Page 1 of 80
... LastLast

Racism against white people : is it possible?

Since the other thread blew up the "is being a racist really a big deal?" thread i read in that thread alot of people who claim it's impossible to be racist against white people and I as a white person find that statement pretty offencive : the black panther party wants to murder all white people and march the streets while yelling "black power!".

What is your opinion on this?

Deleted
    Yes, it is possible.

Of course its possible. I see it and deal with it on a daily basis. If a white person kills a black person for being black, its racism, if a black person kills a white person for being white, its the exact same thing. So people saying its impossible are hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Since the other thread blew up the "is being a racist really a big deal?" thread i read in that thread alot of people who claim it's impossible to be racist against white people and I as a white person find that statement pretty offencive : the black panther party wants to murder all white people and march the streets while yelling "black power!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIsreNjN1E

This documentary and other reads on the topic show that the original Black Panther wasn't an actual anti-white hate group. The current ones are deeply influenced by the Supremacist rhetoric of the Nation of Islam.

On topic: Everyone can be racist. The Japanese store owners and brothels that refuse service to European people are one of many examples.

Is it possible? Yes!
    Is it a problem? No, not really!

The worst that happens in modern countries today when someone is racist against a white person is that they get their feelings hurt. It's still not nice and is ideally something to be avoided, but it's not equatable to racism against anyone who isn't white.
    People who aren't white are still refused jobs and housing and are killed as a result of racism.

People who claim that it is impossible to be racist against white people are obviously wrong, but people who claim that "reverse racism" is now a bigger problem than "real racism" are even more wrong.

Anyone who denies that it's possible are denying their own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    People who claim that it is impossible to be racist against white people are obviously wrong, but people who claim that "reverse racism" is now a bigger problem than "real racism" are even more wrong.
    It doesn't need to be a "bigger" problem for it to be a problem. If racism is categorically wrong, then it's always equally wrong no matter the situation or who is harmed.

Now, if we're gonna be all pragmatic and utilitarian about it, then, given certain desired outcomes, there are many good arguments in favour of racist policies on a societal scale... but at that point it's kind of hard to take seriously anyone who says that they think racism is categorically wrong, since they're perfectly happy with it as long as it serves their purposes.

I bet half the people arguing that the "Is being a racist really a big deal?"-thread is inherently racist simply for asking the question, are perfectly happy to argue in favour of outright racist policies that benefit minorities. Arguing from two logically contradictory positions at the same time is a gift most of us are very well endowed with, it seems. Que cognitive dissonance! "Oh no, those openly racist policies aren't really racist, y'see, because, [some reason that still doesn't explain away how treating people based on race is not racism]".
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2013-01-29 at 02:35 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    shure its possible. why shoulndt it be possible for nonwhite people to be racist against white people?
    its the same with everything. if there is something that differs you from one person, that person can be hating you for it, no matter what it is. if its your race, its racist, if itsyour sex, its sexist and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIsreNjN1E

This documentary and other reads on the topic show that the original Black Panther wasn't an actual anti-white hate group. The current ones are deeply influenced by the Supremacist rhetoric of the Nation of Islam.
    I'm sorry i believe it's called the new black panther party now.

Purposefully taking things out of context to promote a persecution complex is pretty distasteful. Reading the thread you mentioned would have shown you that they meant that it is impossible to oppress white people in the Western world and that white people haven't suffered systemic oppression like black people have in the western world because the system was set up by white people, for white people. We benefit from that in so many ways that most people take for granted or don't even notice.

I have a hard time understanding why this even needs a thread. It's one of the fucking ways to define racism (not against white people, against ANY specific people based on colour/geography/whatever.

I just... goddamn you... sometimes people on this forum..... =x

I'm sorry i believe it's called the new black panther party now.
    Yes and they are a joke. You know that guy that yells "Kill some cracka babies?". The documentary shows what a pathetic existence he leads.

Is it possible? Yes!

The worst that happens in modern countries today when someone is racist against a white person is that they get their feelings hurt. It's still not nice and is ideally something to be avoided, but it's not equatable to racism against anyone who isn't white.
    People who aren't white are still refused jobs and housing and are killed as a result of racism.
    Here in Belgium you are actually able to get a house faster from the OCMW if you're not white so i believe that argument s untrue. Why is it not equatable? White people still get killed in south africa because they're white.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I have a hard time understanding why this even needs a thread. It's one of the fucking ways to define racism (not against white people, against ANY specific people based on colour/geography/whatever.

I just... goddamn you... sometimes people on this forum..... =x
    I'm just flabbergasted by the people who believe you can't be racist against white people or that "it's not the same".

Like mentioned above, its true white people have not been oppressed like pretty much every other race has been by the white people. However, the OP was asking if racism against white people is possible, and to that, its yes. Have they been oppressed? no, although right now everyone using the race card left and right, as a white person you do sort of feel oppressed lol.

Ask the middle east or asians about white people and you'll hear alot of racism very quickly. The Irish, Italians, and basically all the Balkan states are comprised of people that the rest of Europe looks down upon as well.

I think it's pretty apparent it's possible when you have storied of murders happening by blacks against whites "because they were white". I specifically remember a few kids killed an old guy "because he was white".

Even if that was the ONLY case ever recorded, that's still racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Purposefully taking things out of context to promote a persecution complex is pretty distasteful. Reading the thread you mentioned would have shown you that they meant that it is impossible to oppress white people in the Western world and that white people haven't suffered systemic oppression like black people have in the western world because the system was set up by white people, for white people. We benefit from that in so many ways that most people take for granted or don't even notice.
    I'm sure the irish would like a word or two with you...

I guess the irish aren't really white, though!

Just like those dirty slavs, amirite? And the jews, of course. Can't forget the jews.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2013-01-29 at 02:39 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Sorry, but this is an incredibly dumb topic. Of COURSE it's possible to be racist to white people.

Is it possible? Yes!

People who are white are still refused jobs and housing because government agencies are afraid of lawsuits from people who aren't white. We are also killed as a result of racism.

The worst that happens in modern countries to blacks/browns is that they get their feelings hurt. Yea, I said it. Not a single black person currently living ever knew a slave. Get the fuck over it, we don't owe you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Like mentioned above, its true white people have not been oppressed like pretty much every other race has been by the white people. However, the OP was asking if racism against white people is possible, and to that, its yes. Have they been oppressed? no, although right now everyone using the race card left and right, as a white person you do sort of feel oppressed lol.
    So wrong it burns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The worst that happens in modern countries to blacks/browns is that they get their feelings hurt. Yea, I said it. Not a single black person currently living ever knew a slave. Get the fuck over it, we don't owe you anything.
    We do, actually. The reason being the the effects of enslavement are still present, as seen in the poor socioeconomic conditions of a large portion of the black community. This is the reason for affirmative action, to try and break the cycle of poverty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.