Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Prostitution loophole?

    Sorry if I'm bad at describing, but let's say you open a massage clinic, and all your staff is SECRETLY ordered to offer sex to the costumers. Like the staff will never admit to being ordered to the police.

    But everyone who attends it will tell their friends and now everyone goes there for sex (both men and women), but they will never admit to selling it.

    Can you legally get away with it if you're not advertising for it?

  2. #2
    Uh, well, sure, but that's a pretty big damn assumption that nobody will admit it. On top of that, you'd better hope you don't wind up with a cop as a client (even if it's not a sting operation, they could still shut you down).

    People have pretty big mouths, never forget that.

    Edit, because I'm sure someone will mention it: A non-disclosure agreement would be invalidated because they aren't able to prevent an employee/customer from speaking up about something which is against the law. If you tried to include such a clause in the NDA, it would be immediately invalidated if contested (which any lawyer worth his salt would do).

  3. #3
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,248
    No, you're responsible for what's happening there. It'd be seen as negligence at a minimum.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    As a Dutch person... hah, nevermind too easy.

  5. #5
    or we could just legalize, regulate and tax prostitution. instead of being little bitches about it.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    That's not legally getting away with anything it's just lying hahaha.

  7. #7
    Unless they catch you red handed (photos, video, cop sees it), I don't think they can get you on the spot. This doesn't mean they wont look into it, of course.

    Not a lawyer.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    Uh, well, sure, but that's a pretty big damn assumption that nobody will admit it. On top of that, you'd better hope you don't wind up with a cop as a client (even if it's not a sting operation, they could still shut you down).

    People have pretty big mouths, never forget that.
    But maybe let's say that they won't offer sex BUT if the clients ask, they will obey.

  9. #9
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,349
    An undercover police officer would eventually show up with a hidden recording device.

  10. #10
    Ordering your staff to have sex with customers? Sounds like sexual slavery more than prostitution.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    But maybe let's say that they won't offer sex BUT if the clients ask, they will obey.
    It's still prostitution, and I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to get a staff who would be willing to have sex with anyone who came in for a massage and asked (keeping in mind, there's ZERO proof these people are HIV/AIDS/herpes/syphilis/etc. free), as well as the fact that the moment any word gets out, a sting is DEFINITELY gonna be set up.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    An undercover police officer would eventually show up with a hidden recording device.
    I don't think that would be a problem, as cops and media may very well know about it. But they never advertise for sex and the staff will never admit to being told to have it.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,168
    What i don't get, is that if you pay for sex, it's illegal, and counted as prostitution, Yet film it, call it porn, and it's perfectly legal xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    Ordering your staff to have sex with customers? Sounds like sexual slavery more than prostitution.
    Alright, let's instead say that you and a group of friends start it, and everyone is staff that performs massage. Everyone agrees to it etc, and they get a ton of cash because of it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I don't think that would be a problem, as cops and media may very well know about it. But they never advertise for sex and the staff will never admit to being told to have it.
    Here's the flaw in your theory. Find me a staff of even three people who are licensed massage therapists who will willingly have sex with strangers who may have life-threatening sexually transmittable diseases (and you'd never know until you yourself got tested later) and will NEVER breathe a word of it to ANYONE--including after they quit or are fired, and no longer have a reason to keep quiet. If anything, they'd have reason to speak up then, because media and whatnot would pay big for a story like this.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    What i don't get, is that if you pay for sex, it's illegal, and counted as prostitution, Yet film it, call it porn, and it's perfectly legal xD
    THIS, have a camera in the room, if the police say prostitution if going on, say yes sex is happening but we're filming it, so it is PORN which is legal then /flex.

  17. #17
    In England pimping and multiple prostitutes in the same residence is illegal. As long as you are the only person in your residence selling your own services then it's perfectly legal.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    THIS, have a camera in the room, if the police say prostitution if going on, say yes sex is happening but we're filming it, so it is PORN which is legal then /flex.
    You'd also have to get agreements from the customers stating they agreed to be filmed having sex. In addition, you have to -sell- the tapes for it to be legally pornography, not just film it.

  19. #19
    There is a case currently being looked at that is similar to this: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...eal-fails?lite

  20. #20
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    or we could just legalize, regulate and tax prostitution. instead of being little bitches about it.
    This pretty much.

    And i think this is what they do in japan with say "soaplands" in all honesty LOL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •