Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Give Disc an interrupt!

So correct me if I'm wrong, but Disc doesn't have an interrupt/silence.

Holy and Shadow both have one, so why can't Disc? Especially, since we are token DPS these days?

I'm often carrying the DPS in my daily 5 man and since DPS don't understand that they can do more than hit 4 buttons (poorly), I don't mind being able to take over the interrupt role as well.

You're referring to chastise?

The interrupt is not working in any raid content. Because it's not really an interrupt, it's a disorient effect, to which all raid mobs are immune.
    Quite cool in PVP, but utterly useless in PVE.

But to be honest, I find it more likely that holy loses Chastise than disc gaining an interrupt. There's already too much stuff like that in the game, and it's messing up PVP.
    Apart from the rather bizarre-minded holy PVP community, I don't think anyone would care
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Interesting, did not know that about Chastise.

Still, would very much like to have an interrupt ability. If you hook it up with diminished returns and have it's effectiveness reduced by PvP Resil, it'd be a much lesser impact on PvP and a nice addition to PvE for when you are stuck with abysmal tank/dps.

I think a better question is how many other classes do not have an interrupt/silence? And no, I don't count psychic scream in this category.

Deleted
    Psychic Scream?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I think a better question is how many other classes do not have an interrupt/silence? And no, I don't count psychic scream in this category.
    I am under the impression that all Tanks and DPS have some sort of stun. Did not fact check this, but I believe it to be true.

I was also under the impression that all Healers did not have an interrupt or stun. Then I went a searching for this one and would love to be corrected as I have not played all classes in a raid environment and am unhappy with my findings.

HPally - 2 - Hammer of Justice, Rebuke
    Resto Druid - 0
    Disc/Holy Priest - 0
    Resto Shaman - 1 - Wind Shear
    Mistwalker - 1 - Spear Hand Strike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simland View Post
    I am under the impression that all Tanks and DPS have some sort of stun. Did not fact check this, but I believe it to be true.

I was also under the impression that all Healers did not have an interrupt or stun. Then I went a searching for this one and would love to be corrected as I have not played all classes in a raid environment and am unhappy with my findings.

HPally - 2 - Hammer of Justice, Rebuke
    Resto Druid - 0
    Disc/Holy Priest - 0
    Resto Shaman - 1 - Wind Shear
    Mistwalker - 1 - Spear Hand Strike

Stuns and interrupts are not the same thing. If you are going to count them, you need to count all CC because they all could be used to "interrupt" a spellcast(in pvp).

Paladins have 1 interrupt, Rebuke. HoJ is a stun will not work on most raid/dungeon bosses. And for pvp you can trinket a stun but not a lockout. I am pretty sure Resto druids have an interrupt, they just have to switch forms to use it (and on that note they have a stun as well).
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-01-29 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Stuns and interrupts are not the same thing. If you are going to count them, you need to count all CC because they all could be used to "interrupt" a spellcast(in pvp).

Paladins have 1 interrupt, Rebuke. HoJ is a stun will not work on most raid/dungeon bosses. And for pvp you can trinket a stun but not a lockout. I am pretty sure Resto druids have an interrupt, they just have to switch forms to use it (and on that note they have a stun as well).
    I believe you need to be speced into Balance to get Solar Beam, if that is what you are thinking of. I really have 0 play time on my druid since MoP. Priest, DK and Pally have gotten all the attention.

I'm strictly concerned with interrupts for PvE purposes.

So the list is:
    1) HPal - 1
    2) Resto Sham - 1
    3) Mistwalker - 1
    4) Resto Druid - 0
    5) D/H Priest - 0

Resto druids can spec into a stun, mighty bash in the talent tree.

Deleted
    Resto druid used to have Skull Bash, now it's Feral/Guardian only. Resto Druid has no interrupt.

Deleted
    Maybe give Disc priests an interrupt but it may cause a problem in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Nemonespot View Post
    You know, that is my initial knee jerk reaction as well...but it only makes sense to me that each healer class has at least 1 interrupt. Could make it melee range if worried about locking someone down from a distance.

go go roll belf
    At least thats 1 interupt
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

My Pally is lvl 88, I consider that a close second, but it doesn't mean I won't keep advocating for Priest rights! Give me Interrupts or Give me Death! ... because the DPS won't interrupt, the tank is stunned and it's causing death.

I've been playing resto druid in pvp lately.
    We do have an interrupt if we glyph for it: we can take a faerie fire glyph that turns it into an interrupt but gives it a 15 second cd, usable in bear form. Quite easy to shift into bear, interrupt, and back out. Typhoon also acts sort of like an interrupt, but doesn't work on bosses.

That's not counting my other 6 forms of crowd control, depending on race and who I have on symbiosis.

On topic, though, it's a hard debate. Disc/Holy lack a bit in PvP, namely for Disc because it lacks control (all you can really do is fear or root). Holy lacks in PvP for the same and other reasons. But PvP already has a lot of crowd control and interrupts. PvE it wouldn't really hurt, doesn't matter much if every class has an interrupt, other than it starts to take away from class diversity.
    Last edited by Kaizun; 2013-01-30 at 05:41 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Run to the enemy caster and use Psychic Scream?

Deleted
    Chastise (although holy only) does work on some trash and mobs. As does Psychic Scream, and Shackle Undead. Blood Elf is another option (a short range interrupt), as is Tauren's war stomp (which is a stun). Of all of these options only belf is viable on boss. If you find it incredibly important in your 5m, roll belf.

Quote Originally Posted by simland View Post
    Interesting, did not know that about Chastise.

Still, would very much like to have an interrupt ability. If you hook it up with diminished returns and have it's effectiveness reduced by PvP Resil, it'd be a much lesser impact on PvP and a nice addition to PvE for when you are stuck with abysmal tank/dps.
    Interupt with effectiveness reduced by resil, WUT

Also if you are having trouble healing 5 mans, the problem isnt interupts, it is:

1. You are healing wrong, and/or
    2. You aren't geared enough.

5 mans are a joke, sorry to be so blunt, but they really are.
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2013-02-01 at 02:01 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    No you're already horribly overpowered and getting heaps of buffs next patch. You get like 4 of your glyphs/talents baked in baseline. Get out of here.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemonespot View Post
    lol, not even close. In fact, the lack of CC for disc has is truly pathetic. FFS, even holy has more CC than disc...

Classes with silence/interrupts.
    DK - 2
    Druid -DPS/Tank - 1, Resto - 0
    Hunters - 2
    Mages - 1
    Monks - 1
    Pally - Healing/DPS - 1, Prot - 2
    Priests - Healing - 0, Spriest - 2
    Rouges- 3
    Shaman - 1
    Warlocks - Affl/Destro - 1, Demo - 2
    Warriors - 2

Priests and druids are the only healers without a silence or interrupt, but druids have cyclone.

What's so infuriating, is the solution is rather simple: return MC to a baseline ability, and replace it with silence. Why Blizzard even thinks MC should be a talent is totally beyond me; it's by far, the worst CC in the game because it CC's both the caster AND target.