Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Shadowpanther is where I first learned of the HAT bug early WOTLK. Now THAT was a bug, the only thing holding back our dps was tank threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    And Alakhazam before Thottbot. Oh, the nostalgia...

Can't say I've used Shadowpanther a lot - EJ provided the raw intel I needed, and I just wish there was a Shadowcraft for each of my alts.
    oh wow.. alakhazam.. we went way back. 1999 everquest days way back. I remember finding a mob that alakhazam didnt have and submitting a picture of it, it was one of the proudest moments of my MMO carreer (going up against sha heroic tonight, his death wont mean as much)

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    Incineration, you have my sword!
    (come on.. come on..)
    Disapointed noone else chimed in here with.. ionno, a bow.. or axe..
    Last edited by eijin; 2013-01-30 at 06:00 PM.

I used roguerogue.com a while back, never heard of shadowpanter. Nowadays I only use EJ or ArenaJunkies depending on what I am on the lookout for. It is kind of sad for the old timers when the places we used to gather our information, whether it be thottbot, roguerogue, alakhazam and now shadowpanther - and possibly others. Have died. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've seen Shadowpanther since Wrath came out, except for one twink gearing assessment, sadly, so it's been gone for a long time now to me.

Allakhazam and Everquest... I will never miss your incredibly slow site load times. Those were horrendous. You were useful, but you had no candles to match to today's WoW sites.

Anyone remember roguespot? That and Shadowpanther was awesome back in the day.

Deleted
    I was fully expecting we'd have amassed a small legion by now... I'm incredibly disappointed...

Posting memes sometimes can be dangerous :3 better this way than a spam thread.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    RIP Shadowpanther, you were a good partner in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda like how thottbot was the wowhead before wowhead?
    I used to go to Goblin Workshop

10+ Year Old Account
    What site? never heard of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Posting memes sometimes can be dangerous :3 better this way than a spam thread.
    Speak for yourself! I want my army...

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Speak for yourself! I want my army...
    dude, i stopped a mexican cartel and saved Shanghai with an 'army of two'. We got this bro.

also: never heard of goblin workshop

I first came across Shadowpanther site when looking up twink information. That was a cool site. I'm sad its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by zbik View Post
    is now.
    Thottbot was an unofficial World of Warcraft plug-in and database website.[1] On November 30, 2010, Thottbot was discontinued as a separate database and just returned Wowhead results.[2] Due to this change, separate comments independent to Thottbot, old news, and separate forums were largely removed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thottbot

Deleted
    I had forgotten it completely aswell, playing now DK as main. Back in TBC Shadowpanther was best armor chart source for rogue. Many thanks to the guy who kept it running this long! A big contribution to the rogue community. /salute

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrytiger View Post
    I first came across Shadowpanther site when looking up twink information. That was a cool site. I'm sad its gone.
    It's not gone, I'm just not updating it any longer. The site will stay up indefinitely, so you can still refer back to it for all of your Rogue twinking needs.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    For real though, it was a nice little quick reference guide for rogues. It was the go to for gearing and spec info before the shadowcraft spreadsheet. It kinda became obsolete with the introduction of the shadowcraft spreadsheet.
    In addition to PVE information, my site also provided PVP and twinking/leveling resources for Rogues. I also maintained an extensive page of links to other Rogue sites, a complete list of Rogue nerfs/buffs over the years and, at one time, several profession powerleveling guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I face the oncoming lynch mob; Never heard of it - never needed it. Did it provide anything I couldn't find at EJ's or right on here?
    Not really. Thus its shutting down I suppose.
    I stopped updating my site because I lost interest in the game. For most people, WoW is an addictive and enjoyable game, but for me, it was a second job. I didn't feel that I could continue maintaining the quality of the site without being actively involved in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    What site? never heard of it.
    Google: shadowpanther and check it out sometime. I've been working tirelessly for 8 years updating 30+ charts, guides and other resources for the benefit of the Rogue community. I guess it shouldn't surprise me how many of you had never heard of the site, or had forgotten it over the years. For those of you who do remember it fondly, thank you very much for your kind words and support over the years.

Remember it from BC, used it a lot back then. good times.