Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't druids technically swap to bear or cat and Skull Bash? Or is that spell only available to Feral and Guardian?
    Resto Druid don't have Skull Bash.

To the rest of the thread:

An interrupt is a specific and narrow set of abilities, not just any random-ass skill you can think of.

You'd look very silly indeed if you joined, for example, a MSV group and told the group that you'd interrupt the Spirit Kings with your mighty Psychic Scream.

I personally don't think the game needs more interrupts, no matter how much i'd like one.

Never mind raids or PvP, I just want to be able to solo 90 panda rares, which I can't without being able to interrupt their self-heal :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    The list I posted above is generally what can be used to interrupt boss casts. While some of the abilities you listed can be used on adds or mobs in PVE, if you try and HOJ/Bash/Silence/Gouge/etc a boss cast (raid or dungeon) it will not work (usually because the boss is immune).
    You can use silence to interrupt bosses - it has a non-player interrupt mechanic; it's a 3s spell lock on non-player casting.

The main difference between CC like fear and interrupts is that interrupts don't have DR. If you run up to someone and use psychic scream and they're fear immune you're out of luck. That never happens for interrupts; you press the button, their cast is interrupted. Also being off the GCD really helps (fear isn't).

As it stands only shadow has an interrupt of sorts in silence, and it has a long cooldown given the length of interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Never mind raids or PvP, I just want to be able to solo 90 panda rares, which I can't without being able to interrupt their self-heal :-)
    OMG thank you!

I know others understood this thread was directed at PvE, but yes, this is exactly my point. Quality of Life increase and make up for bad DPS.

I really could care less about PvP since it's a crap storm anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    You can use silence to interrupt bosses - it has a non-player interrupt mechanic; it's a 3s spell lock on non-player casting.

The main difference between CC like fear and interrupts is that interrupts don't have DR. If you run up to someone and use psychic scream and they're fear immune you're out of luck. That never happens for interrupts; you press the button, their cast is interrupted. Also being off the GCD really helps (fear isn't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemonespot View Post
    Maybe give Disc priests an interrupt but it may cause a problem in PvP
    I think giving Disc Priests an "Immune to Interrupt, Silence, Dispel" was a way of giving us an anti-interrupt to compensate for not having an interrupt. If we can both interrupt and not be interrupted that may be too imbalanced (of course its OK if other non-caster classes have that).

Holy Priests have Chastise, which is called a disorient effect. Since I don't remember ever being Chastised myself I can't say for sure, but I don't think Chastise is actually a disorient. Disorients do several things, but most importantly they cause a "loss of control of character" combined with a "change in orientation or position" similar to fear and scatter shot and even Blind. Simply "losing control of character" is not enough for a disorient effect, something else has to happen even if its simply the camera position changes or the character faces a different direction, something to represent "disorientation". To me, Chastise is a stun since it only has a "loss of control" effect and no "disorient", the tooltip is wrong.

Since Chastise is a stun it obviously doesn't work on bosses who are almost always immune to "loss of control" effects, otherwise you could simply chain stun through boss mechanics to avoid them entirely. Interrupts are a key part of certain boss mechanics, and you will see that identified in the Dungeon Journal as "this spell may be interrupted", and that excludes spells that cause a "loss of control" in almost all circumstances.

Except, there are certain PvE fights where stuns do work and using them helps win the encounter. The two I remember most are Cho'gall and Nefarian, because as Holy I actually used Chastise on those fights. In our current tier stuns work on the adds for Empress, in fact our tank kept dying to the adds until we realized you could stun them. Unfortunately Chastise is not an aoe stun, so it would only affect 1 target, but there's a place were a Holy Priest can actually reduce damage to the tank by Chastising, though I bet that no Holy Priest would have the GCDs available to do that unless they were dps'ing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Holy Priests have Chastise, which is called a disorient effect. Since I don't remember ever being Chastised myself I can't say for sure, but I don't think Chastise is actually a disorient. Disorients do several things, but most importantly they cause a "loss of control of character" combined with a "change in orientation or position" similar to fear and scatter shot and even Blind. Simply "losing control of character" is not enough for a disorient effect, something else has to happen even if its simply the camera position changes or the character faces a different direction, something to represent "disorientation". To me, Chastise is a stun since it only has a "loss of control" effect and no "disorient", the tooltip is wrong.
    I think you do turn around while chastised, in any event chastise is not a stun since it breaks on damage. If it doesn't make you turn it's an incapacitate not a stun (same as a rogue's gouge).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Except, there are certain PvE fights where stuns do work and using them helps win the encounter. The two I remember most are Cho'gall and Nefarian, because as Holy I actually used Chastise on those fights. In our current tier stuns work on the adds for Empress, in fact our tank kept dying to the adds until we realized you could stun them. Unfortunately Chastise is not an aoe stun, so it would only affect 1 target, but there's a place were a Holy Priest can actually reduce damage to the tank by Chastising, though I bet that no Holy Priest would have the GCDs available to do that unless they were dps'ing.
    Heroic spirit kings also has a stun the boss mechanic, but in any event chastise would be useless as it breaks on damage so would be instantly removed. A proper stun like HoJ or kidney shot works despite the target being pummelled.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to add a lot more interupts in my opinion that would balance things out.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I think you do turn around while chastised, in any event chastise is not a stun since it breaks on damage. If it doesn't make you turn it's an incapacitate not a stun (same as a rogue's gouge).

Heroic spirit kings also has a stun the boss mechanic, but in any event chastise would be useless as it breaks on damage so would be instantly removed. A proper stun like HoJ or kidney shot works despite the target being pummelled.
    OK, thanks. Chastised many times but never noticed it disorient them. Also didn't realize the nuance that a stun is only a stun if it can't be broken by damage.

A interrupt would be amazing I vote yes !