Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Losing my embers while waiting for tank to pull Annoying!!!!!!!! Pls fix Bliz

It's really annoying for a lock to build up his embers before a boss pull, to just lose them while waiting for the tank to pull. Blizzard needs to look into this and either change or take away completely!

Write it on the official forum, not here.

Deleted
    100% support. Just like I support Maelstorm weapon procs too

Sounds like Holy Power...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So, you're saying that you should get to start with four Chaos Bolts? Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard will agree about that.

Totally wouldn't break pvp

don't waste saving embers before pull, problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Why try to repair something that isn't broken? I don't complain about my disco priest mana-saving-dps-and-healing-increasing-buff-whatsitsname wearing off, because that's how they work and are suppose to work.

I can just imagine the OP's raid scenario.

OP-HOLY FUCK GUYS HURRY UP AND PULL ALREDY!! LOSING VALUUUUUUABLE EMBERS OVER HERE!!
    Tank-Hold on a sec people are still eating
    OP-I DONT GIVE A SHIT!!! PULLING! ROOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR

opthewarlock dies

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I can just imagine the OP's raid scenario.

OP-HOLY FUCK GUYS HURRY UP AND PULL ALREDY!! LOSING VALUUUUUUABLE EMBERS OVER HERE!!
    Tank-Hold on a sec people are still eating
    OP-I DONT GIVE A SHIT!!! PULLING! ROOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR

opthewarlock dies
    Thats a little extreme. However its a case that all resource building classes suffer from and something that isn't likely to change. Full fury or embers at a start of a fight can really boost a warlocks damage so it shouldn't be something dismissed in hyperbole.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Thats a little extreme. However its a case that all resource building classes suffer from and something that isn't likely to change. Full fury or embers at a start of a fight can really boost a warlocks damage so it shouldn't be something dismissed in hyperbole.
    Same thing has happened to warriors for years, Pallies with holy power that decays when out of combat etc etc. Its not a warlock only problem OP. My only real problem with it is tanks that sit and wait when everyone has eaten and buffed and ready to go. Its like they are just waiting for your resource to fully decay before they pull. But now that a lock has complained blizzard might do something to fix it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Same thing has happened to warriors for years, Pallies with holy power that decays when out of combat etc etc. Its not a warlock only problem OP.
    Agree, it's something that should be fixed because it's not a warlock-only problem.

You're not meant to start with Embers though, it's something worth doing because it boosts your damage but balancing that against the headache is intentional.

You don't want Blizzard to fix it, because if they did it'd be with the Monk method of resetting them to 1 every time a boss gets pulled (even if Monks have found a way around that) and then you wouldn't get any "extra" damage at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sounds like Holy Power...
    Except Holy Power is easier to build compared to Embers

Deleted
    My advice : try to use all your embers on the trashs (ok it might be hard with SB ), best way for not raging during 3 minutes while people are casually taking their food.

Deleted
    reminds me a bit of affliction, where i soulburn prefight and hope the tank pulls in the 10sec window where i have 4 shards + soulburn up. every pull is a gamble. and no my guild doesnt want to make a 20sec+ pull timer ^^

You can complain about this in 5.0. In 5.1, getting those embers back isn't really hard.

Blizzard does balance assuming you are starting from a set point resource wise on every pull. If they didn't degrade of out combat we would see a repeat of Cata boomkiins that had to either quit trash early or find critters so they could get setup right. Besides a majority of your pulls you won't have those embers so why worry about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    often when I have a proc on any class i'm just normally like "fuck it im pulling" You Should try it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Write it on the official forum, not here.
    Why? Blizzard has said time and time again they also take feedback from fansites and MMO-Champion is the biggest one.