Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Holy has Chastise, but they must get into red chakra (which is a decision which sticks for 30 sec).

MC is a gap widener / CC like Void Tendrils and Psyfiend.

Disc currently suffers from a reverse of the shadow issue:

Shadow is bad in PvE, good in PvP.
    Disc is bad in PvP, good in PvE.

Touching the spec to fix one content type will affect the other content type.

Interrupt =/= instant CC. An interrupt is something that locks you out of the school you were casting. They are instant and off the GCD. Here is a list of what does that:

-DK - Mind freeze (strangulate can be glyphed to provide extra lockout when you hit someone who is casting, but is on GCD).
    -Druid: Balance - Solar beam (provides an extra second when you hit someone who is casting), Feral/guardian - Skull bash, Resto - None.
    -Monk - Spear hand strike (not sure if this fits into silence or interrupt, no experience playing with or against monks).
    -Mage - Counterspell
    -Hunter - Silencing shot (provides extra second when you hit someone who is casting).
    -Paladin - Rebuke (all specs).
    -Priest - None (all specs).
    -Rogue - Kick.
    -Shaman - Wind Shear (all specs).
    -Warlock - Spell lock (from felhunter pet or sac'ing felhunter pet).
    -Warrior - Pummel.

Disc does not need an interrupt. Its already too hard to cast in this game, and we need less interrupts, not more.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Interrupt =/= instant CC. An interrupt is something that locks you out of the school you were casting. They are instant and off the GCD. Here is a list of what does that:

(snip)
    -Priest - None (all specs).
    (snip)
    Shadow priests have the Silence spell, which prevents spell casting for 5s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    Resto druid used to have Skull Bash, now it's Feral/Guardian only. Resto Druid has no interrupt.
    That's not true..
    Resto druids can spec into a stun, mighty bash in the talent tree.
    This is true.
    And you don't even have to switch forms.....
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5211

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That's not true..
    This is true.
    Resto druids do NOT have an interrupt. Just because Mighty Bash can act as an interrupt, it doesn't make it an interrupt. Fear, Psychic Scream, Paralysis, Polymorph, Hammer of Justice and many others can act as interrupts because they stop a cast (in PvP), but they are not real interrupts like Mind Freeze or Kick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

You don't have to silence somebody to interrupt them. And disc doesn't need that many interrupts considering you have shadow word: death to avoid those casted crowd control spells.

You can also fear to interrupt. No need for anything else. Priests don't lack ccs, its just that they gave some classes too many ccs and gave other classes that many cc avoidance skills that classes that didn't get new ccs feel like they are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Shadow priests have the Silence spell, which prevents spell casting for 5s.
    This is a silence, not an interrupt. CC =/= interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Interupt with effectiveness reduced by resil, WUT

Also if you are having trouble healing 5 mans, the problem isnt interupts, it is:

1. You are healing wrong, and/or
    2. You aren't geared enough.

5 mans are a joke, sorry to be so blunt, but they really are.
    5 Mans are a joke, but I don't see why I can't be top DPS as Disc and also tops on the interrupt count. All I want is one with a 15 sec cool down. That's not much to ask for.

I never ever bother with Mind Control. It's usually trinketed out of anyway, or broken in some fashion. And yes it also prevents us from doing anything else.
    My priest is a blood elf, so I've got arcane torrent, but it's got a 2 minute cd AND I have to move within 8 yards of whoever I want to use it on. It's a rare occasion it gets used efficiently.

It would be nice to have a ranged silence, or maybe even give our shadow fiend a silence.

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    This is a silence, not an interrupt. CC =/= interrupt.
    I think there is confusion over the specific classifications that some people are using to distinguish abilities/spells. I am not involved in PvP, so I look for someone to respond and break it down, but my thought (and I think a lot of other folks) is that CC entails a lot of different things with varying categories:
    Loss of Control
    Silence
    Snares (slows) and Roots
    Spell Lock

To me, all of these things are classified as CC. Coming from a PvE perspective, anything that can stop a spell cast, be it stun, silence, counterspell, or w/e, I call it an interrupt. The OP is specifically referencing a PvE environment where they would like to be able to stop casting mobs or bosses. When people say things like it acts like an interrupt but isn't an interrupt, that's confusing to us non-PvP folks. Your specific distinctions don't really make sense in a PvE context. How can something interrupt a spell cast or be used to interrupt a spell cast, but not be an interrupt? Isn't that the definition of interrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That's not true..
    This is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Resto druids do NOT have an interrupt. Just because Mighty Bash can act as an interrupt, it doesn't make it an interrupt. Fear, Psychic Scream, Paralysis, Polymorph, Hammer of Justice and many others can act as interrupts because they stop a cast (in PvP), but they are not real interrupts like Mind Freeze or Kick.
    ^ This, Very much this.

