Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ...
11
51
59
60
61
62
63
71
... LastLast
  1. #1201
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Why do you think these things are needed for black people to make it in the world? Its kind of an insult to imply higher unemployment and lower college enrollment is unachieveable for a minority without the helping hand of our gov.

    Do you even respect your own people? Have some confidence.
    Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all.

    When you consider people need jobs to well... make money and survive and whites take up 90.5% of all businesses exactly what would you expect to happen with minorities when whites start to hire more whites as they prefer them over minorities?

  2. #1202
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    What about them?
    I think they mean "should AA also benefit women over men".

    (the answer's no by the way)

    ((zurtle won't get in trouble for cheating if he uses my answer will he Themius))
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  3. #1203
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    And what does this have to do with race? If I named my child Hitler, do you think he would have a better chance or worse chance of getting a job? What if I named my kid SOKDJ@#KJ, or Poop, or Shitface, or BlueToyota? This isn't a race issue, it's a naming issue, you name your kid a dumb name, he's going to have a harder time getting a job, that's a fact. Solution to this problem? Stop naming your kids dumb names.

    Also, still waiting on those studies you were claiming. Or do you just spout "facts" without actually being able to back them, hoping that saying "studies have shown" will be enough?
    Those names are HISTORICALLY BLACK NAMES. Not "stupid" names but historically black centric names that became popular in the 60s.

  4. #1204
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right because there are no ghetto people named "Emily"...
    If you worked for HR you would probably do the same after some time, when 99% of those named Shaniqua do not have the skills and qualifications you're looking for. At some point you just might not care about being politically correct, you just want to get the work finished so you can go home.

    If they could identify "ghetto whites" by name, they'd probably skip those names more often than "normal names" as well.

  5. #1205
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,128
    Of course this is possible. Racism means that you're discriminating against people with a certain race (or skin colour). Whether these people are black, blue, yellow or white makes no difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  6. #1206
    This thread is still going on.....I find it interesting how not one person yet as stated a solution to make racism go away...Or is there? People are just battering back and forth on how their race is being treated unfair. Well guess what, all races are treated unfair. I don't care how you put it that one race is treated more unfairly than the other. IT'S ALL WRONG!!! Until someone comes up with a solution where everyone is treated fairly then this argument is going no where.

    Also saying removing the option of choosing your race on an application is not a solution because people still have to come in for interviews, etc. Your race will get judged by some people, sad to say, no matter the color. People will prefer you more or like you less.

  7. #1207
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think they mean "should AA also benefit women over men".

    (the answer's no by the way)

    ((zurtle won't get in trouble for cheating if he uses my answer will he Themius))
    Everyone sits about toting racism and AA yet leaves out the fact AA has helped qualified minorities get jobs and white women get jobs as well. Yet people will say AA is racisttttt!!!! So I guess all those women that have jobs thanks to AA that happen to be white think it's racist too huh?

  8. #1208
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You know... the hbcus have a scholarship for white students...

    Also refer to booshmans previous post on what happened when AA was banned. It's quite stark as even high scoring minorities with good grades were passed over in favour of whites.
    I'm not talking about a scholarship I'm talking about quantifying to get into a collage or applying for certain jobs

    why is it fair to lower the qualification for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs and use the argument that it is just because they where underprivileged and didn't have the same access to a better education which has nothing to do with race but everything to do with their economic status, but a poor whit kid with the same economic status does not receive any special consideration when they apply to a college or apply for certain jobs hence they are discriminated against because of their race
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-02-03 at 01:42 AM.

  9. #1209
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    If you worked for HR you would probably do the same after some time, when 99% of those named Shaniqua do not have the skills and qualifications you're looking for. At some point you just might not care about being politically correct, you just want to get the work finished so you can go home.

    If they could identify "ghetto whites" by name, they'd probably skip those names more often than "normal names" as well.
    So what this means is we're basing what we think of a person based off their names lol. "99% of people name Shaniqua are ghetto trash while 99% of people named Emily are preppy girls from the suburbs."

    Really?

  10. #1210
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all.

    When you consider people need jobs to well... make money and survive and whites take up 90.5% of all businesses exactly what would you expect to happen with minorities when whites start to hire more whites as they prefer them over minorities?
    This is the same Chadwix, who (despite his backpedaling) believed wholeheartedly and tried to prove that the Klan isn't/wasn't ever a racist organization "because they have black members."

