Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Really the only place I've come across this outcry to nerf normal modes is here on this forum and from Osmeric specifically.
    You need to work on reading comprehension. I'm not calling for normal modes to be nerfed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I did play in Vanilla and BC. My experience in BC convinced me that that mode of raiding wasn't for me. When they tried to go back to it in Cataclysm, I left the game for most of 2011.
    This line is enough, you are not raider and do not have enough skill to raid. Your opinions on raiding dont matter.

    Go play Skyrim.

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,642
    Osmeric is a pathetic troll, move along folks nothing to see here

    Mod Edit: Please don't insult people or call them trolls.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2013-01-30 at 05:51 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You need to work on reading comprehension. I'm not calling for normal modes to be nerfed.
    My reading comprehension is fine. Instead of my paraphrasing you, let's use your own quotes from this thread:


    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm hoping it's soon, and that most people who were trying to raid in normal mode give up in disgust. The devs at Blizzard who think difficulty and complexity are good for the game need some stern discipline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Are you implying normal modes are too hard? The most ridiculous thing I've heard for awhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They are beyond my personal level of enjoyment. And, judging by completion numbers on tracking sites, they are beyond the level of interest and/or ability of the vast majority of players.

    If you are defining "not too hard" as "you, Reyzzz, likes it", I decline to accept the validity of your definition.


    If you're asking for Blizzard to reduce the difficulty of normal mode then that is, in fact, asking for normal mode to be nerfed.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    the higher raid modes do nothing positive for my game experience.
    So your argument is "I don't use it, and there are a lot of people like me, therefore it is a waste of development time". Logically sound on first glance, but predicated on the assumption that time not spent on such content you have deemed worthless would translate directly to greater development time on content which you enjoy. This is very rarely the case. And if more content you enjoy is not ultimately your goal, why would you advocate the removal of content simply to see it removed? At that point, you are nothing more than a bitter individual telling people to get the hell out of YOUR game.

    Further, even if they removed all difficulties above LFR, the raids would still take up an almost equal amount of development time. Balancing the numbers across the difficulties is a trivial process insofar as the amount of time it takes. The process they use is fairly obvious if one pays attention to the details of each difficulty on each encounter. The heroic boss is designed first. The numbers are tuned down for normal, with the possible removal of abilities. The numbers are further tuned down for LFR. But the numbers balance is not what takes up the most time. The physical and spacial design of the raid encounter takes FAR longer. That is time that would need to be spent even if LFR were the only singular raid difficulty offered. So there would be no realistic gain in removing the higher difficulty content. At that point, there is no logical reasoning to rationalize the removal of content that a group of people, regardless of the size of that group, enjoy.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    If you're asking for Blizzard to reduce the difficulty of normal mode then that is, in fact, asking for normal mode to be nerfed.
    Saying normal modes are too hard for most players (and beyond my personal level of interest) is not the same as saying the difficulty of normal modes should be reduced. For me, at this point, I doubt I'd do normal modes even if they were nerfed.

    The message I do want to get across to Blizzard is that the inclusion of that difficult raid content does absolutely nothing to keep me in the game. It's not some carrot that's dangling out there, casting a value-enhancing aura on the parts of the game I play. It's at best irrelevant, and at worst a detriment (if not a huge one), to the game as I play it.

    Now, maybe Blizzard understands this, and has decided that the marginal cost of adding normal/heroic raid content (above and beyond LFR-only) is low enough that it ends up having adequate ROI. If so, so be it. I have a hard time believing heroic raid modes are paying their way though, given the low usage that mode gets.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-01-30 at 06:16 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The people I am responding to (including you!) also share responsibility for the direction the thread has gone in. It takes two (or more) to tango.
    In other words, as long as people feed the troll, it will continue eating.

