Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The explanation is simple. They haven't started tuning numbers yet. If you've been following patch notes, the changes being made are mostly mechanical.

They almost always try and get the mechanical stuff locked down to make sure everything's working properly, and THEN try and tune numbers, since if they do it the other way around, chances are the mechanical adjustments require further numbers tweaks.
    Yea i am aware that they haven't started to tune numbers.

But then again, why did GC wrote "ele may be low" and now "ele is fine" with no changes to the actual numbers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But then again, why did GC wrote "ele may be low" and now "ele is fine" with no changes to the actual numbers?
    Keyword "may be low" imho

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the question was pretty vague, and there's no clear statement that he was talking about DPS specifically in the more recent tweet. That he referenced survivability for ele is a suggestion that he was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because the question was pretty vague, and there's no clear statement that he was talking about DPS specifically in the more recent tweet. That he referenced survivability for ele is a suggestion that he was not.
    Very true that the question doesn't specifically refers to dps but from what i've seen "PvE" is very often another word for "Dps" here because that's what PvE is mostly about as Dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mlodgor View Post
    Keyword "may be low" imho
    Yet it would be still funny that those 3 other Specs mentioned received some Changes in terms of mechanics / Numbers while Elemental is suddenly fine.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-03 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    Yet it would be still funny that those 3 other Specs mentioned received some Changes in terms of mechanics / Numbers while Elemental is suddenly fine.
    Maybe it's about chain lightning change, not single target DPS? He said "PvE", not "single target dps", or "dps". We are strong cleavers, so our lower single target damage balance it out. Problem is that most fights(not sure about T15) prefers single target or multidot, not cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by mlodgor View Post
    Maybe it's about chain lightning change, not single target DPS? He said "PvE", not "single target dps", or "dps". We are strong cleavers, so our lower single target damage balance it out. Problem is that most fights(not sure about T15) prefers single target or multidot, not cleave.
    It would be a kind of leap of logic if he's suddenly refering to AoE / Cleave, i mean this question was actually about Dps Shaman, so you have to include Enhancement as well, which aren't that big on Cleave and their AoE is a bit clunky / huge ramp up time.

Edit:

From what i have seen on the PTR so far there are a few Encounters where you can use Cl, i haven't tested Jin'rokh, Council of Elders, Dumoro the Forgotten and Primorious so far.

On Horridon & Tortos you can decently use Cl, Horridon P1 is actually pretty good there, because those add waves usually consist 4-5 Mobs.

And Tortos you can AoE those Bats down quite good, Dark Animus leaves some space for Cleave.

However, Magera, Lei Shen, Iron Qon and Twin Consorts are pretty much Single Target, multi dotting isn't that big on these Encounters as well but still, you cannot say "You got Cl, so weaker single target dps" while saying "We're fine that multi dot specs are ahead on encounters that allow multi dotting".

Single target dps should never suffer because you shine in a different situation, Single target is the basic type where any spec should have a chance to keep up with other dps.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-03 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Jin'rokh is a single target DPS fight. Council of Elders is a multidot fight, cleave is very limited there.

Single target dps should never suffer because you shine in a different situation, Single target is the basic type where any spec should have a chance to keep up with other dps.
    I agree, I was just trying to understand GC's tweets.