Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Not in the colloquial term, but yes this is scary. Despite the fact that it seems to be constant, it is get more and more brazen. You don't imagine this getting worse and ruining the community? It seems pretty obvious to me, considering it has already ruined Hellfire...

    Also, the video was not meant to jerk any tears, just document the issue.
    Thanks for the riveting feedback, nonetheless!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    A lot of people are commenting about this to me as well. That's why I was hoping to see enough people going at them, so they would HAVE to have a response. But it doesn't always work that way.
    yeah I opened a ticket as well and they told me to use the in game feature. You can't even report them from the /who menu.

    Like it should really be my job to individually report 100s of bots...

  3. #43
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,567
    "This botting has always happened therefore its ok!"

    wait what?
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  4. #44
    This is happening on Kil'jaeden too. I sometimes go there and see how many i can kill before they get into the portal.

  5. #45
    Transfer to a low-pop server and your mind will be at ease.

  6. #46
    Brewmaster orangelemonrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,251
    did it on my realm, Frostmourne, 8 80 hunters in shattered halls

  7. #47
    And this is relevant why ? Bots exist, bots existed, bots will continue to exist.

    And i'd much rather have those bots farming dungeons that camping nodes or interfering with in-game activities of my characters.

  8. #48
    @celinamuna The back half of your question is answered below. It is quoted, from me (the OP) literally on the same page as the question you asked. The more general half of your question, "And this is Relevant why?" is obviously the topic of this post and the subsequent media. The idea is, this is a systemic and massive issue. It may be persistent, as already discussed, but that doesn't mean it should be overlooked. This is literally a blight on the game and its community, IMHO, and to simply brush it under the rug because you don't feel like it effects you is absurd. That's like saying you don't care about cancer research because it doesn't effect you and has been killing people always.

    Action needs to be taken, and I am doing my part, albeit small and likely irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Despite the fact that it seems to be constant, it is get more and more brazen. You don't imagine this getting worse and ruining the community? It seems pretty obvious to me, considering it has already ruined Hellfire...

  9. #49
    Seen botting like this since day one unfortunately. The bad bots back in the day would attack annything so I often kited a hunter bot to a horde town and let them rot

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Seen botting like this since day one unfortunately. The bad bots back in the day would attack annything so I often kited a hunter bot to a horde town and let them rot
    Really? You saw hundreds of the same class in the same gear not even attempt to hide themselves and brazenly farm an obscure objective hundreds of times?
    I'm not saying its not possible, and I understand there have been INDIVIDUALS botting since the conception of the game, but I can't understand how this type of mass exploiting can go on.

    If you really have seen this on the large scale since Classic, have you taken any action?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Right because if your going to bot you'd only do it during prime time.
    Well a lot of bots on my server are only underway during "prime time" - I kinda assumed in these cases that the computer is in the bedroom.
    Botting has at least from my personal experience never been as mainstream as nowadays knowing that Blizzard won't act. Chances of getting banned for using a fishing bot for instance are close to non existent. Unmerged accounts are cheap, playtime is cheap and bans are infrequent and short if even happening at all so the investment is pretty much always completely safe.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-30 at 09:50 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Really? You saw hundreds of the same class in the same gear not even attempt to hide themselves and brazenly farm an obscure objective hundreds of times?
    I'm not saying its not possible, and I understand there have been INDIVIDUALS botting since the conception of the game, but I can't understand how this type of mass exploiting can go on.

    If you really have seen this on the large scale since Classic, have you taken any action?
    Hundreds? i've seen around 50+ on a server before farming strat in vanilla. I have not seen hundreds as you did on any server, it could just be your server or they could be staggering their times who knows.

    Blizzard bans in waves for the bots as they try to get as much data as they can so they can get as many of them as they can. I reported any bots I saw back in the day. Now I rarely see them as I either do dailies or LFD runs. I only encounter some bots when I do solo raid content or old heroics etc.

    Oh and if you ever played in vanilla felwood was a bots paradise they were all of the water/tree elementals.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Hundreds? i've seen around 50+ on a server before farming strat in vanilla.
    Ok, interesting feedback then. So you DO or DO NOT feel it has gotten worse, and far more abusive?
    In conjunction, the previous mention was LIKELY or NOT LIKELY actual people's individual bots opposed to this clearly coordinated mass-effort.

    Thank you very much for your input.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •