Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right so they look at the resumes and instead of looking at their actual resume and their qualifications they see "Toynetta" and go "trash, probably ghetto. Ooh Emily, I bet she's a nice girl from the suburbs."
    It's most likely subconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Separatist's more so than racists, modern got racist. Give me credit though i was pulling out some weird ass links

"Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all."

Ive been using blacks as an example since the employment section of the thread. Its the best example because english is a first language, unlike a lot of other minorities.
    So when they were burning blacks, hanging blacks, lighting crosses, and fire bombing blacks they were what then? Separatist?

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    It's most likely subconscious.
    This is the point of AA to curb conscious and SUBCONSCIOUS racism. Many whites prefer to hire whites subconsciously, they're not meaning to do it, but they do it anyway. They go after the names and the people that are most like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    I have put solutions forward multiple times. The solution is incredibly simple, stop dividing people by race. Some people are disadvantaged, why does it matter what color they are? Educate people and teach them how to overcome disadvantage.
    And I wish it were like that. Oh how I do!! The world would be so much better off. The problem is....there are ignorant people out there. There are people out there who would not give you a job because you are white, black, asian, etc. What do we do about that? People put in AA because minorities weren't being treated fairly, now AA is here...whites are complaining...what happens if we take AA out? Is the world miraculously going to stop discriminating against one another? What happens if it starts the whole cycle again?

I wish you could just grab all the kids of the next generation and just tell them to stop discriminating people based on color, but you can't. There are stupid people out there who hate you because of your color. What is there to do? Education can go far, but then it is also up to individual to make up their mind on how they want to treat people. Sadly, people can be stupid.

Deleted
    This is the point of AA to curb conscious and SUBCONSCIOUS racism. Many whites prefer to hire whites subconsciously, they're not meaning to do it, but they do it anyway. They go after the names and the people that are most like them.
    Even you have to admit that you're starting to sound a bit creepy. And there's nothing wrong with hiring people who you can relate to.

And why is no one adressing perhaps the biggest race related issue in the US? The incredibly racist judicial system.

White people aren't being discriminated against. It probably has something to do with a country trying to rectify their hatred of those "coloureds" for centuries, which led to some socioeconomic issues of those groups.
    I was born 28 years ago, i never hated colored people, why would i have to pay for what over people of my race have done, this comment is racist in assuming that all whites are racist and must pay for what we have done. you are labeling whites as guilty from birth for past actions never committed by them.

If the name is known to give you a disadvantage, would you not consider it a stupid decision to name your child that? Hence, a stupid name. Hitler is a white name, it is also a stupid name. I'm sorry you are extremely racist, but this is not a race issue, it's a naming issue.
    Hitler was a man who is responsible for tens of millions of deaths. Toynetta is a black centric name. There is no bad history is the name, other than blacks tend to have that name more than whites. "Hey you shouldn't name your child a name that is black centric and has history in the civil rights movement that your mother or father may have been apart of, you should name them a more Euro name!"

How the fuck is booshman racist?!

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    I was born 28 years ago, i never hated colored people, why would i have to pay for what over people of my race have done, this comment is racist in assuming that all whites are racist and must pay for what we have done. you are labeling whites as guilty from birth for past actions never committed by them.
    Where did I say all whites are racist? Where did I say all whites are guilty? What I said was the reason for it existing.

If the name is known to give you a disadvantage, would you not consider it a stupid decision to name your child that? Hence, a stupid name. Hitler is a white name, it is also a stupid name. I'm sorry you are extremely racist, but this is not a race issue, it's a naming issue.
    Ignoring the REASONS for Hitler do you can compare it to something "Deshawn" is both stupid and dishonest. The depths some white posters on the wrong side of the tracks (in this thread especially) go to in order to legitimize their nonsense is just hilarious. But I guess it's better to put the responsibility on those your side is being infair against, than working to fix the stupidity on your own side.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Even you have to admit that you're starting to sound a bit creepy. And there's nothing wrong with hiring people who you can relate to.

And why is no one adressing perhaps the biggest race related issue in the US? The incredibly racist judicial system.
    Really I am sounding creepy saying that te point of AA is to curb conscious and subconscious racism? This is what all the universities say and the studies, but I guess it's "creepy" to say so.

I'm hungry...../derails thread

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Ignoring the REASONS for Hitler do you can compare it to something "Deshawn" is both stupid and dishonest. The depths some white posters on the wrong side of the tracks (in this thread especially) go to in order to legitimize their nonsense is just hilarious. But I guess it's better to put the responsibility on those your side is being infair against, than working to fix the stupidity on your own side.
    Typically when someone needs to call everyone stupid in every post, it's a compensation for their own flaw.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    I'm hungry...../derails thread
    I feel like a chicken tortilla. Go, get this for me!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Right so they look at the resumes and instead of looking at their actual resume and their qualifications they see "Toynetta" and go "trash, probably ghetto. Ooh Emily, I bet she's a nice girl from the suburbs."
    At my company we give the caucasians white folders, hispanic's yellow folders and african american people black folders. Makes it a lot easier to sort them out

Where did I say all whites are racist? Where did I say all whites are guilty? What I said was the reason for it existing.
    well this is exactly the same a company never hiring colored people again cause they had one or two bad colored workers. You want all white people to pay for what a minority of their ancestors did, it is complete and utter bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I feel like a chicken tortilla. Go, get this for me!
    Uh oh, the chicken reference might be racist!
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    oh shit

you're right

black people like chicken

uh fuck

watermelon tortilla?

wait no
    no
    this is going all wwrong
    no
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Something which is inherently racist cannot be used as a cure to racism.

Trying to cure racism by using affirmative action is like trying to cure a severed artery with a stapler.

The problem of racism is a systemic issue; the solution to it is necessarily comprehensive.

To get more non-caucasian people in to positions necessitates going right back to the basics and reworking the education system. If you want to put people on an even footing, which is a good goal, then you have to put them on an even footing.

Schools which are having trouble with graduation rates and test scores need the most funding, not the least. Tests have to be reworked to not be those dismally stupid multiple-guess tests which don't demonstrate ability to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    No one implied it was racist. I didn't even think it was even if they knew I was black. Stop bringing shit up that is not even there. Just causes more trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    oh shit

you're right

black people like chicken

uh fuck

watermelon tortilla?

wait no
    no
    this is going all wwrong
    no
    Chicken is good O_o I don't like watermelon though. Why are people bringing in race to something when I was trying to derail the thread? *sigh*
    Last edited by GG4Eva; 2013-02-03 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    No one implied it was racist. I didn't even think it was even if they knew I was black. Stop bringing shit up that is not even there. Just causes more trouble.
    not causing trouble implies this thread has merit, and we've already godwin'ed the thread, so this is really just a playground now

Universities only get away with still using AA because they got away with claiming it was integral to a proper education that they have diverse representative campus.

It's bullshit, but so far accepted bullshit.

All you need to educate is a curriculum and standards.

It is more than possibru, i am a white south african, look that stuff up a bit...