Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Sometimes I wish the people on twitter had a clue. Most of them are there just to vent rage and don't provide any structured or robust feedback.
    Twitter doesn't leave much room for structure, but it mostly should be used like "ask a question and move along" and not "ask a question and insult the dev's at the same time".
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  2. #62
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "Pretty happy with PvE overall. Arcane will be fine without Scorch spam. Aff may be too high. UH, Sub, Ele, Arms may be low."
    Tweet from 21.December.

    WTB Explanation.
    The explanation is simple. They haven't started tuning numbers yet. If you've been following patch notes, the changes being made are mostly mechanical.

    They almost always try and get the mechanical stuff locked down to make sure everything's working properly, and THEN try and tune numbers, since if they do it the other way around, chances are the mechanical adjustments require further numbers tweaks.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The explanation is simple. They haven't started tuning numbers yet. If you've been following patch notes, the changes being made are mostly mechanical.

    They almost always try and get the mechanical stuff locked down to make sure everything's working properly, and THEN try and tune numbers, since if they do it the other way around, chances are the mechanical adjustments require further numbers tweaks.
    Yea i am aware that they haven't started to tune numbers.

    But then again, why did GC wrote "ele may be low" and now "ele is fine" with no changes to the actual numbers?
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But then again, why did GC wrote "ele may be low" and now "ele is fine" with no changes to the actual numbers?
    Keyword "may be low" imho

  5. #65
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But then again, why did GC wrote "ele may be low" and now "ele is fine" with no changes to the actual numbers?
    Because the question was pretty vague, and there's no clear statement that he was talking about DPS specifically in the more recent tweet. That he referenced survivability for ele is a suggestion that he was not.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because the question was pretty vague, and there's no clear statement that he was talking about DPS specifically in the more recent tweet. That he referenced survivability for ele is a suggestion that he was not.
    Very true that the question doesn't specifically refers to dps but from what i've seen "PvE" is very often another word for "Dps" here because that's what PvE is mostly about as Dps spec.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlodgor View Post
    Keyword "may be low" imho
    Yet it would be still funny that those 3 other Specs mentioned received some Changes in terms of mechanics / Numbers while Elemental is suddenly fine.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-03 at 12:41 AM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yet it would be still funny that those 3 other Specs mentioned received some Changes in terms of mechanics / Numbers while Elemental is suddenly fine.
    Maybe it's about chain lightning change, not single target DPS? He said "PvE", not "single target dps", or "dps". We are strong cleavers, so our lower single target damage balance it out. Problem is that most fights(not sure about T15) prefers single target or multidot, not cleave.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by mlodgor View Post
    Maybe it's about chain lightning change, not single target DPS? He said "PvE", not "single target dps", or "dps". We are strong cleavers, so our lower single target damage balance it out. Problem is that most fights(not sure about T15) prefers single target or multidot, not cleave.
    It would be a kind of leap of logic if he's suddenly refering to AoE / Cleave, i mean this question was actually about Dps Shaman, so you have to include Enhancement as well, which aren't that big on Cleave and their AoE is a bit clunky / huge ramp up time.

    Edit:

    From what i have seen on the PTR so far there are a few Encounters where you can use Cl, i haven't tested Jin'rokh, Council of Elders, Dumoro the Forgotten and Primorious so far.

    On Horridon & Tortos you can decently use Cl, Horridon P1 is actually pretty good there, because those add waves usually consist 4-5 Mobs.

    And Tortos you can AoE those Bats down quite good, Dark Animus leaves some space for Cleave.

    However, Magera, Lei Shen, Iron Qon and Twin Consorts are pretty much Single Target, multi dotting isn't that big on these Encounters as well but still, you cannot say "You got Cl, so weaker single target dps" while saying "We're fine that multi dot specs are ahead on encounters that allow multi dotting".

    Single target dps should never suffer because you shine in a different situation, Single target is the basic type where any spec should have a chance to keep up with other dps.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-03 at 02:45 PM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  9. #69
    Jin'rokh is a single target DPS fight. Council of Elders is a multidot fight, cleave is very limited there.

    Single target dps should never suffer because you shine in a different situation, Single target is the basic type where any spec should have a chance to keep up with other dps.
    I agree, I was just trying to understand GC's tweets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •