CCing Lei Shi's Protectors

Just sitting at work and not working, and this question popped into my head. Can I root the protectors with void tendrils/frost nova/earth grab etc? Checked on Icy Veins but it doesn't mention these spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The only issue is that if your raid isn't in the habit of moving away from these rooted protectors they will eat melee hits and potentially die. Earthgrab is fantastic for doing this. The other issue is that some of those roots will break if someone looks at them funny. We mainly use it to keep them controlled in the period between spawning and a better cc option being placed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Yes. The only issue is that if your raid isn't in the habit of moving away from these rooted protectors they will eat melee hits and potentially die. Earthgrab is fantastic for doing this. The other issue is that some of those roots will break if someone looks at them funny. We mainly use it to keep them controlled in the period between spawning and a better cc option being placed on them.
    Yeah that's really what I wanted to use it for. We've been downing this boss for weeks now, but if something is gonna go wrong in ToES, its this phase. Thank you for the response.

I assume a shaman's CC spell for elementals also works?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I assume a shaman's CC spell for elementals also works?
    Yes, it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    correct me if i'm wrong but i think all cc works

Deleted
    I still spam our healers with Hand of Protection & Salvation when the adds appear, hoping they are picked up/CC'd by the time the effects wear off. :P

Deleted
    It does, but sadly not the best if you're raid group likes multidotting.

Best bet are hard cc's.