Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was originally thinking it would be either March 12th or March 19th, but now SC2:HotS has taken the March 12th slot, so I honestly believe it'll be March 19th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah it was. Mists was out September 25th. I think 5.1 dropped middle of November?
    5.1 Droped on Nov 27

As fro 5.2, I expect it to come on March 12 the latest.

What boss are you even stuck on? Garalon? Wind Lord?
    I have not even stepped foot into normal mode raids, nor do I have interest in doing so. I'm not asking for nerfs; I'm asking for the developers who thought that kind of content was a good idea to be disabused of that notion.

Realize that a shockingly small (and declining) fraction of players are doing normal mode raids, never mind heroic raids. And yet, Blizzard pours so much time and attention into that content. It's not something they should be proud of as game designers. They are doing this more for their own vanity than for the good of their employer.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I have not even stepped foot into normal mode raids, nor do I have interest in doing so. I'm not asking for nerfs; I'm asking for the developers who thought that kind of content was a good idea to be disabused of that notion.

Realize that a shockingly small (and declining) fraction of players are doing normal mode raids, never mind heroic raids. And yet, Blizzard pours so much time and attention into that content. It's not something they should be proud of as game designers. They are doing this more for their own vanity than for the good of their employer.
    Did you ever think people just aren't interested in raiding anymore? I personally never realized how small of a % of players in WoW just simply don't raid, or just do LFR.

And I guess this is where we disagree because I think they're doing a fantastic job.

They're nerfing the 5.0 raids when 5.2 hits anyways, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account

So they nerf content and is bad game design, they dont nerf content and is bad game design too? You sir are deluded. Raiding has always been a small fraction of the community, LFR is for people like you, that has no interest in it. They can indeed put all thier hearts out on actual raiding now that LFR is in place.

Lets not derail this into some ''What YOU think is good game design.'' Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So they nerf content and is bad game design, they dont nerf content and is bad game design too? You sir are deluded. Raiding has always been a small fraction of the community, LFR is for people like you, that has no interest in it. They can indeed put all thier hearts out on actual raiding now that LFR is in place.

Lets not derail this into some ''What YOU think is good game design.''
    No he makes a good point. Some people don't think the difficulty is balanced and I see them around the forums a bit, but that's where differing mentalities come in.

You can't change how a person reacts to something, and it's not their fault they react to it in their own certain way; it's their mentality's.

10+ Year Old Account
    No he makes a good point. Some people don't think the difficulty is balanced and I see them around the forums a bit, but that's where differing mentalities come in.

You can't change how a person reacts to something, and it's not their fault they react to it in their own certain way; it's their mentality's.
    Yeah, no idea what that has to do with the concept of normal and Heroics beeing harder than before, because LFR system is in place, but...uhm ok lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So they nerf content and is bad game design, they dont nerf content and is bad game design too? You sir are deluded.
    Before calling someone deluded, perhaps you should learn to read (or perhaps learn to think.) "I'm not asking for nerfs" is not equivalent to the statement "nerfs are bad game design".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Before calling someone deluded, perhaps you should learn to read (or perhaps learn to think.) "I'm not asking for nerfs" is not equivalent to the statement "nerfs are bad game design".
    So what do you think they should do?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    Wasn't it 2 months?
    5.1 wasn't a tier/season patch.

Well for me Normal and Heroic raids are the only reason I play this game and find it challenging (not talking about PvP). Challenging raids should be there or they have to compete with Sims or something..
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is before HotS, march 5th at the latest. February 12th the earliest.

But they kinda need to hurry up with the testing for that to happen, because so far it's not a whole lot that's been up on the PTR really.
    A couple of bosses have been tested once I believe, warlock quest chain isn't even testable etc.

So unless they speed up PTR patches, I could imagine them releasing the patch after HotS instead. Around the middle of march, which hopefully isn't the case.

So what do you think they should do?
    Delete difficulty modes that few people use. Besides having questionable return on investment, too many modes are causing problems with interactions with PvP, and awkward gear inflation. Heroic raid mode would be the first on the chopping block.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I still think 5.2 will drop around Mid Feburary, I just hope ESO doesn't drop in Feburary. I already have all my free time reserved to Final Fantasy 14 ARR beta.
    I guess you mean ESO beta, since there is a long time to ESO release date

Delete difficulty modes that few people use. Besides having questionable return on investment, too many modes are causing problems with interactions with PvP, and awkward gear inflation. Heroic raid mode would be the first on the chopping block.
    If they did that, you knew they'd hemorrage subscribers, right?

Heroics are actually used by a good number of people, including my guild.

LFR is for people who are just in the absolute dirt with finding gear, but more-so for people who don't regularly raid and WANT gear.

If they got rid of the 3 difficulties, there'd be so much backlash and they'd lose a few million subscribers, including the top, sponsored guilds in WoW.

I know this is your personal preference, but it's different than a lot of peoples', and I mean A LOT. But if that's what you want, I can't change that :x.

I'm hoping it's soon, and that most people who were trying to raid in normal mode give up in disgust. The devs at Blizzard who think difficulty and complexity are good for the game need some stern discipline.
    If you think normal mode raids are difficult you must being doing an awful job at playing what ever class you play, normal modes are still very causal content and is the bulk of the end game along with pvp i mean if you don't do any of these two activities what exactly do you play the game for?

Difficulty and complexity is what makes the game good if the game was too easy you would just get bored there would be no strive to improve, if you don't strive to improve then why play?

Surely you don't play to do dailies then log.

If they did that, you knew they'd hemorrage subscribers, right?
    A very small number. There are only about 10K guilds that have downed the easiest heroic mode boss in MSV. Only about 5K have downed the easiest heroic boss in HoF/ToES. This is a tiny fraction of their customers. Most players do not raid; of those that raid, most do LFR; of those that go beyond LFR; most never finish normal mode. Heroic mode raiding is a small slice of a small slice of the player population.

I think having something hard and unfinished yet can be enough enthusiasm for people to keep the subs up, if people are done with current tier of raiding they will unsub waiting for next challenge, see how many guilds currently are out there progressing? Remove all the PvE progressing community from game, what else remains? Its the core of the game, it was something that attracted millions during Vanilla and TBC era although maybe only 1% actually finished the content.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

A very small number. There are only about 10K guilds that have downed the easiest heroic mode boss in MSV. Only about 5K have downed the easiest heroic boss in HoF/ToES. This is a tiny fraction of their customers. Most players do not raid; of those that raid, most do LFR; of those that go beyond LFR; most never finish normal mode. Heroic mode raiding is a small slice of a small slice of the player population.
    ? A small number?

Do you know how many guilds do heroic modes?

Yes, raiding isn't as big a number as it used to be like a said, but it's still a substantial number.

If they got rid of Heroic Raiding, or even LFR, I'd unsub very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    If you think normal mode raids are difficult you must being doing an awful job at playing what ever class you play
    Ah yes, the expected hardcore ad hominem argument.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:51 PM ----------

? A small number?

Do you know how many guilds do heroic modes?
    You ask that question after I GAVE YOU THE NUMBERS? DId you even bother to read what I wrote?