Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Racism against albinos? I don't know; 'Albino' isn't exactly a race.
    Oh, you meant light-skinned people. Caucasoids, Western Germanics, Celts and such?
    Of course you can be racist against them.

    Racism of any kind is a problem anywhere. The largest problem of racism against Europeans, however, is that it's often (if not always) expressed or followed in an area where Europeans are the majority population. What this does in return is increase the feelings of racism from the majority towards some minorities, who are racist because they're generally poor. All in all, it's a really bad idea, and the problem of anti-European racism affects the local minorities far more than it does the European majority (if there is any).
    South Africa is probably the exception, where a small group of Boer Elite is still incredibly rich, but the largest part of the European descendents in South Africa are now incredibly poor because of racism. (The small elite is simply too bloody rich for anyone there to touch, and they're still acting as if Apartheid is still a thing.)

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Tiili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We do, actually. The reason being the the effects of enslavement are still present, as seen in the poor socioeconomic conditions of a large portion of the black community. This is the reason for affirmative action, to try and break the cycle of poverty.
    We don't owe them anything.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So wrong it burns!
    Nah, all those asian and middle-eastern and african incursions into europe were all just to show deference to the mighty whitey. When the golden horde came in and butchered everything in sight, and were prevented pretty much only by the death of Subutai from probably killing millions of people in europe, that didn't actualyl happen.

    Ironic how the mongols did far worse things to the middle-east and china than have ever even been close to of the same proportion as what any westerners have done, but everybody seems to have forgotten about it; much more popular to hate on the whitey... then they'll complain about racism.
    Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
    “Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Weirdbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Me live Sweden
    Posts
    706
    One can be racist towards any colour of people around the world. No colour is immune. And everyone can be racist.
    Here in Sweden I heard during my youth that people said that only white people can be racists and people of their ethnic group can never be even though they showed hate towards people of other colour then their own.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I think it's pretty apparent it's possible when you have storied of murders happening by blacks against whites "because they were white". I specifically remember a few kids killed an old guy "because he was white".

    Even if that was the ONLY case ever recorded, that's still racism.
    Incorrect, a few years ago some muslims beat up a white woman while yelling "kill the white whore" (i think she died, im not sure) in England. They didn't get any charges because they claimed to be drunk.
    'T Vlaamse heir staat immer pal, Daar 't winnen of daar 't sterven zal. Alhier, Aldaar aan lange lansen de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.... En de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.

  6. #26
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    We don't owe them anything.
    When the means to rectify social injustice as well as reduce crime/poverty coincide, I beg to differ.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Tiili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    When the means to rectify social injustice as well as reduce crime/poverty coincide, I beg to differ.
    We are not our ancestors. The present is today, we who live today were not part of the past, why would we owe them anything?
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

  8. #28
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    21,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    When the means to rectify social injustice as well as reduce crime/poverty coincide, I beg to differ.
    Rectifying social injustice shouldn't entail creating reverse social injustices.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  9. #29
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    We are not our ancestors. The present is today, we who live today were not part of the past, why would we owe them anything?
    If we're going to stop the effort to improve society and mitigate the human condition then I guess we should just give up politics and civilization, hm?

    It's not an issue of individuals versus other individuals, it's an issue of one social group/government versus another social group.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We do, actually. The reason being the the effects of enslavement are still present, as seen in the poor socioeconomic conditions of a large portion of the black community. This is the reason for affirmative action, to try and break the cycle of poverty.
    I must live in one of the largest areas that isn't "against" blacks or something then. Sure, you have a ton of black people living in this large subsidized housing complex that has a police presence there weekly but to say we "owe" you something for something you've never witnessed in your life or known someone who was a slave is ludacris. Companies get rewarded for hiring black people. Schools are most likely rewarded as well. I'm sure almost anything and everything federally funded is rewarded for helping minorities too. So, buck up, get some education and you too can move out of the ghetto so you're not more inclined to commit a crime. That's exactly what you are saying. I'd love to see some sort of statistic saying "20% of whites live in poverty hence murders committed by whites is 15% while 95% of blacks live in poverty hence murders committed by blacks is 75%"

    Note: The numbers above are examples trying to show the massive discrepancy (fact if you actually look for it) between murders by blacks, asians, russians, etc, etc, etc. Also, when I say "you", I'm not specifically referring to YOU (Didactic) I'm generalizing.

  11. #31
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Rectifying social injustice shouldn't entail creating reverse social injustices.
    Hence why I'm neutral on the topic of Affirmative Action. I haven't made up my mind, just yet.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I'm sure the irish would like a word or two with you...

    I guess the irish aren't really white, though!
    Conquest and politics played a bigger role than 'racism' It wasn't because they were white, although given how the rest of your post plays out I suspect nuance is beyond you.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Incorrect, a few years ago some muslims beat up a white woman while yelling "kill the white whore" (i think she died, im not sure) in England. They didn't get any charges because they claimed to be drunk.
    Racism isn't something that's labeled to you by the law. That was racism what they did. If you honestly don't agree, I can't even begin to try and discuss why it is.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We do, actually. The reason being the the effects of enslavement are still present, as seen in the poor socioeconomic conditions of a large portion of the black community. This is the reason for affirmative action, to try and break the cycle of poverty.
    Slavery is not the cause of modern black socioeconomic conditions. Manufacturing jobs used to be predominately in major cities, and many blacks moved to the cities looking for work. Due to segregation, blacks were only allowed to live in homes in certain areas which then created black neighborhoods. When the jobs were moved from the city to the suburbs, many blacks were then left jobless and unable to move. When there's no jobs and you have a family to feed, you then turn to a life of crime to provide for your family. Which is pretty much what started the downward spiral of black culture within the inner cities of America. Yes, this was a completely over-simplified explanation, but it's pretty much the gist of what happened.

    Affirmative action won't break the cycle of poverty either, although this has helped minorities and women receive jobs. Sweeping changes in education and our criminal justice system will be the key to breaking the cycle of black poverty. The OP in the other thread wrongly stated that blacks are 5 times more likely to commit crimes, which is wrong. Whites actually commit more crimes, due to population numbers, but receiver lesser punishments on average. However, minorities typically will receive the maximum punishment for even a first offense. This creates the illusion that blacks are more likely to commit crimes, but the reality is, they are just more likely to get punished more severely when caught.

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! Tiili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If we're going to stop the effort to improve society and mitigate the human condition then I guess we should just give up politics and civilization, hm?
    One should try to improve their own country. Not try to fix other countries messed up state, if they can't pull themselves out of it then they should perish, why should we even intervene if they're not capable of helping themselves?

    Same goes for individuals from those "social groups", if they're incapable of helping themselves then why should we intervene?
    Last edited by Tiili; 2013-01-29 at 03:01 PM.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans Hargalaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,585
    Well ofcourse its possible!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    One should try to improve their own country. Not try to fix other countries messed up state, if they can't pull themselves out of it then they should perish, why should we even intervene if they're not capable of helping themselves?
    Untill your own country gets fucked up, I'm sure then you wouldn't mind borrowing a few billion of diffrent countries right? Or are you really going to say If Sweden has a huge debt and they can get money from another country, they should just say no!
    Last edited by Hargalaten; 2013-01-29 at 03:01 PM.

    When you look long enough, Diglett's nose turns into a mouth with 1 tooth!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Is it possible? Yes!
    Is it a problem? No, not really!

    The worst that happens in modern countries today when someone is racist against a white person is that they get their feelings hurt. It's still not nice and is ideally something to be avoided, but it's not equatable to racism against anyone who isn't white.
    People who aren't white are still refused jobs and housing and are killed as a result of racism.

    People who claim that it is impossible to be racist against white people are obviously wrong, but people who claim that "reverse racism" is now a bigger problem than "real racism" are even more wrong.
    To play the advocate of the devil: you seem to be making a difference between racism against white and racism against black people, since you call the racism against black people “real racism”.

    Well, there is not any difference between the two. Racism is racism, end of story, really.
    Neither of the two is acceptable.
    However, as a white person I do realise that racism against black people is more present in the western societies and is seen as a bigger issue.

    What does quite annoy me these days is when a black person is smoking on the train, and you say something about it, you are called a racist… it annoys me to no end because the word is used wrong.
    What annoys me is that black people at times put themselves into a victim role and play the oversensitive guy/girl.

    Some examples:
    1.a guy whining about not being able to get a job, but if you look at his school record, he appeared to have been skipping school half the time for no apparent reason and as a consequence did not get his diploma. But if you ask him why, it is because he is black.

    2. working for social services I implemented software that checked if someone was employed before assigning allowance to the people (if someone is employed, the allowance goes down). It appeared that about 30 % of the people had a job and hadn’t said so at the social service office. When they were cut on their allowance retroactively as a result of the fraude, most of them stated it was because the social service “hates black people”.
    3. companies getting subsidized by the state if they take in more black people : is that not racist against the the white unemployed guy who is not taken for the job becasue of that?


    So TL : DR : I do not accept racism, in any form, but people should also stop playing the victim and first wonder if they are not to blame themselves before yelling the word racist.
    Last edited by patcherke; 2013-01-29 at 03:05 PM.
    People can be whoever they choose to be on the internet - It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

    every time I see someone mentioning the word "rouge" I get the urge to say "yes, we are overpowdered"...

  18. #38
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    21,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Hence why I'm neutral on the topic of Affirmative Action. I haven't made up my mind, just yet.
    I think admittance to a university or evaluation of employment opportunities should be made with no regard to race whatsoever. Choosing one applicant over another simply due to race is the very definition of racist behavior; it's just because of our country's history that "reverse racism" is allowed to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  19. #39
    Brewmaster Caninese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,421
    Of course it is possible.

  20. #40
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,041
    Come live in South Africa where you need to get a BEE certificate (Black Economic Equity) each year.

    Only BEE companies with a high enough rating are allowed to tender for most big business deals or do business with big financial institutions.

    Same applies to charities - you will get no tax deduction unless you donate to ONLY 100% black-owned and beneficiary charities.

    Also to scholarships - black people get first preference.

    It is getting more and more difficult for a white man to get work - even if very qualified. An employer who is trying to keep their BEE rating is forced to offer the job to a black or Chinese person - Chinese are "honourary black people" in South Africa due to them being a big trading partner.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Why playing an MMORPG is like dating
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •