Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Lemonparty is alright, he just completely disagrees. It's Cybran and the other lad who kept pushing for me to break the law or write racist statements to get me into trouble who are disgraceful posters who I refuse to engage.
    Stop it, no one is pushing you to break the law, you are just hiding behind this because you cannot prove any of your "claims". KIt is not illegal to write two different questions on the internet that have NOTHING to do with SATs on the internet. We are talking about writing a question that is better for one race over the other. I never even asked you for a SAT questions i merely asked for an example of what these racist questions would look like and you just went off about some legal bullshit to avoid the question.

The most racist person in this thread is you, you seem to think every other race isn't as smart as white people because they lack the skills to do an exam properly

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I applied for a job at hooters as a server. I didnt get called back, its as much sexist as this is racist.
    Good job in responding to a person bringing up an argument I never stated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wow... so basically paying for racism is a-okay. Meanwhile we'll have much higher unemployment rate among minorities as whites make up 90.5% of business owners. Yeah seems great...
    The vast, vast majority of the difference in the unemployment rate between minorities and whites have nothing to do with employers prefering a white over a minority with equal skills. This is really a non-issue.

The real issue is that white people are better skilled/educated on average than minorities. And this of course has a plethora of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius
    Another thing.
    Fuck racist customers lol.
    Sure, but people usually feel more comfortable dealing with people they can relate to.

Especially when we're talking about immigrant minorities vs. native whites. This is more an issue in Europe than US though. US tends to be less racist and most minorities aren't immigrants (or their families immigrated decades/centuries ago).

So many racists in this thread. Anybody that advocates division of any sort based on race, is a racist. Why does it matter how "black people" are being treated? Why aren't you looking at how lower class humans are being treated? Why are you treating a symptom instead of the problem? As an individual, do you think I care how "my people" are being treated? What matters to any individual is how that specific individual is treated. Every person wants a fair shake, that won't happen as long as you keep dividing things by race and treating symptoms instead of problems.

If I'm not getting a fair shake, do you think I care how many black people, brown people, white people are getting a fair shake? No I don't, I care that I'm not. That's it. Why are black people a "minority" ? Why aren't they just people? Why are we separating them from the rest of people? Do we do the same with eye color, hair color, etc? Stop separating people based on worthless cosmetics that don't matter. Do we have AA for gingers? How about AA for short people? How about AA for ugly people? If anybody is discriminated against the most, it's ugly people.

What are the real symptoms of the problem here? Bias, bigotry, unfair hiring practices. What is the actual problem? People are being divided and separated based on unimportant cosmetic features. What is the solution? Pretty simple really, stop separating people based on unimportant cosmetic features, and additionally teach people how to overcome any disadvantage that they may be born with, stop teaching people to have a victim complex. The only person holding you back, is YOU. The more people learn personal responsibility, the better off society will be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Stop it, no one is pushing you to break the law, you are just hiding behind this because you cannot prove any of your "claims". KIt is not illegal to write two different questions on the internet that have NOTHING to do with SATs on the internet. We are talking about writing a question that is better for one race over the other. I never even asked you for a SAT questions i merely asked for an example of what these racist questions would look like and you just went off about some legal bullshit to avoid the question.

The most racist person in this thread is you, you seem to think every other race isn't as smart as white people because they lack the skills to do an exam properly
    No, actually. The most racist ones in the thread are the whites who make the complaint that AA is racist against whites and is a grand travesty, while they don't protest against the whites (because they're pathetic cowards or the fact that it gives whites a continued and unjust edge) who are the source of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't think it would be easier at all. This thread obviously goes to show its normal to shrug off any type of racism against white people, for any reason.
    It would be easier because white people make up more of the population than black people do. Therefore one can safely assume the pool of white applicants applying for a job would be larger than that of black applicants. So it would be way easier to find a qualified white person than a qualified black person because the pool is larger. That is why it is harder for black people to sue for discrimination in some cases what helps, which is sad, is the history of discriminatory practices that a lot of predominantly white companies had. That is why people have a easier time seeing white people as benefiting from racism, because they have a long history of it. I know it sounds racist but it is true, just ask the Irish and the discrimination they faced and still face.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The vast, vast majority of the difference in the unemployment rate between minorities and whites have nothing to do with employers prefering a white over a minority with equal skills. This is really a non-issue.

The real issue is that white people are better skilled/educated on average than minorities. And this of course has a plethora of reasons.

Sure, but people usually feel more comfortable dealing with people they can relate to.

Especially when we're talking about immigrant minorities vs. native whites. This is more an issue in Europe than US though. US tends to be less racist and most minorities aren't immigrants (or their families immigrated decades/centuries ago).
    I have only had racist issues in the US not so much in England... or France.

Qualified minorties were often passed over and replaced by qualified whites, or even whites that were less qualified... studies have shown...

