Boomkin Dps on Normal Windlord ( Hof)

..so my druid is a 489 balance druid and clear 16/16 with a few heroic.. and i cant seem to get my dps up on windlord for when adds are up.. i see people pulling 160-200k dps and im only doing like 100-110 at most.....? any suggestions

ive tried dotting stuff up then shrooms and such or just shrooms and single target.. idk what it is im doing wrong .. is it just bc im not doing it right or are boomkins just not good on that fight? for the first few min in the fight that is... ( im using starfall obviously )

Chuchnourish
    korgath (Pvp)
    Alliance- Level 90
    Last edited by kordruid; 2013-01-29 at 07:20 PM.

EDIT: Wow, never mind what I just said, I just checked top logs for this fights again and couldn't find a single person using hurricane! Damn.

PS: Whatever u do, forget mushrooms except if your planting them while moving or have pre-planted pre-pull. They are just horrible right now.

From what I've seen on WoL ppl do hurricane when all adds up but still go through their opener/3min cds like this:

1) Normal inc+nv opener
    2) When opening is done, go to solar & spam hurricane, innervate to help with mana
    3) When first wave of adds die or ur going oom, rotate single target to lunar (eclipse dot 2 or 3 adds) then solar and go back to 2 (hurricane solar spam).
    4) At 3 min mark go through ur inc+nv burn single target, then back to hurricane if more than 4-5 adds are up, else eclipse dot them and do normal rotation.

Disclaimer: I'm always resto on this fight so don't listen to me :P
    Last edited by land; 2013-01-29 at 07:34 PM.

My usual rotation is:
    1) Begin pull as per usual (75-pre lunar) and use CDs at the start
    2) Reach an eclipse state and DoT the adds only with the buffed eclipse (Moonfire in Lunar, Sunfire in Solar)
    3) Starsurge procs tend to push me out of eclipse so just before I leave eclipse I re-DoT everything with the buffed DoT
    4) normal rotation to next eclipse
    5) continue

so enter lunar -> Dot all with moonfire -> 20 energy from 0 = re-dot with moonfire -> starfire/ starsurge to solar -> dot all with sunfire etc

I ranked #26 doing using this method with some mistakes here and there (my gear is above what most people will have when they encounter the boss however) http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/24...kings/players/

alright thanks.. il try that .. checked out ur logs and seems like a good strat to dps on that boss..

Pure hurricane spam works also. As on heroic it's a waste to blow CDs in the beginning, I just sit solar and spam hurricane. Sure it's low dps (150k with 508 ilvl) but it's the highest you can get without CDs.

For normal I'd suggest for you to go with hurricane but then multidot/starsurge during when you have Inc+NV+CA up.