  8. #88
    The Patient Reufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    So your argument is "I don't use it, and there are a lot of people like me, therefore it is a waste of development time". Logically sound on first glance, but predicated on the assumption that time not spent on such content you have deemed worthless would translate directly to greater development time on content which you enjoy. This is very rarely the case. And if more content you enjoy is not ultimately your goal, why would you advocate the removal of content simply to see it removed? At that point, you are nothing more than a bitter individual telling people to get the hell out of YOUR game.

    Further, even if they removed all difficulties above LFR, the raids would still take up an almost equal amount of development time. Balancing the numbers across the difficulties is a trivial process insofar as the amount of time it takes. The process they use is fairly obvious if one pays attention to the details of each difficulty on each encounter. The heroic boss is designed first. The numbers are tuned down for normal, with the possible removal of abilities. The numbers are further tuned down for LFR. But the numbers balance is not what takes up the most time. The physical and spacial design of the raid encounter takes FAR longer. That is time that would need to be spent even if LFR were the only singular raid difficulty offered. So there would be no realistic gain in removing the higher difficulty content. At that point, there is no logical reasoning to rationalize the removal of content that a group of people, regardless of the size of that group, enjoy.
    Somebody get this guy a beer ^^!

    Osmeric, the divide between HC and Normal Raiders should have NO effect on your gameplay. You cannot compare the model to pvp because PVP Power and PVP resilience has fixed the usage of PVE gear in PVP problem. Someone doing more dps than you in a Heroic Dungeon or LFR (which I assume is your only level of content) does not affect your game play either. You can complain about normal modes but as it does not directly nor inherently affect you, you should have no issue. Besides, there are still scenarios, dailies(lul), brawler's guild, bgs (I promise there are people just as undergeared/underskilled as you there), farming, RP, Heroic Dungeons, Old dungeons for xmog. YOU are unaffected. Do not compare pvp to pve anymnore as pve does not affect your pvp experience. It doesn't even compute. Furthermore, if you do have issues obtaining higher pvp gear due to skill....well they're taking that away this next patch as all you have to do is grind your 1800-2200 conquest points each week to get to 27000 which would take somewhere between 12-15 weeks and you will have all gear available to you.

    TL;DR: Don't let how others play and what others do affect your own enjoyment.

    P.S. Blizzard won't ever decide that some of its subscribers aren't "worthwhile" to keep around. If you haven't noticed, they want to please everyone. Clearly they can't; otherwise you wouldn't bitch. To that I say, unsubscribe.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    Somebody get this guy a beer ^^!

    Osmeric, the divide between HC and Normal Raiders should have NO effect on your gameplay. You cannot compare the model to pvp because PVP Power and PVP resilience has fixed the usage of PVE gear in PVP problem. Someone doing more dps than you in a Heroic Dungeon or LFR (which I assume is your only level of content) does not affect your game play either. You can complain about normal modes but as it does not directly nor inherently affect you, you should have no issue. Besides, there are still scenarios, dailies(lul), brawler's guild, bgs (I promise there are people just as undergeared/underskilled as you there), farming, RP, Heroic Dungeons, Old dungeons for xmog. YOU are unaffected. Do not compare pvp to pve anymnore as pve does not affect your pvp experience. It doesn't even compute. Furthermore, if you do have issues obtaining higher pvp gear due to skill....well they're taking that away this next patch as all you have to do is grind your 1800-2200 conquest points each week to get to 27000 which would take somewhere between 12-15 weeks and you will have all gear available to you.

    TL;DR: Don't let how others play and what others do affect your own enjoyment.

    P.S. Blizzard won't ever decide that some of its subscribers aren't "worthwhile" to keep around. If you haven't noticed, they want to please everyone. Clearly they can't; otherwise you wouldn't bitch. To that I say, unsubscribe.
    You deserve beer as well, a six-pack even.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    Somebody get this guy a beer ^^!
    I approve of this plan, and am excited to be a part of it!
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  11. #91
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Welcome to the Metachronopolis!
    Posts
    12,020
    The last few pages, particularly the discussion about normal mode raiding and whether or not it should be nerfed is completely off-topic. Since the thread is now totally derailed I'm closing it.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •