Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it the game? Or am i just bad?

This is not a rage thread. I'm just wondering if there is something i could have done different.

So i was doing 2's with my friend. He's a rogue. And we get faced with Unholy DK and Demo lock.

Arms Warrior+Assasin Rogue vs Demo Lock+Unholy DK

So this is what happened. It starts off normal game, we're fighting, swapping, and eventually the DK kills my undergeared rogue friend. (expected). And shortly after i kill the DK.

THIS is where it gets sketchy. It was me 1v1'ing a Demo lock.

The demo lock had his portal up ontop of a pillar in Blade's Edge Arena.

Every time i went to go on him, he would drop down. And if i dropped down, he would port right back up.

Could anyone give me any knowledge on how to beat a warlock when he does this? I know there must be a way, maybe i'm just missing something? Or is 1v1'ing a Demo Lock on Blade's edge just a lost cause?
    Last edited by Galilei; 2013-01-29 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    This is not a rage thread. I'm just wondering if there is something i could have done different.

So i was doing 2's with my friend. He's a rogue. And we get faced with Unholy DK and Demo lock.

So this is what happened. It starts off normal game, we're fighting, swapping, and eventually the DK kills my undergeared rogue friend. (expected). And shortly after i kill the DK.

THIS is where it gets sketchy. It was me 1v1'ing a Demo lock.

The demo lock had his portal up ontop of a pillar in Blade's Edge Arena.

Every time i went to go on him, he would drop down. And if i dropped down, he would port right back up.

Could anyone give me any knowledge on how to beat a warlock when he does this? I know there must be a way, maybe i'm just missing something? Or is 1v1'ing a Demo Lock on Blade's edge just a lost cause?
    Might help if we knew what class you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Might help if we knew what class you are.
    You're right. I apologize. Was too into typing the story. I'm an arms warrior.

Honestly, Blade's Edge is a very Warlock friendly map.

Make good use of your Charges, Heroic Leap, and Intervening Banners to stay on him. Ultimately you should be able to get him down low enough to where you can easily finish him in a Shockwave, or, if your CDs come back up, just blow him up in a stun.

Deleted
    No biggie. And ouch. My main alt is a demo/affli-lock and yea, the situation you described is very, very heavily in the locks favour.

Unless they "fixed" heroic leap, there's a way to jump back up top. As soon as your falling animation starts after jumping off the top you can use heroic leap to leap back up, however its very hard to do considering you have to get lucky and hope the warlock ports before you touch ground.

No biggie. And ouch. My main alt is a demo/affli-lock and yea, the situation you described is very, very heavily in the locks favour.
    So it's not just all me?

Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    Honestly, Blade's Edge is a very Warlock friendly map.

Make good use of your Charges, Heroic Leap, and Intervening Banners to stay on him. Ultimately you should be able to get him down low enough to where you can easily finish him in a Shockwave, or, if your CDs come back up, just blow him up in a stun.
    I have double charge and was shockwaving him every chance i saw. He would just fear and kite me the whole time. And whenever he anywhere near half health. he would port back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Unless they "fixed" heroic leap, there's a way to jump back up top. As soon as your falling animation starts after jumping off the top you can use heroic leap to leap back up, however its very hard to do considering you have to get lucky and hope the warlock ports before you touch ground.
    He wouldn't do that falling trick. He would literally go down and start casting at me, and would port back up when he had it off CD.

Deleted
    So it's not just all me?
    Most definitely not :P

All I can suggest is your rogue friend catching the lock and keeping the pressure on immediately, before he gets his circle down. Outside of that, the lock has to play very bad to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    All I can suggest is your rogue friend catching the lock and keeping the pressure on immediately, before he gets his circle down. Outside of that, the lock has to play very bad to lose.
    Yeah, my rogue friend is very undergeared. Which is why him and the DK died almost at the same time.

It's just frustrating because i'm pretty sure i'm better than that lock. And knowing that he won because of environment just gets to me.

Deleted
    It's just frustrating because i'm pretty sure i'm better than that lock. And knowing that he won because of environment just gets to me.
    I'm not surprised.. Having been on the other side of the fence I've found myself thinking in that position "this just isn't fair, man that warrior must be steaming by now"

If he's going to "play bitch" as well call it, just sit up there out of his LoS on his port. Make him come to you. Make use of your bandages and wait for the big cds to come back as well as killing his pet. Your cds are a shitton better than his so when the time comes to make your move wait for a port then leap to a corner and charge him then blow reck/avatar and kill him while ports on cd. With second wind being how it is espescially against locks you have the advantage here as a warrior. He should not be able to kill you and you will kill him when your cds are up.

Still annoying as shit though regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    If he's going to "play bitch" as well call it, just sit up there out of his LoS on his port. Make him come to you. Make use of your bandages and wait for the big cds to come back as well as killing his pet. Your cds are a shitton better than his so when the time comes to make your move wait for a port then leap to a corner and charge him then blow reck/avatar and kill him while ports on cd. With second wind being how it is espescially against locks you have the advantage here as a warrior. He should not be able to kill you and you will kill him when your cds are up.

Still annoying as shit though regardless.
    Funny thing is, i leaped away last second and my 2nd wind was keeping me alive. His pet comes out of no where and solos me before i could kill it. lol.

I'm not surprised.. Having been on the other side of the fence I've found myself thinking in that position "this just isn't fair, man that warrior must be steaming by now"
    I wasn't mad or anything. Like i was completely calm at my keyboard. But i was just sitting there thinking "wow, this is insanely outrageous."
    Last edited by Galilei; 2013-01-30 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    What about killing firstly the lock and then 1v1 the dk ?

I am lock and if I will ever lose 1vs1 on blade edge vs any melee class, I will delete my character. Also, the demo lock has 2 separate cds for the portal. One cd on normal form and one on demon form. Plus, the demo lock has the trow ability on 12s cd so he can trow you off the bridge.

2 equally skilled players with equally gear, one demo lock and one a melee, the lock will win ALL the matches. He will lose only if he gets disconnected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    I am lock and if I will ever lose 1vs1 on blade edge vs any melee class, I will delete my character. Also, the demo lock has 2 separate cds for the portal. One cd on normal form and one on demon form. Plus, the demo lock has the trow ability on 12s cd so he can trow you off the bridge.

2 equally skilled players with equally gear, one demo lock and one a melee, the lock will win ALL the matches. He will lose only if he gets disconnected.
    What Kyraka says is 100% true. Im a demo lock in arena aswell and you just can't possibly lose vs melee with knockbacks, double port and if you have a gateway, it's even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sit below and wait for the lock to come to you... Once he gets low he'll have to port back up and at that moment all you have to do is using heroic leap to get up, avoid the knockback and finish the job.

Sometimes the way to win a game, is not playing it.

You've only met bad people then, as warlock you can easily lose 1v1 in blade edge, especially against warriors, rogues, monks and ferals. If you can get back up in a few seconds and avoid getting knocked off, it's GG

What Kyraka says is 100% true. Im a demo lock in arena aswell and you just can't possibly lose vs melee with knockbacks, double port and if you have a gateway, it's even worse.
    You can no longer double port, its hotfixed, and gateway doesn't work with z axis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    You can no longer double port, its hotfixed, and gateway doesn't work with z axis.
    Yes you can. Currently in-game and tried, doubleport definitely works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can. Currently in-game and tried, doubleport definitely works.
    Hmm, I see, I misread. T ought it was a hotfix, but seems double port is being removed for 5.2 instead.
    I obviously don't play demonology hehe.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    he had the advantage on the map.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.