Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They've yet to do a comprehensive numbers pass, so there's still hope. I don't know if I like the new design of SW:I yet, but I suppose it's an improvement on its previous iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They've yet to do a comprehensive numbers pass, so there's still hope. I don't know if I like the new design of SW:I yet, but I suppose it's an improvement on its previous iteration.
    It's boring, simple, lazy design and only works if you don't have to move or when a healer doesn't dispel DP.

It's just a hindrance in PvP and you probably won't use it enough to justify it over fdcl

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's boring, simple, lazy design and only works if you don't have to move or when a healer doesn't dispel DP.

It's just a hindrance in PvP and you probably won't use it enough to justify it over fdcl
    Agreed, that the new Insanity is entirely a PvE choice and only on select fight types isn't great design for something that was supposed to be a fix to a shitty ability. We're replacing an unusably-bad niche spell (old insanity), with a very niche spell that will likely prove mediocre and unexciting at best. Nothing to be too excited about :/
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Oh come on what did you expect? A talent which would be better than the other two? Nothing to be excited about is a good thing. If its balanced with the other 2 specs and players are able to pick the one they enjoy what is the problem? Or is that too much of a casual viewpoint. If it stirs up a lot of debate its usually either too good or too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Oh come on what did you expect? A talent which would be better than the other two? Nothing to be excited about is a good thing. If its balanced with the other 2 specs and players are able to pick the one they enjoy what is the problem? Or is that too much of a casual viewpoint. If it stirs up a lot of debate its usually either too good or too bad.
    "Hey guys, we spent months making SW:I the most useless piece of crap in beta and then 5 months after release we change it to something boring but useful!"

No... just no...

I personally liked the old version but it needed fixing. But once again like everything else new priests get its revised into something boring

Ex spirit shell and holy nova.

It's a ploy and its stupid.

Deleted
    I think the ex spirit shell would actually be huge in 25m:P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I'm being a little hard on it true - it's not terrible - it is pretty niche though - but it's a niche we're weak at, so I should be happy about that. For a spell called Insanity, I guess I expected something a little less predictable/reliable/passive?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    SW: I is brutally powerful. With full tyrannical, DP + VT + SWP + MF Insanity amounts to roughly 53K effective DPS over 6-7s self buffed, no trinket on 65% resilience and 55% PvP power. Couple that with Power Infusion + Dominance Trinket + Berserking/Blood Fury, you're talking about a ton of burst. To put it into perspective, a Tyrannical Shadow Priest with Fort has 415K health. On top of that add SW: D and only healers who dispel/tank can survive the 8 second onslaught. You can counter dispel with silence or teammate's CC.

The damage of MF Insanity itself is equivalent to chain spamming Mind Spike procs from FDCL. With one DP, you can get roughly 8 seconds of MFI @ 25% haste which is equivalent in damage to 5 MS procs. The fact that you can reliably pull off one of these burst sequences every 30 seconds (like Frost Mages) makes Insanity is an excellent DPS cooldown. Anyone who doesn't believe me should come try out PTR.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-04 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    What I also meant with that post esp

[...] If it stirs up a lot of debate its usually either too good or too bad.
    is that there's far more important things to fix in our spec, and class.

You know what I'm referring to here (shadow PvE-wise).

If those get fixed, lots of spriests will be happy again (at least PvE-wise).

I dont like the buff to MF, we would still have problems with fights with heavy movement (or any other downtime). I kinda like the Shadowform buff. Not the perfect fix to the class problems, but would be a nice band-aid till the next expansion, when they would have time to re-do our spell's formulas so we could benefit more from secondary stats. I also thought about buffing SW: D damage and making its glyph baseline (use it whenever you want, but only grants you SOs if target is below 20%). Would help us in many situations, especially ST and movement fights (where most of our problems relies).
    Last edited by andre1204; 2013-02-04 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post

The damage of MF Insanity itself is equivalent to chain spamming Mind Spike procs from FDCL. With one DP, you can get roughly 8 seconds of MFI @ 25% haste which is equivalent in damage to 5 MS procs. The fact that you can reliably pull off one of these burst sequences every 30 seconds (like Frost Mages) makes Insanity is an excellent DPS cooldown. Anyone who doesn't believe me should come try out PTR.
    MF:I is just shit after they made it +33% increase on MF per orb consumed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    MF:I is just shit after they made it +33% increase on MF per orb consumed.
    If you were doing 3 orb DPs, then it's exactly the same. Doing a 1 orb DP everytime was an annoying rotation and glad they got rid of that necessity.

If you are struggling to make shadow effective dps in PVE.. THE PROBLEM IS YOU!
    Shadow is as strong a dps class as they can make and people need to stop complaining about burst damage since burst is for other classes. If youve played shadow for any real amount of time you wouldnt be making this complaint, you would be pleased that a hybrid class can and often does lead the meters... thats if you were a decent enough player.
    Dear blizzard.. please ignore these ignorant players who think that because they stink, its blizzards fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    Shadow is as strong a dps class as they can make and people need to stop complaining about burst damage since burst is for other classes. If youve played shadow for any real amount of time you wouldnt be making this complaint, you would be pleased that a hybrid class can and often does lead the meters... thats if you were a decent enough player.
    Dear blizzard.. please ignore these ignorant players who think that because they stink, its blizzards fault.
    Are you speaking from personal experience? If so, which fight are you "leading the meters" on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Are you speaking from personal experience? If so, which fight are you "leading the meters" on?
    If GP is such a good player that they're able to top the meters in HoF N/H then GP is carrying the locks and mages and what not. I suggest GP finds a better guild. GP deserves better than playing 10-20% better than these people. But what is more likely: GPs story true or GP is just provoking/talking out of his/her...

if you think shadow is a strong pve spec then you are stuck in MSV or are playing with bads

Deleted
    Looking forward to your logs, thanks.

Edit: Just went through your posts, you are the biggest crybaby I've ever seen. Damn.
    Edit2: Found some logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=6029&e=6592 , http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...=15302&e=15596

This is just hilarious. Sorry, I didn't understand that you doing the same dps as most classes could do in cata means that we're fine^^
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-05 at 12:33 AM.

In case GC or anybody of the likes ever reads this thread, FIX SHADOW SINGLE TARGET, kthxbai

There is significant data to support the fact that shadow is not in a good place damage wise and scaling wise. There are fights where we do well due to a steady stream of adds to abuse ToF, but otherwise no, it's not good comparatively. Check out the 5.2 PTR notes thread on the main priest page if you want any of the supporting analysis. It's been hashed over in quite a bit of detail there. Maybe have some actual raiding experience or log evidence to back up your claims before calling people who have done the in depth analysis "ignorant" and that "they stink"....but you've barely cleared half the content in normal mode this tier, so that probably isn't going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post

Edit: Just went through your posts, you are the biggest crybaby I've ever seen. Damn.
    Did the same :P But still, hoping to be shown how to play Spriest by this genius.

Oh never mind. In a 9 minute Will of the Emp fight you, Nihilo, managed to cast 33 Mind Blasts and get hit by Devastating Arc 6 times. Would you be offended if I chose to ignore you altogether?
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-02-05 at 02:10 AM.