Qualified minorties were often passed over and replaced by qualified whites, or even whites that were less qualified... studies have shown...
    Do you actually have any recent studies to back this claim up or are you just spouting off about a 10+ years old injustice?

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    No, actually. The most racist ones in the thread are the whites who make the complaint that AA is racist against whites and is a grand travesty
    Its perfectly fair for one group to receive benefits in the case of AA but its not fair for hetrosexual couples to gain the benefits of a legal marriage? Sounds like your cherrypicking and selectively applying.

No one is saying its a travesty, they are just pointing out the lack of equality, something that the black movement spent years achieving. Stop reminding "the whites" your arent equal with benefits based on the color of your skin, you cant have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    It would be easier because white people make up more of the population than black people do. Therefore one can safely assume the pool of white applicants applying for a job would be larger than that of black applicants. So it would be way easier to find a qualified white person than a qualified black person because the pool is larger. That is why it is harder for black people to sue for discrimination in some cases what helps, which is sad, is the history of discriminatory practices that a lot of predominantly white companies had. That is why people have a easier time seeing white people as benefiting from racism, because they have a long history of it. I know it sounds racist but it is true, just ask the Irish and the discrimination they faced and still face.
    Want to add that there is no evidence that AA hires have worse job performance.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Do you actually have any recent studies to back this claim up or are you just spouting off about a 10+ years old injustice?
    Lol there was a guy in this very thread who said that they throw out the "black" sounding names.

No, actually. The most racist ones in the thread are the whites who make the complaint that AA is racist against whites and is a grand travesty, while they don't protest against the whites (because they're pathetic cowards or the fact that it gives whites a continued and unjust edge) who are the source of the problem.
    Too bad the Supreme Court agreed eh?

What you don't get is you're the source of the problem, whites haven't cared in over a generation about race.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

So basically say "it can't be solved because racism is on both sides!!!" and use that as a way to not answer the question?

because if racism on both sides is not considered you will create un just laws and programs

lets take affirmative action for example. the requirement for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs was lowered so more would qualify they was given special consideration, and the argument to justify that was because they where under privileged and didn't receive as good of an education as a white student or applicant
    it wasn't race that made them under privilege but their economic status. A poor white kid has the same economic status as a poor minority but they don't receive any special consideration when they apply for collage or certain jobs

Deleted
    So you're a part of a minority I take it?

Its perfectly fair for one group to receive benefits in the case of AA but its not fair for hetrosexual couples to gain the benefits of a legal marriage? Sounds like your cherrypicking and selectively applying.

No one is saying its a travesty, they are just pointing out the lack of equality, something that the black movement spent years achieving. Stop reminding "the whites" your arent equal with benefits based on the color of your skin, you cant have it both ways.
    Who is talking about marriage? Exactly what do you want, banning of AA higher unemployment among minorities, lower college enrollment among minorities. More whites in colleges and more whites in jobs?

Sorry, trying to portray blacks reminding whites that they aren't equal via AA, while whites THEMSELVES show how they believe this INITIALLY (which is why AA exists) is just blatant dishonesty. It's also quite stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    So you're a part of a minority I take it?
    A minority? Who knows. Race doesn't make me any less correct or more incorrect. Unless you actually think that white people can't call other whites out in their BS?
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-02-03 at 01:28 AM.

Only whites are the problem? Of course everything you said here implies its a competition between races. How do you think anyone but yourself is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Only whites are the problem? Of course everything you said here implies its a competition between races. How do you think anyone but yourself is racist?
    Victimology 101.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Want to add that there is no evidence that AA hires have worse job performance.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:23 PM ----------

Lol there was a guy in this very thread who said that they throw out the "black" sounding names.
    You have yet to link a study. That doesn't answer my question. And "black" sounding names, sounds like a naming issue, not a race issue, correlation does not imply causation. If I named my kid Burrito, do you think I would be increasing or decreasing his chance of being hired? A name study is not related to race, it's related to names, stop trying to make connections where none exist. And please stop saying "studies have shown" when you aren't providing any studies or proof of such.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    because if racism on both sides is not considered you will create un just laws and programs

lets take affirmative action for example. the requirement for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs was lowered so more would qualify they was given special consideration, and the argument to justify that was because they where under privileged and didn't receive as good of an education as a white student or applicant
    it wasn't race that made them under privilege but their economic status. A poor white kid has the same economic status as a poor minority but they don't receive any special consideration when they apply for collage or certain jobs
    You know... the hbcus have a scholarship for white students...

Also refer to booshmans previous post on what happened when AA was banned. It's quite stark as even high scoring minorities with good grades were passed over in favour of whites.

Deleted
    A minority? Who knows. Race doesn't make me any less correct or more incorrect.
    It makes you biased.