Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will we ever see weather in cities?

I've been trying to dig around and see if anyone official has said anything about this.

During the Pre-Cataclysm event we had weather in Stormwind and Thunder Bluff. It would be cool to see Stormwind have some weather (Maybe some storms and some wind actually?). Orgrimmar could have dust storms, maybe some rain or snow in Darnassus, Beer storms in Ironforge...

Not sure if there's been anything said though. Maybe there's some limitation on the weather and we'll never see it?
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Deleted
    It's raining in Darnassus quite often actually!

I'd love that, anything to make the world feel more alive. It's AWESOME when it's raining in valley of the four winds and it actually impacts visibility because it's raining so hard! I'd love for weather effects to actually impact the game too. Like a dust storm hits increasing chance to miss target by 5%. Little things. It would be a bit of a steal from pokemon, but I mean... pokemon is literally in the game so...

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 to this idea. Would be cool, and not that hard to do. Anything to make the world less stagnant.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I would love to see, equally on par with weather patterns?

Tidal influences on the oceans.

Seriously, they redid the water engine back in, Cata wasn't it? Yet, every single ocean is this perfectly placid and flat expanse of water that one would think there wasn't a moon, when in actuality, there are two moons!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

Seriously, they redid the water engine back in, Cata wasn't it? Yet, every single ocean is this perfectly placid and flat expanse of water that one would think there wasn't a moon, when in actuality, there are two moons!
    well there you have it, two moons completely negate eachothers effect on the tides, thus theres no tidal effect at all. /falsefacts

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see more than just rain. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Huh. Now that you mention it I don't recall it ever raining in Org..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    +1 to this idea. Would be cool, and not that hard to do. Anything to make the world less stagnant.
    Actually it is. If it snows somewhere the snow needs to stay on the ground -> Blizzards needs to create new textures for their models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Actually it is. If it snows somewhere the snow needs to stay on the ground -> Blizzards needs to create new textures for their models.
    It can snow without it staying on the ground if it's around 0 degrees, especially due to the fact that the ground is usually slightly warmer than the air.

It's never even night time in org...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

The 5.2 islands have these effects. <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-connor View Post
    What? Yes it is...(unless you were jokeing)

Quote Originally Posted by sir-connor View Post
    It's just well-lit. Look up @ night and you'll see stars

I wish we had real weather effects like floods and blizzards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish we could turn weather off. I hate it when it's dark, rainy and cold looking in the game. I get enough of that in the real world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I wish we could turn weather off. I hate it when it's dark, rainy and cold looking in the game. I get enough of that in the real world.
    You spend way too much time in the real world then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What? Yes it is...(unless you were jokeing)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    It's just well-lit. Look up @ night and you'll see stars
    http://commandboard.files.wordpress....orgrimmar7.jpg

vs

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.c..._orgrimmar.jpg

Was the point I was trying to make.

OT; I'd love to see weather in cities, but I doubt they'll ever do it. I'd like to see more common weather events, they're fairly rare as is. I'd also like to see seasons, snow on the ground in certain places in winter, blossoming trees in spring, dying leaves in autumn. All these things are probably pretty low priority on blizzard's list of things to do though.

Is it just me or was the rain more intense in vanilla? There was fog and wind sounds. Now it's just...rain.

I would much rather they spent time and effort doing anything besides putting weather in capital cities. Its a waste of time and resources when these things are better spent on future content that we really need. New raids, quicker expansion release, new character models, new quests, these are the things we need blizz working on, not rain effects and puddles in orgrimmar.