And tell me. As a healer, How often are you SO close to an add or boss that you can PHYSICALLY interrupt them? Please go on...tell me.......oh? Nothing? Well okay then.

Mighty Bash, Druids have to go out of their WAY to run across an room to STUN an add. Mighty Bash is a STUN which -Gasp- Means it has limited use. Considering most adds/bosses are -Gasp- Immune to STUNS

Priests...You get nerfed and start pointing the fingers at other classes.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-02-05 at 03:40 PM.

A better solution would be to remove half of the interrupts ingame and balance casters around that

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I think there is confusion over the specific classifications that some people are using to distinguish abilities/spells. I am not involved in PvP, so I look for someone to respond and break it down, but my thought (and I think a lot of other folks) is that CC entails a lot of different things with varying categories:
    Loss of Control
    Silence
    Snares (slows) and Roots
    Spell Lock

To me, all of these things are classified as CC. Coming from a PvE perspective, anything that can stop a spell cast, be it stun, silence, counterspell, or w/e, I call it an interrupt. The OP is specifically referencing a PvE environment where they would like to be able to stop casting mobs or bosses. When people say things like it acts like an interrupt but isn't an interrupt, that's confusing to us non-PvP folks. Your specific distinctions don't really make sense in a PvE context. How can something interrupt a spell cast or be used to interrupt a spell cast, but not be an interrupt? Isn't that the definition of interrupt?
    The list I posted above is generally what can be used to interrupt boss casts. While some of the abilities you listed can be used on adds or mobs in PVE, if you try and HOJ/Bash/Silence/Gouge/etc a boss cast (raid or dungeon) it will not work (usually because the boss is immune).

I see that the original context is 5-mans, which there is a huge list of instant abilities that can be used to interrupt a spell cast, as most of the mobs are not stun/fear/incapacitate immune. Priests definately have among the fewest abilities to interrupt a mob in a 5 man.

Well, currently of the six healing specs,paladins, resto shaman, and mistweavers have an interrupt. That leaves both priest specs and resto druids with no interrupt (you could count stuff like psyfiend and psychic scream, as these disrupt casting- but it's obvious that these are CCs that share DR, and don't have the cooldowns or powers of true interrupts.

I don't think resto druids or priests need an interrupt. I think healing priests do need some help though, in the pee vee pee.

Deleted
    No, we REALLY, REALLY don't need any more interrupts in PvP at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
    No, we REALLY, REALLY don't need any more interrupts in PvP at the moment.
    Given you main a mage what you meant to say "you REALLY, REALLY don't need blabla". Also very CONVINCING premises to support your argument.

Deleted
    Actually my main is my priest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erxes/advanced but I haven't bothered changing my sig. And I still stand by it, we really don't need more interrupts in PvP at the moment, especially not in arena. We need to get rid of some of them from the game to actually be able to have casters casting again but that probably won't happen since blizzard don't balance this game around PvP.

But hey from what I've seen around these forums the most people do PvP wise is random bgs and a few 2s games every week to get their conquest points. A reply like yours was expected.
    Last edited by mmoc1a4db8ee37; 2013-02-06 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
    [...] And I still stand by it, we really don't need more interrupts in PvP at the moment, especially not in arena. We need to get rid of some of them from the game to actually be able to have casters casting again but that probably won't happen since blizzard don't balance this game around PvP. [...]
    I'm glad you've been able to post 2 sentences without falling back to fallacies.

Your argument is: don't buff disc with an interrupt, nerf other classes' interrupt. OK, thank you for your contribution. Bye.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-02-06 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    Priests and druids are the only healers without a silence or interrupt, but druids have cyclone.
    Can't druids technically swap to bear or cat and Skull Bash? Or is that spell only available to Feral and Guardian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I think that would be a bit overpowered, priest generally contributes to control comps which it still does relatively well, adding an interrupt is overkill. The problem with disc PvP representation isn't the priest themselves as as it is the prevalence of warriors and weakness of rogue control, both of which are remedied in 5.2.