Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ah yes, the expected hardcore ad hominem argument.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:51 PM ----------

You ask that question after I GAVE YOU THE NUMBERS? DId you even bother to read what I wrote?
    I legitimately didn't even see the numbers when I read it.

I just woke up from a 3 hour nap so chill out. One sec @_@.

Huh. 5k. One sec about to do my own research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    My guess is before HotS, march 5th at the latest. February 12th the earliest.

But they kinda need to hurry up with the testing for that to happen, because so far it's not a whole lot that's been up on the PTR really.
    A couple of bosses have been tested once I believe, warlock quest chain isn't even testable etc.

So unless they speed up PTR patches, I could imagine them releasing the patch after HotS instead. Around the middle of march, which hopefully isn't the case.
    They will need 1 month to complete the development (over half of the bosses aren't ready) AND testing of throne, 25 fight modes if we ignore raid sizes. If they do release it when it's ready it can be a great raid, if they set a date on stone they might screw the most ambitious raid to date since WoW launched

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking to remove Raiding is probably one of the stupidest things ive seen, sorry if im beeing rude, but you are basicly asking for the removal of pve progression in this game. That is just plain dumb.

Looking at the numbers for Heroic, they're actually pretty large.

Some guilds are still progressing through either Terrace or HoF normal and haven't moved onto Heroic modes yet (that's what my old guild and a friend of mine's is too).

Those are some big numbers. Of course not as large as normal mode, but still substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

No less than 3 weeks from now, probably over a month. They tend to notify us when the PvP season is coming to an end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I still think 5.2 will drop around Mid Feburary, I just hope ESO doesn't drop in Feburary. I already have all my free time reserved to Final Fantasy 14 ARR beta.
    Considering that ESO isnt even in closed beta yet, I seriously doubt it.

Deleted
    5.2 is going to release in april imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    Wasn't it 2 months?
    I think I read somewhere that the MoP schedule is 2 months for content patch and then 4 months for the next raid patch. So each raid tier should last 6 months total.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Looking at the numbers for Heroic, they're actually pretty large.
    Most guilds are raiding in 10 man mode.

So, 5K guilds (raiding in H HoF/ToES), giving a 100% bonus for bench, second raid teams, etc., is 100K players.

That's just a couple percent of the NA/EU/KR/BZ player population. It's also close to the rounding error on the active account numbers they hand out every quarter.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

So, 5K guilds (raiding in H HoF/ToES), giving a 100% bonus for bench, second raid teams, etc., is 100K players.

That's just a couple percent of the NA/EU/KR/BZ player population. It's also close to the rounding error on the active account numbers they hand out every quarter.
    It is a stretch to assume those people have the same preference as you. I play with lots of non-raiders and have never heard them wish that the raid content was removed/trimmed. Just because a small % of people participate, does not automatically mean they would like that content to be replaced by something else. In fact, the largest reason people do not participate IMO, is simply time, they do not have the time to raid at that current time, or simply have never invested the overall time in the game where they are good enough/want too. The last thing they are worried about is more to do... new players, part time players, are actually overwhelmed IME... I know I was for long time.

In fact, I think the long history of the game catering to raiders, and the fact so many players who do not directly participate in it still love/play the game, is a testament to the fact that it should remain the center of the game, and that there may also be a X factor there that keeps people intrigued even if they do not directly access it. It created the ambiance.

Also, those same non-raiders do in fact go and play in old content, collect mounts and have fun, when it is easier and not current. With the addition of transmog gear, that has only grown. Also, I think they just enjoy being part of the community that is involved with that active story line, and the fact that some people, somewhere, are in fact killing the big bad guy, even if it is not them, is important to the feeling of the game. Also, I think Blizzard has made huge strides to add content beyond raids, compared to other expansions, while also keeping their story line and hardcore players entertained with raid content, so more non-raid content seems a bit wasted actually. I jsut do not think those people use it.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-01-30 at 01:43 AM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    It is a stretch to assume those people have the same preference as you.
    Well, it's a good thing I didn't do that, isn't it?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Late Feb in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early March if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Are you implying normal modes are too hard? The most ridiculous thing I've heard for awhile.
    Unfortunately, some are. Not every guild is capable of finding competent players to get things done. Hell, mines one of them.

15+ Year Old Account

I respect your opinion and your vision of the game.

But, you are asking to undo a decade of game development, philosophy, and community to fundamentally change WoW into something that it isn't.

There comes a time when every gamer must take a deep breath, sell/uninstall a game that he will never enjoy, and seek out greener pastures that can better suit your gaming needs.

I have not even stepped foot into normal mode raids, nor do I have interest in doing so. I'm not asking for nerfs; I'm asking for the developers who thought that kind of content was a good idea to be disabused of that notion.
    If you have not even tried the encounters, what do you base the claims about their difficulty on?

Deleted
    The ptr is live 4 weeks now, raid testing is almost 3 weeks, i cant seen another 4-6 weeks of raid testing, maybe 4 weeks left, unless something happens

so i will say the 20th or 27th of feb

mid march may be pushing it, but u never know, so ye i say 3-4 weeks

"We're gonna release content faster" LOL ye right Bliz, BS

I'm hoping it's soon, and that most people who were trying to raid in normal mode give up in disgust. The devs at Blizzard who think difficulty and complexity are good for the game need some stern discipline.
    Are you serious or just trolling to get a reaction? Cause that's probably the weirdest comment I've heard on these boards.

Deleted
    I'm hoping it's soon, and that most people who were trying to raid in normal mode give up in disgust. The devs at Blizzard who think difficulty and complexity are good for the game need some stern discipline.
    Remove normal+hc raiding and WoW is dead within a year. Just like all the other MMO's without any endgame.
    Any RPG needs a goal that is unobtainable or it has no reason left to live.