5.2 valor gear and required rep

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

but you can't spend the damn valor without daily quests. The gear doesn't need the rep requirement.
    The 5.2 valor gear requires a rep, but it's not a rep you earn from dailies. (There is also a daily rep like in 5.1.) (Source)
    Has there been any more info on this anywhere? Not sure if this is new info or if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but it's pretty interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it would be the Shado-Pan Offensive, the reputation from the Throne of Thunder (which is earned much like Avengers of hyjal or Scale of the Sands)... considering they announced three factions, unless they randomly come up with a fourth, it should be that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

but you can't spend the damn valor without daily quests. The gear doesn't need the rep requirement.
    The 5.2 valor gear requires a rep, but it's not a rep you earn from dailies. (There is also a daily rep like in 5.1.) (Source)
    Has there been any more info on this anywhere? Not sure if this is new info or if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but it's pretty interesting.
    A new faction that gets rep from ToT raid was added in last patch update: Shado-Pan Assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    my guess would be a rep like the one we had in icc and fireland a raid base rep

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Shado-Pan X is a new faction you get rep with from the new raid, I'm guessing they'll sell the new stuff.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    They also stated that for going beyond some point of rep youll need to kill bosses ( no more thrash runs like ICC ) so I think it is clear: valor gear = shadopan assault rep = ToT Raid.

On the other side....its just speculation from my point of view but dont get alarmed if we dont have a full set of 516-522 valor gear but a few pieces instead.I got the feeling this is the direction but its just a feeling.

Deleted
    Take it we're trashing farming again in 5.2 then?

*edit*

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    ( no more thrash runs like ICC )
    I do hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Take it we're trashing farming again in 5.2 then?

*edit*

I do hope!
    You will be LFR farming for the rep to get VP items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    You will be LFR farming for the rep to get VP items.

Awww shit.....you know that's true as well FFS

Well, people didn't want valor gear tied to dailies. But I'm not sure how making a raid rep required for valor gear is better. That means by the time you get to revered, you'll most likely have a bunch of raid drops already.

Ideally the VP rep should stop at a certain level (basic items) if you do LFR and then require normal/HC boss kills to access the best gear

People like me may well end up farming LFR. Give that they tend to reset valor, and items usually cost more than 1000vp, those that are good enough will probably get more than enough rep from 1st week normal mode and 2nd week normal/heroic mode.

If they release LFR in stages, then I guess it might be hard to get enough rep from 1 or 2 quarters of the instance before you've got enough valor to buy something. I doubt I'll be desperate enough to farm lfr unless there is an item that I only have say a 476 for at the moment.

Kinda OT, but Valor we have now will be converted to Justice in 5.2 correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Well, people didn't want valor gear tied to dailies. But I'm not sure how making a raid rep required for valor gear is better. That means by the time you get to revered, you'll most likely have a bunch of raid drops already.
    Never underestimate Blizzard's ability to solve a problem not by giving players options but by going full retard in another direction they see as the silver bullet. Hopefully 5.2 doesn't see another massive shitstorm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Nope. 489s get a 50% discount and 496 a 25% discount. It's all still VP and rep locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post

While that has happened in the past, there is still no official word from Blizzard stating a decisive yes or no as of yet.