizzards fault.
    hey! i took a shower this morning how you dare to say i stink, bad nihil

They need to make haste effect the mind blast cooldown like in BETA.

Bang fixed most of our single target issues.

The cooldown thing i doubt we'll get anything.

you would be pleased that a hybrid class can and often does lead the meters...
    Until there's only 1 target to DPS for extended periods which is 95% of boss fights.

If they make more encounters multi target, at least 50% of them, then yea we'd be fine.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2013-02-05 at 10:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Having faced many spriests in pvp, I can only imagine this thread is drunk, on drugs or in serious denial.
    Yes I know, you are discussing pve...so I guess if they limit your ability to burst more in pvp it's cool, otherwise forget it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    [...]

If they make more encounters multi target, at least 50% of them, then yea we'd be fine.
    Sortof, but still the worst multiDoTer. If you don't need Mass Dispel, Void Shift, off healing you're just better off with one more affli warlock: more damage: good single target, good multiDoT, good AoE, better burst, and also some ace utility and 2 off specs with better cleave, AoE, and burst at expense of multiDoT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Having faced many spriests in pvp, I can only imagine this thread is drunk, on drugs or in serious denial.
    Yes I know, you are discussing pve...so I guess if they limit your ability to burst more in pvp it's cool, otherwise forget it.
    Yeah, because your experience covers the whole damn game.... Use stats to prove your point or stay quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post

Aren't actually more than 50% of encounters pretty much "multi target" ? Vaults has ~ five, Hof has four and terrace has let's be generous here and say one. Should still easily be half of all encounters.