Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    GC gives us a sneak preview before all the shadow ajustments are out to make the community happy. Showing shadow getting single target buff that makes scaling much better(hard hitting spell gets more from crit and makes di worth more/mastery). And all people do is complain that it isn't enough, even tho it isn't all the changes. He's never going to make you people happy ever, ever.
    I simply don't trust GC, not sure how anyone could:

"We're changing DP because Spriests are too bursty in PvP, this will be a PvE buff and will buff mastery"

"We're changing Glyph of MS because Spriests are too bursty in PvP, even though we know this is a slight nerf to PvE DPS and mobility, which we also realize are issues"

"We're changing DP back because we went overboard with PvP nerfs, so mastery will go back to being bad and DP will actually get slightly nerfed. "

"We're going to buff Mind Blast 20% even though we did all these nerfs so Spriests in PvP aren't as bursty, and if you happen to choose DI and enjoy the randomness of the talent, you'll suck a tiny bit less on mobility if you get lucky with a proc. This won't help all that much with scaling, but hey, at least it sort of looks like we know what we're doing."

So some of our nerfs happened because of PvP, but at the end of the day, PvP Spriests might just be even better off while we're not as good as we could have been had he kept DP as a more traditional DoT.

If he would have kept DP the way it was, and buffed MB, that would have sufficed for me. Mobility still would have been lacking, but at least our single target DPS would have been more where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Also he finnaly anwserd this On the PTR forum:"Your next mind flay can be channeled while moving after a successful, non-instant cast mind blast"
    where did you see this? tried looking it up but failed. a link would be appreciated <3

I doubt it will stay, it would make insanity talent more worth it over fdcl and mindbender.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    When Greg get's his hand out of your pants, maybe you could read over the reasons why this is considered a band-aid fix. Then maybe you could go over the history of Blizzard's disregard of ptr feedback, and consider why spriests feel they need to be extremely vocal in order to get their class fixed.
    I'm sorry that you are not able to think or read. No where in my post did I say that the MB buff was a fix all to save us. I said, that it's a great sneak peak at whats to come. The MB buff does multiple things. One it buffs the scaling of crit because it's one of our hardest hitting spells in our arsenal, and will now hit much harder making the value of crit go up. Two, it makes our mastery/crit scale better when we pick up DI. It will also increase the dps value of DI itself.

So yes, this is great news. It helps out our scaling and single target. As I stated earlier, there are still more changes to come. This is not the end. It is much better to move forward fixing some problems than to move backwards/stay still doing nothing or digressing. Yes, I think there needs to be a decent amount done to shadow to make it more competitive with top tier specs. They are still trying to figure out how to fix the class in pve so that we do better dps and at the same time, not makes us incredibly OP in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    I simply don't trust GC, not sure how anyone could:
    I wouldn't say that I trust him, but rather that I don't think it's as big of a problem as before. It's not like we are at the point like in TOGC where you just wouldn't bring a shadow priest because we did such poor dmg. I highly doubt that you will ever get sat because you are unable to pull the numbers necessary to kill the boss this late into the tier.
    Last edited by Drye; 2013-02-09 at 10:39 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

increasing the dps value of DI won't end well. there was a time in beta where it had 15% proc chance for, i don't know, 1 week. then insta-nerf. don't see a reason why it shouldn't be the same way again this time with the mb buff. plus PI is bad and ToF is very very situational, so it would be bad to buff one talent and leave the others as they are wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    where did you see this? tried looking it up but failed. a link would be appreciated <3
    A player suggested that. This is what GC answered: "I would get rid of every cast while moving if I could. It would be better for the game overall."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29009902940160

then he should do something about the interrupts.

Deleted
    increasing the dps value of DI won't end well. there was a time in beta where it had 15% proc chance for, i don't know, 1 week. then insta-nerf. don't see a reason why it shouldn't be the same way again this time with the mb buff. plus PI is bad and ToF is very very situational, so it would be bad to buff one talent and leave the others as they are wouldn't make sense.
    In beta DI was better. They balanced it before MoP went live. Right now DI needed a buff to stay competitive with ToF.

By the way I remember GC saying somewhere he was happy when 2 out of 3 talents were viable for a spec. Which means we should be thankful to him he fixed SWI. But also could mean he'll never bother making PI viable.

he never ever mentioned PI in any of his blue posts or tweets. i too doubt it's gonna get any love at all.

he never ever mentioned PI in any of his blue posts or tweets. i too doubt it's gonna get any love at all.
    I've been throwing PI at him a lot lately, no responses.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~