  11. #1211
    Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    This thread is still going on.....I find it interesting how not one person yet as stated a solution to make racism go away...Or is there? People are just battering back and forth on how their race is being treated unfair. Well guess what, all races are treated unfair. I don't care how you put it that one race is treated more unfairly than the other. IT'S ALL WRONG!!! Until someone comes up with a solution where everyone is treated fairly then this argument is going no where.

    Also saying removing the option of choosing your race on an application is not a solution because people still have to come in for interviews, etc. Your race will get judged by some people, sad to say, no matter the color. People will prefer you more or like you less.


    Sombody give that guy a medal!

  12. #1212
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Everyone sits about toting racism and AA yet leaves out the fact AA has helped qualified minorities get jobs and white women get jobs as well. Yet people will say AA is racisttttt!!!! So I guess all those women that have jobs thanks to AA that happen to be white think it's racist too huh?
    Of course AA helps give jobs to members of the particular group that it helps. The question is whether AA is good for society as a whole. And we already know that it's a racist policy, because it is by definition.

    Also, are you one of those loonies who think women are a "minority"?

  13. #1213
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I'm not talking about a scholarship I'm talking about quantifying to get into a collage or applying for certain jobs

    why is it fair to lower the qualification for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs and use the argument that it is just because they where underprivileged and didn't have the same access to a better education which has nothing to do with race but everything to do with their economic status, but a poor whit kid with the same economic status does not receive any special consideration hence they are discriminated against because of their race
    White people aren't being discriminated against. It probably has something to do with a country trying to rectify their hatred of those "coloureds" for centuries, which led to some socioeconomic issues of those groups.

  14. #1214
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Those names are HISTORICALLY BLACK NAMES. Not "stupid" names but historically black centric names that became popular in the 60s.
    The fact that they label them as stupid just shows the obvious mindset of a number of whites, when they view things that aren't Euro-fied.

  15. #1215
    Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    This thread is still going on.....I find it interesting how not one person yet as stated a solution to make racism go away...Or is there? People are just battering back and forth on how their race is being treated unfair. Well guess what, all races are treated unfair. I don't care how you put it that one race is treated more unfairly than the other. IT'S ALL WRONG!!! Until someone comes up with a solution where everyone is treated fairly then this argument is going no where.

    Also saying removing the option of choosing your race on an application is not a solution because people still have to come in for interviews, etc. Your race will get judged by some people, sad to say, no matter the color. People will prefer you more or like you less.
    I have put solutions forward multiple times. The solution is incredibly simple, stop dividing people by race. Some people are disadvantaged, why does it matter what color they are? Educate people and teach them how to overcome disadvantage.

  16. #1216
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Of course AA helps give jobs to members of the particular group that it helps. The question is whether AA is good for society as a whole. And we already know that it's a racist policy, because it is by definition.

    Also, are you one of those loonies who think women are a "minority"?
    right because saying "qualified minorites and women" = women are a minority.

  17. #1217
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Everyone sits about toting racism and AA yet leaves out the fact AA has helped qualified minorities get jobs and white women get jobs as well. Yet people will say AA is racisttttt!!!! So I guess all those women that have jobs thanks to AA that happen to be white think it's racist too huh?
    They might, I don't know. You'd have to ask them.

    ...What was the point of this post?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  18. #1218
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    The fact that they label them as stupid just shows the obvious mindset of a number of whites, when they view things that aren't Euro-fied.
    Seriously... "hey that name that came out of the civil rights movements and is mostly used by blacks is stupid and ghetto and all those people are unqualified." really says a ton.

  19. #1219
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    This is the same Chadwix, who (despite his backpedaling) believed wholeheartedly and tried to prove that the Klan isn't/wasn't ever a racist organization "because they have black members."
    Separatist's more so than racists, modern got racist. Give me credit though i was pulling out some weird ass links

    "Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all."

    Ive been using blacks as an example since the employment section of the thread. Its the best example because english is a first language, unlike a lot of other minorities.

  20. #1220
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I'm not talking about a scholarship I'm talking about quantifying to get into a collage or applying for certain jobs

    why is it fair to lower the qualification for a minority to enter collage or qualify for certain jobs and use the argument that it is just because they where underprivileged and didn't have the same access to a better education which has nothing to do with race but everything to do with their economic status, but a poor whit kid with the same economic status does not receive any special consideration when they apply to a college or apply for certain jobs hence they are discriminated against because of their race
    Bingo, Vyxn gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •